The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which sliding back? Arcs Swiss OR Capture Gp.

rollei8is

I have on order for a Arca Swiss M line 2 .

I plan to use it out door with an Aptus DB H mount. I am looking for guidance on selecting a sliding back. The two models are AS Rotaslide and Kapture Gp
sliding back. One is $2000.00 and the other $2400.00.
If some body has experience with them regarding accurate focusing, quality
of product, compactness and quality of focus screen. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Cheers
-
R-

R,

I have used the Kapture Group slider with an M2 for about a year and am perfectly happy with it. Focus is accurate, it's the most compact one I've seen and the groundglass has a slot for Hasselblad viewers.

I do currently have a Roataslide on loan from Arca, however, and like it a lot too. Focus is as good as the KG. It has the advantage of being able to rotate the back without having to remove it and reattach it (a process that is just slightly unnerving on the KG) but it is definitely larger. It's also nice that the Arca goundglass is substantially larger (good for moving the loupe around) and is gridded, where the KG has only a crosshair.

I'd consider it this way... for compactness go with the KG, for convenience in use go with the Arca.

-CB

rollei8is

Hi Chris,

You mentioned that the Rotaslide has a larger screen. Does that make it
easier to compose for stitching images. I mean can you see almost all of the
image from the image circle.

Thanks Chris.

-R-

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The KG screen is about 6x6. The Arca one is 9x12.

-CN
Chris

The ARCA groundglass you use with the ARCA ROTASLIDE adapter is 6x9 , not 9x12 .

I prefer to use the HASSELBLAD groundglas adapter + viewer HM2 or RMfx when shooting with a digital back (you of course then need two V-System adapters , which I have ) and the ARCA groundglass when using the filmback .

Jürgen

Chris

The ARCA groundglass you use with the ARCA ROTASLIDE adapter is 6x9 , not 9x12 .

I prefer to use the HASSELBLAD groundglas adapter + viewer HM2 or RMfx when shooting with a digital back (you of course then need two V-System adapters , which I have ) and the ARCA groundglass when using the filmback .

Jürgen
Yep, my mistake 6x9 not 6x12. Still "seems" much bigger than the KG glass. And though I really like using the 'Blad viewer with the KG back, it's pretty useless with anything wider than a 55.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yep, my mistake 6x9 not 6x12. Still "seems" much bigger than the KG glass. And though I really like using the 'Blad viewer with the KG back, it's pretty useless with anything wider than a 55.
Chris

I use the normal V-System groundglass adapter as well as the SWC groundglass adapter for wider angle lenses .
That SWC adapter also works fine with the RODENSTOCK DIGARON S 28mm
lens . No trouble at all when the aperture is fully open , while focusing .

Jürgen