The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need a "definitive" answer: Sinar eMotion on a 203FE?

David K

Workshop Member
I've just ordered the Hasselblad adapter for my e75 and plan to use it with the Hassy 201F. Will be happy to share the results when it arrives.

David

David K

Workshop Member
My pleasure Marc, that's what we're all here for. Not sure when I will get this but I doubt it will be before leaving for San Juan for the workshop on Monday.

gogopix

Subscriber
Here's trhe explanation of the issue with ambient light. on the Truewide.

may or may not be the same issue.

Victor

".......Please note: The TrueWide is an outstanding camera when used in the studio with electronic flash at all shutter speeds. There is however an issue when shooting with the H and P series on a TrueWide in ambient light. A shutter speed of 1/30 sec. or slower should be used when shooting in ambient light to avoid possible ghosting of the shutter blades in the image. In the studio using electronic flash there are no issues and any shutter speed can be used because the shutter blades are completely open when the flash sync fires.

PSon

Here's trhe explanation of the issue with ambient light. on the Truewide.

may or may not be the same issue.

Victor

".......Please note: The TrueWide is an outstanding camera when used in the studio with electronic flash at all shutter speeds. There is however an issue when shooting with the H and P series on a TrueWide in ambient light. A shutter speed of 1/30 sec. or slower should be used when shooting in ambient light to avoid possible ghosting of the shutter blades in the image. In the studio using electronic flash there are no issues and any shutter speed can be used because the shutter blades are completely open when the flash sync fires.
Dear All,
The TrueWide is not the same as the Hasselblad 200 series camera. The shutter on the TrueWide is a copal shutter which lead to ghosting and other problem when shooting above 1/60 s. The Hasselblad 200 series camear is a cloth type focal plane shutter only allow 1/90 s for flash sync and much faster without flash. I have used the Sinar 54H successfully in the 205 TCC and FCC and never ran into sync problem. The sync cable is very small and can be used with the other medium format systems such as the Contax 645, Mamiya 645, Rollei 6008 and etc.

Best Regards,
-Son

fotografz

Dear All,
The TrueWide is not the same as the Hasselblad 200 series camera. The shutter on the TrueWide is a copal shutter which lead to ghosting and other problem when shooting above 1/60 s. The Hasselblad 200 series camear is a cloth type focal plane shutter only allow 1/90 s for flash sync and much faster without flash. I have used the Sinar 54H successfully in the 205 TCC and FCC and never ran into sync problem. The sync cable is very small and can be used with the other medium format systems such as the Contax 645, Mamiya 645, Rollei 6008 and etc.

Best Regards,
-Son
Son, that's a tethered back, not an eMotion mobile back. Sinar lists the V camera as supported for their tethered backs, but only the 500 series for the eMotion backs.

This is why clarity is required before spending so much on a digital solution specifically for a 203FE.

gogopix

Subscriber
this would seem simple enough to test for someone with the Sinar wakeup cable, if thast is needed

If not, then it all comes down to back wake up, shutter, and sensor readout timing.
for a FP shutter on 200 series, with even a CF lens (in "F" mode), it would seem that the back either works or not!
so, maybe even just putting the back on a 200 and seeing what happens with 1/4, 1/30/ 160,1/125 and maybe 1/250 AMBIENT
then try the flash synch

Marc is right, too many USDs to not know.
I too would be curious.

now, I have the same question for the HB backs and the Phase.

Victor

fotografz

this would seem simple enough to test for someone with the Sinar wakeup cable, if thast is needed

If not, then it all comes down to back wake up, shutter, and sensor readout timing.
for a FP shutter on 200 series, with even a CF lens (in "F" mode), it would seem that the back either works or not!
so, maybe even just putting the back on a 200 and seeing what happens with 1/4, 1/30/ 160,1/125 and maybe 1/250 AMBIENT
then try the flash synch

Marc is right, too many USDs to not know.
I too would be curious.

now, I have the same question for the HB backs and the Phase.

Victor
I know for sure that the only Hasselblad back(s) that works without restrictions on the 200 cameras is the CFV and CVF-II. The e-film back communication has to be disabled in the 200 series cameras before the CFV will work. You also have to select the 200 series in the CFV menu, which tells me there may be something different about the sync timings required compared to the 500 series cameras.

PSon

Son, that's a tethered back, not an eMotion mobile back. Sinar lists the V camera as supported for their tethered backs, but only the 500 series for the eMotion backs.

This is why clarity is required before spending so much on a digital solution specifically for a 203FE.
I agree that more clarity should be given. However, when I was at the show in NY the Sinar representative put my 205 FCC on the eMotion22 and I was able to shoot with it.

David K

Workshop Member
Son,
Glad to hear you've had actual hands on experience where this works. When you get a chance see if you can locate that cable for me. Thanks.