Site Sponsors

Thread: H3d 39 Invalid calibration

Post Thanks / Like

H3d 39 Invalid calibration

I have heard about this problem before but never found any solution. Everything appears to work initially as image is displayed on screen for about 2 seconds then seems to drop back about 5 stops to almost a black screen. Message invalid calibration comes up. I presume the fault is with writing to the card correctly so error must be in the back. With Phocus there is no transfer of image just busy signal. I would appreciate any pointers on this before I ship off to the dealer.

Regards Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: H3d 39 Invalid calibration

Hi Martin,

I am afraid you need to return to dealer for this one. The camera will be recalibrated.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks David. I suspected this. Do I need to send only the back or back plus body ? Just out of interest what does it mean ?
    Regards Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Martin,

Your dealer will advise when he has received info from the service department.

Calibration files, unique to your camera, are stored in memory in-camera. For some reason they have become corrupted and not readable by the H3D. Therefore they need to be reapplied to the memory.

David

Post Thanks / Like

I will contact CRKennedy in Auckland tomorrow thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Its best to send the whole camera as it will be recalibrated for focus amongst a few other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Will do. Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... my setup shows similar things. I found out that Phocus definitely does not like it when I swap backs in the middle of a shoot without stopping Phocus. Keeping Phocus open, slumber the Macpro and continue with another back the day after is also a recipe to get this error.

I get the same error message, 'invalid file' or 'calibration file not found' (one of these anyway). I assume you are not doing the same thing I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine problem is permanent whether connected to Phocus or not. So its different. Hope yours is not an early sign

BlueLemon

This too happened to me yesterday on a, for me, important photosession - luckily I had my truthfull workhorse Canon 1Ds2 with me - saved my butt.

I adress this to Hasselblad :

This camera, H3D2-39, which has just passed 4.000 exposures comes out with a calibration error.... .... you canīt be serious ??? I have had this camera for less than 1 year, bought directly from a Hasselblad representative, and not sure if I have a warranty on this purchase...

If not, Iīm going Phase One or Leaf directly and donīt look back. Really like the feel the Hasselblad lenses provide, but this camera - I just donīt trust it. Have been with me on 3 weddings, and everytime i had to rely on my Canon.

I have been using Hasselblad for over 20 years, but for the first time, I donīt trust Hasselblad.

Tell me what to do Hasselblad

Pictures where taken on 50 Iso, with a 100mm/[email protected] and with a sync cable connected to Elinchrome RX1200 system - and after just 20 pictures, my exposures started show up in display correct for 2 seconds, and then goes into black, with 2 purple stripes and later it turned black and with a green random area. After this, all the other pictures on card where destroyed too.

I cannot firmware upgrade from Phocus 2.5 - the menu for upgrade is greyed out.

Tried remove the prism, battery and lens - still no function to upgrade.

If i have to throw any kind of money after this - in case of repair, you just lost a Hasselblad user for good. So much money spend on .... what.... a camera you cannot trust.

Claus Stensgaard