Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The HCAM B1, the worktool for the future!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The HCAM B1, the worktool for the future!

Hello Thomas, untill now i have not tested any nikon TS lens yet, but I did test the Canon 24mm as can be seen above. I am pretty happy with the result, certainly when printed on my epson. The canon 24 is in a total different ballpark then the Nikon 24 ( I always thought after testing the lens when i bought it last year that canon would come out with a Big Sensor camera). The 17mm is a lot less, at least my copy, but there seem to be better 17mm TS lenses on the market. I specially love the use of vintage lenses and only for that purpose already, it is a dreamcam ;-))
    I do hope canon will replace it's aged 45mm TSE very soon, or maybe i just have to order the 40mm Hartblei/Zeiss superrotator.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H3dtogo View Post
    Hello Thomas, untill now i have not tested any nikon TS lens yet, but I did test the Canon 24mm as can be seen above. I am pretty happy with the result, certainly when printed on my epson. The canon 24 is in a total different ballpark then the Nikon 24 ( I always thought after testing the lens when i bought it last year that canon would come out with a Big Sensor camera). The 17mm is a lot less, at least my copy, but there seem to be better 17mm TS lenses on the market. I specially love the use of vintage lenses and only for that purpose already, it is a dreamcam ;-))
    I do hope canon will replace it's aged 45mm TSE very soon, or maybe i just have to order the 40mm Hartblei/Zeiss superrotator.
    So you have a v-mount and a v to canon adapter or do you have a canon mount?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The front mount is Canon, as you need electronic contacts to set the apperture. Canon also accepts nikon mount lenses via an adapter ( ebay or calumet or so). Then i also have a pentaconsix and mamiya to nikon adapter. Works great. Back mount is Hasselblad H as i really love to use multishot backs for art reproduction.
    Last edited by H3dtogo; 29th June 2010 at 02:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thomas

the interesting part with the Superrotators is that actually you can shift and tilt more as with a 35mm camera, on the HCam as there is no mirror and mechanics in the way. The "hole" with the Canon EF mount on front is nearly completely empty, only the electronic contacts of the lens are on the bottom.
    we also have improved this as we found out that the outer 3 of them are empty spare so we cut them off, leaving a total flat part at the bottom and gaining another 5-6 mm of upward shift.
    Depending on the size of your chip, you may use the full 10mm shift downwards, maybe 8 upwards (-2 because of the contacts) and about 5-6 to both sides (all numbers with the 24mm, but the 40mm IF HartbleiZeiss is similar)
    And then you still can flatstitch (Hartblei 40 on tripod mount= parallaxfree even on macro!) and can remove the vignette creating an actually virtual larger image circle with 2x10mm movements to all directions.
    This is also something nobody else can do (exception: you use a viewcamera but this solution will cost you a multiple of 2x or 3x of our costs)

This is also the answer to one question earlier in the thread, yes we have back movements: as soon as you use our Hartblei superrotators with the clamps the camera moves freely acting as a movable back.

see animated gif on our website

http://www.hartblei.de/en/hartbleicam1.htm

regards
    Stefan

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Stefan.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi H3dtogo.
    Are you Dustbak in LL?
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No, but he is a friend of mine.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted more T/S capability and thats why I have just replaced my Rodenstock 35 with the 40HR.
    Still find the Hartblei interesting so maybe you guys find some time to post some more images made with the Hartblei+Canons and post some more experiences with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Thomas

the interesting part with the Superrotators is that actually you can shift and tilt more as with a 35mm camera, on the HCam as there is no mirror and mechanics in the way. The "hole" with the Canon EF mount on front is nearly completely empty, only the electronic contacts of the lens are on the bottom.
    we also have improved this as we found out that the outer 3 of them are empty spare so we cut them off, leaving a total flat part at the bottom and gaining another 5-6 mm of upward shift.
    Depending on the size of your chip, you may use the full 10mm shift downwards, maybe 8 upwards (-2 because of the contacts) and about 5-6 to both sides (all numbers with the 24mm, but the 40mm IF HartbleiZeiss is similar)
    And then you still can flatstitch (Hartblei 40 on tripod mount= parallaxfree even on macro!) and can remove the vignette creating an actually virtual larger image circle with 2x10mm movements to all directions.
    This is also something nobody else can do (exception: you use a viewcamera but this solution will cost you a multiple of 2x or 3x of our costs)

This is also the answer to one question earlier in the thread, yes we have back movements: as soon as you use our Hartblei superrotators with the clamps the camera moves freely acting as a movable back.

see animated gif on our website

http://www.hartblei.de/en/hartbleicam1.htm

regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

I have to look STRONGLY into this. I can imagine this with a 40MP back, add the 14-24 and the Canon 17MM T/S and the Nikon 24T/S and being very happy if it works as you discribe.

Could save me a ton of money using my current lenses and less expensive 35MM top glass.

Thank you very much for the input.

Roman

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The nikon 24mm will probably not have that extreme image circle as the canon has. Also, the nikon and the canon need electronics to set aperture, there are manual set adapters to set apertures but it seems easier to use the canon 24 with it extreme large image circle. Dont know about the 14/24 image circle, peobably not very bigger than the 24/36mm frame. ;-((

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H3dtogo View Post
    The nikon 24mm will probably not have that extreme image circle as the canon has. Also, the nikon and the canon need electronics to set aperture, there are manual set adapters to set apertures but it seems easier to use the canon 24 with it extreme large image circle. Dont know about the 14/24 image circle, peobably not very bigger than the 24/36mm frame. ;-((
    Thanks for the heads up. Will then probably go with the 24 from canon as well. The web site said any Nikon lens without a manual aperture ring.

Of course, would need to truly see and test, but cool options if they do work.

How do the Canon lenses compare to the real MF lenses?

Roman

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"How do the Canon lenses compare to the real MF lenses?

Roman"
    See the image with crops in the start of this thread.... not bad at all and really easy to use, even in multishot/microstep modus.