The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eMotion 54LV - ISO 400 (max)

T

thsinar

If there is some misunderstanding, then I'll clear it here:

- Stefan Hess was working in collaboration with Sinar concerning the centerfold effect and has written the code to correct this problem, together with the valuable help of Rainer Viertlböck, an architecture photographer from Germany: both owe a Sinarback eMotion 75 (among others) and without having ever met, have cooperated (Rainer shooting/testing and Stefan by writing the code) to find the solution to this problem: this code has been introduced in the Sinar Captureshop SW in September '06 and now also in eXposure.

- Since Stefan owes an eMotion 75, it is normal that his own tools, the Brumbaer tools (eMotion Reader, eMotion DNG Converter, etc ...) do work and accept files from Sinar, at the begining only eMotion files, then later also Sinar .STI files

- The unique feature in the DNG converter is its amazingly fast and practical workflow for someone shooting architecture, for example. There one needs with EACH shot a specific "White Reference", to compensate the sensor colour fall-off, or the lens fall-off, or the fall-off when shifting/tilting/swinging. The Brumaber Converter has the very unique feature that one can (un-tethered) produce those "white Ref." files for each shot in-camera, and thereafter they are applied AUTOMATICALLY in a batch process, thus saving hours of time.

This feature is not yet a possibility in eXposure, but we are working on it to incorporate something similar.

I hope this clarifies.
Thierry

As was I, in fact, I was told that this was the case by my dealer. I think there's some misinformation being spread around (innocently, I'm sure) which makes these posts particularly valuable.

Last edited:
T

thsinar

OK, that's the Daylight default matrix. You could use another: for daylight shots with sun the "cloudy" does a better work IMO. For the night shot, I would try the tungsten or even create my own matrix.

Thierry

I barely know how to use this, but here are the settings at the moment. (I will try to learn more about this application now.)

carstenw

Graham, according to the documentation for the eMotion 54 LV on Sinar's site, the ISO range is from 50-200. Is that an error, or was there an update?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would have to agree , I don't think there is a back out there except the ZD not rated to at least ISO 400 now.

Graham the 54LV is a 22mpx 9 micron Dalsa , Correct?