The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Playing around with the Hy6

gogopix

Subscriber
eMotion 75 LV, Victor.

This number comes from 7'000x5'000 pixels (exactly 6668 x 4992 pixels = 33.3 million pixels).

No harm!

;)

Thierry
Sorry I keep thinking of Son's MS work with the 54H I think. Very impressive.
The eMotion75LV (just need to practice this 65 yo brain! :) is new to me since I also follow Graham and his 54LV?

don't worry, I've called it a Phose, a Phise, and when the back didnt register (the first P45+ I tried) a lot worse than being one off! :ROTFL:

Regards
Victor

David K

Workshop Member
Just in case anybody is interested in the relative size of the 110 f/2 lenses that I mentioned above. Victor, you would like the Rollei version.. it will remind you of your Benz.. :)

gogopix

Subscriber
alright, David, I don't have a second MF, so I decided to put the Contax THE WAY I CARRY IT!
up against.... hmmm a 35mm

the R9/DMR

interesting. in the hand, one doesnt need L brackets, and the battery pack is old news. The new lithiums? I used only three batteries in Contax for 2500 shots..

Victor

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
With all this talk about high ISO and the larger digital backs, are there any seriously fast lenses for these medium format cameras? All I have seen posted here are f2. Any f1.4 lenses?

gogopix

Subscriber
At a 30% increase in size the weight (goes by cube) could be over 2x the weight(closer to 2.5x)
these lenses are already pretty heavy. cost would be prohibitive.
Now I do own a SK 300/2.0 and it weighs 16b lbs!

My experience says the extreme open apertures of the Leicas are frnakly a cusriosity or for amateur snaps. I've never seen what looks like a pro shot in the modern sense. Do they look like C-B shots? yes, from a grain and old film fuzziness POV, but ain't none of us another C-B :D

On the Leicas I usually go up a 1/2 or full stop. (still better than other lenses) and yet with the MF I find wide open they do much better, though I usually go up 1/2 stop anyway.

Victor

fotografz

alright, David, I don't have a second MF, so I decided to put the Contax THE WAY I CARRY IT!
up against.... hmmm a 35mm

the R9/DMR

interesting. in the hand, one doesnt need L brackets, and the battery pack is old news. The new lithiums? I used only three batteries in Contax for 2500 shots..

Victor
Yep, size comparisons are fun. ;)

This one with a fully integrated MF camera AND a 90 degree prism finder (waist level finder available) ... it delivers almost twice the megs of the reigning King of high rez 35mm digital, does it with a much larger sensor area, while remaining smaller in size. Very easy travel and field camera.

Note the large focus assist on the Hassey, and where the stop down and mirror up buttons are located in the grip indent, and other key controls on the top just behind the shutter button, where you can activate them without taking your eye from the finder (where all the info is displayed when you press the buttons.) The whole grip is the Lithium battery, and lasts for entire jobs.

For extensive extended shooting in the field there is the small but powerful Firewire 800 "pocket rocket" Image Bank-II ... it powers the back with easily found Sony Lithium video batteries (same as powers the CFV and CF backs), and allows up to 1000 images to be captured as fast as you can shoot... all while performing selection architecture to segregate files against corruption, plus allows you to divide job jackets scene-to-scene. The H system optionally also allows GPS data to be captured with each shot.

When the back is mounted to a view camera, the software not only provides Live View and magnification, it has the option of a sonar like audio feed back to zero in optimal critical focus. I've used this, and it works like a charm.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
But it makes the point; except for the SMALL matter of cost, MF in general seems more 'handy' than a 35 mm (except M8 :D

yup the hassey in these shots looks real cute, and pretty 'handy'

nice PS work reducing the HB size by 50% marc!

:ROTFL:

fotografz

Irakly,
In its own way, Marc's stuff is just as titillating as some of your great posts :D:thumbs:

Gotta love it....

LJ
Hell, you should see some of Irakly's product photography ... delicious ;)

BTW, those size comparison shots were done with the Nikon D3 and 24-70 zoom ... so much for internet uploads ... lighting is where it's at :lecture:

gogopix

Subscriber
Hell, you should see some of Irakly's product photography ... delicious ;)

BTW, those size comparison shots were done with the Nikon D3 and 24-70 zoom ... so much for internet uploads ... lighting is where it's at :lecture:
wondered. In the second shot it almost looked like two paper cutouts laid on top.
Glad I didnt pursue the D3.

They looked so flat, It's why I thjought you actually reduced the HB in #1

you didnt did you?

BTW, in the 2nd shot, why does the HB have a reflection and the R9 doesn't?

fotografz

wondered. In the second shot it almost looked like two paper cutouts laid on top.
Glad I didnt pursue the D3.

They looked so flat, It's why I thjought you actually reduced the HB in #1

you didnt did you?

BTW, in the 2nd shot, why does the HB have a reflection and the R9 doesn't?
Funny, you didn't wonder until I told you ... :ROTFL:

I retouched the reflection just to screw with you Victor. And yes, I reduced the Hasselblad in all the shots . It's actually 6X as big as a Contax 645, and I need a hand cart to carry it around :rolleyes:

gogopix

Subscriber
hmmm, if I remember correctly, it's vampires that have no reflections....

anyway, remember I'm the one that caught the lighting in the wedding forest scene :)

[I think it may be simple geometry, the R9 lens is higher and the back of the R9 SEEMS to have a slight shadow.)

Ah well, one person says I have all I need; another tempts me with a $60k opportunity to spend;
decisions
decisions.

irakly

Funny, you didn't wonder until I told you ... :ROTFL:

I retouched the reflection just to screw with you Victor. And yes, I reduced the Hasselblad in all the shots . It's actually 6X as big as a Contax 645, and I need a hand cart to carry it around :rolleyes:
you are lying through your teeth marc! i've seen your hasselblad, and it is about two times smaller than contax 645. you intentionally enlarged it on all pictures to demean flabbergasting grandeur of canon industrial design.

gogopix

Subscriber
Darn

and I was feeding my Contax 'enlargement pills' to make it as long and thick as a Hasselblad.

Just shows to go ya!

:D