The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Exciting Personal News

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

I'm very excited and humbled to say that I have been asked to exhibit my bodyscape collection at the Saint-Petersburg Photo Vernissag. This photo exhibit, will be hung in September 2010 in St. Petersburg Russia at the Central Exhibition Hall "Manege".

For the selection of my images to show I am going to depend heavily upon the process of social selection.

Accordingly I have set up a voting gallery at my website along with a comments section to share any specific thoughts you had (your comments here would be very welcome as well). I would be extremely grateful if you would take a minute to follow this link and cast a vote. Note that the link contains images of the natural female form. The imagery is not meant to be erotic, but is "not safe for work" (NSFW).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Some technical details. These were shot with a variety of backs/bodies/lenses including:
P65+, P45+, P40+, P30+

Phase One AF, Phase One DF, Hasselblad H2
HC120mm Macro, HC100mm (rarely), HC80mm, HC50mm, HC35mm (rarely)
Phase One 120mm D Macro, Phase One 150mm D, Phase One 80mm D, Mamiya 45mm

A HUGE thank you goes to my generous employer Capture Integration which encourages me to use our rental digital backs and camera bodies for my own shooting as part of our companies' philosophy of hands on experience and testing.

Every shot was done tethered into Capture One and a style was set so that the images came into Capture One with the look you see in the final product. This included a black and white profile drawing mostly off of the red channel (which reduced blemishes and blotches which are often less apparent in the red than in the green/blue data), an increase in contrast, a S curve with a aggressive floor to provide a pure-black, a slight increase in clarity, and a slight vignette. I must say shooting tethered for this type of work was incredibly helpful for three major reasons:
1) it's hard to fully visualize how the scene will appear as a contrasty b+w
2) seeing the image 30" wide at high resolution a few seconds after the shot allowed me to see how the focus and fall-off of focus would appear in the final (large) print much more than simply seeing the ground glass through the viewfinder
3) as you change angles to the light the exposure changes (since part of the light is now reflecting off of the subject and not just illuminating it) and the highlight warning tool gave me a highly accurate, easy, and fast way of seeing whether my exposure was accurate.

Personal Work

Last edited:

JanRSmit

I'm very excited and humbled to say that I have been asked to exhibit my bodyscape collection at the Saint-Petersburg Photo Vernissag. This photo exhibit, will be hung in September 2010 in St. Petersburg Russia at the Central Exhibition Hall "Manege".

For the selection of my images to show I am going to depend heavily upon the process of social selection.

Accordingly I have set up a voting gallery at my website along with a comments section to share any specific thoughts you had (your comments here would be very welcome as well).

Follow this link to cast your vote. Note that the link contains images of the natural female form. The imagery is not meant to be erotic, but is "not safe for work" (NSFW).

Personal Work
If this is "Not safe for work", then what IS safe?:thumbup:

Strong compositions, very graphic, definitely not erotic, yet quite feminine.

jonoslack

Congratulations Doug.
I think the pictures are wonderful - - - do you really mean that they aren't meant to be erotic? if so, I must have an over-sensitive brain!

all the best

vieri

Congratulations Doug, great images and a great opportunity! :D ...as far as their eroticism, I must side with Jono & The Over Sensitive Brains group on this one :ROTFL:

jlm

Workshop Member
congrats and good luck

by the way it is "Arctic", if that is the word you wanted.

(personally, i would prefer no titles)

jonoslack

Congratulations Doug, great images and a great opportunity! :D ...as far as their eroticism, I must side with Jono & The Over Sensitive Brains group on this one :ROTFL:
Hmm - have you noticed, it seems to be us Europeans that have the grubby minds :ROTFL:

kdphotography

Nice Doug!

You didn't happen to use any of Dave's cameras...that he happened to buy from that Don Libby fellow, did you? :D