The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

anyone using C1 "FLASH V2" profile?

narikin

Phase seem to be defaulting to their new "Flash V2" profile in Capture One, for the P65+. what are people thinking of that profile?

I liked it at first glance, and for brighter subject matter, but for shadow 3/4 tones I see splotching on my monitor. it reminds me of the "High Sat" profiles with increased saturation.

my default is still "Outdoor Daylight" which is much more neutral, but would love some hybrid of the two.

any opinions? what are peoples preferred defaults?

kdphotography

I like Flash V2 better than Flash V1. But like you, find that "Outdoor Daylight" is more neutral.... I use those two profiles 99% of the time to start....

ken

Eden

Presume dumb questions are permissible, but how do you set a default for the ICC profile? My P-40+ defaults to Flash V2 as files import; if I prefer Outdoor Daylight do I have to change it each time? Anyone else have an opinion on the two profiles?

Thanks,

Lynn

vieri

Presume dumb questions are permissible, but how do you set a default for the ICC profile? My P-40+ defaults to Flash V2 as files import; if I prefer Outdoor Daylight do I have to change it each time? Anyone else have an opinion on the two profiles?

Thanks,

Lynn
I am not sure how to set a default, but there is an easy workaround: import all your images from a shoot in C1, just set your preferred profile on the first image, select "Copy adjustments", select all images, "Paste adjustments", and there you go, all the pics will have your preferred profile. Then, if you wish, you can edit them individually, and the profile will stay the same. Hope this helps,

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I am not sure how to set a default, but there is an easy workaround: import all your images from a shoot in C1, just set your preferred profile on the first image, select "Copy adjustments", select all images, "Paste adjustments", and there you go, all the pics will have your preferred profile. Then, if you wish, you can edit them individually, and the profile will stay the same. Hope this helps,
. . . or save it as a Style. I have the ICC Profile along with several other settings I will normally use saved as a Style. I then apply the Style to a single image, a group of images, or the whole folder of images as needed.

vieri

. . . or save it as a Style. I have the ICC Profile along with several other settings I will normally use saved as a Style. I then apply the Style to a single image, a group of images, or the whole folder of images as needed.
Very true, didn't think about the use of a Style for this purpose. Thanks for chiming in! :D

baxter

I'm just finding my way around C1Pro and find this thread interesting.

Styles seem the way ahead. I find myself wanting to be able to import images with a designated style. Thus right from the outset the image could have preferred ICC profile, copyright/metadata and whatever else the user deemed important.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It would be really handy to have import with style as one can add to tethered capture.
That is one of my big wish-list items.
I have a default P65+ style I use with a number of tweaks, the v2 flash profile, but without white balance, which I use for studio captures, and another, with the daylight profile selected and a nominal default white balance, that I use for landscape.
It would be nice to select one of them during import.
That would avoid some of my persistent user errors.
Another is multi-select when the process button is hit. Would be nice to have a "do you really want to convert 456 files to 16bit tiff right now?" dialog
-bob