The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New TC si from ALPA

• Thread starter Optechs Digital
  • Start date

JSK Rangefinder

Paul, do you have or rather can you post few pictures with black ebony grips attached.. I've seen the rosewood.. not sure if you guys make or can make grips using Ebony?

Thank you

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The old black grips for the TC were synthetic. The new grips for the TC are rosewood (natural) or rosewood (black). You can also get black rosewood for the WA/SWA.

O

Optechs Digital

There is a brand new black Rosewood grip for the right hand side as mentioned by Peter. It is very attractive, black but the wood grain is still visible. Fits the hand perfectly. Currently there is no ebony grip available.
Best Regards,
Paul

JSK Rangefinder

Here are a couple more views of the new Black Rosewood grip. This particular grip as shown only fits the TC or TC si. It ads essentially no weight to the camera package.

View attachment 32152

View attachment 32153

Paul
Paul, it looks good on the picture.. so I guess Black Rosewood will do.

My plan is to potentially buy x2 TC's so I can use Wide and Tele at the same time without going back and forth with exchanging lenses:

- Now, I don't know much about Alpa so I'll ask if I can use the same model
of view finder with wide and tele, or do I have to buy third party view finder.. or are you guys providing with the purchase of Alpa viewfinders different masks etc.?

- Is TC perhaps small to mount the telephoto lens.. and if, whats
the way around it.. meaning how do I set it up on tripod since
the frame is so thin and therefore mild wind can potentially effect the performance regardless of how sharp the lens is.

- Having one Digital Back mounted on the 1st TC.. obviously 2nd TC will be left with exposed lens on the back collecting dust.. To prevent that from happening (while I use my other TC) does Alpa provide their customers
with dedicated back board so i can close it, and if.. I would appreciate
some pictures?

- Along the same road, can you please post the list of
accessories/configuration I need.. and if they are different in regards to different DB Manufacturer Hasselblad/Phase/Leaf 'cause some need extra cables/some need other stuff etc., please make a note of it..

I'm sure there are more questions but at this point if I'm missing something I'll let you fill in..

Thank you

Last edited:
O

Optechs Digital

Hi JSK,

I can happily answer all of these question for you a little bit later and if you don't mind I will do it via private message.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, it looks good on the picture.. so I guess Black Rosewood will do.

My plan is to potentially buy x2 TC's so I can use Wide and Tele at the same time without going back and forth with exchanging lenses:

- Now, I don't know much about Alpa so I'll ask if I can use the same model
of view finder with wide and tele, or do I have to buy third party view finder.. or are you guys providing with the purchase of Alpa viewfinders different masks etc.?

- Is TC perhaps small to mount the telephoto lens.. and if, whats
the way around it.. meaning how do I set it up on tripod since
the frame is so thin and therefore mild wind can potentially effect the performance regardless of how sharp the lens is.

- Having one Digital Back mounted on the 1st TC.. obviously 2nd TC will be left with exposed lens on the back collecting dust.. To prevent that from happening (while I use my other TC) does Alpa provide their customers
with dedicated back board so i can close it, and if.. I would appreciate
some pictures?

- Along the same road, can you please post the list of
accessories/configuration I need.. and if they are different in regards to different DB Manufacturer Hasselblad/Phase/Leaf 'cause some need extra cables/some need other stuff etc., please make a note of it..

I'm sure there are more questions but at this point if I'm missing something I'll let you fill in..

Thank you