The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Equal Time - Leaf Aptus 75S

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Shutterblade has an Aptus 75S for Mamiya on Ebay right now. Would be a fantastic deal if it sold at the opening price. This will get Jack and Guy going :bugeyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leaf-Mamiya-Aptus-75S-Digital-Camera-Back-645-AFD-75-S_W0QQitemZ350058522071QQihZ022QQcategoryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Gee thanks for pointing it out to the whole world... No deal going to be had there for me now :ROTFL:

(I actually phoned them up and asked for a buy it now so I could maybe get it in Puerto Rico. Nothing doing they said, no BIN and no ending the auction early. Smart actually...)

Steve Hendrix

There are no ventilation holes on the Sinar eMotion series either, in case this is important to anyone.
Neither are there in the H3DII series.

Not that fans in digital backs are problematic. I have not had a single customer have a fan issue going back 5 years. They are well sealed off from any ventilation and provide a nice balance of cooling and "always ready".

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php

D

DougDolde

I'd use Snipeswipe.com. I bet there won't be very many bidders on an item priced this high.

Steve Hendrix

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'd use Snipeswipe.com. I bet there won't be very many bidders on an item priced this high.
I was more just joking with you Doug, though I did call to see if there was a buy it now price... I would rather buy a high ticket item like that from a dealer I can work directly with like Steve ;). And after all, there will be upgrades (and probably blood!) :ROTFL:

JimCollum

Here's one more from Joshua Tree with the 35mm Distagon. I have been so darn busy working that I haven't had much time to shoot with it yet. That's going to change as I'm taking a sabbatical in another week.

the back seems to hold the high contrast well. which profile do you typically use?

you get any more lenses for the Horseman yet?

D

DougDolde

Jim, I don't have a Horseman at all yet. That was the Contax 35mm Distagon. I think I am using Portrait 4 or 5 for the most part but still do some post on them in PSCS3 after running them thru LC11.1. I really do like LC11.1 though and get better results than with just ACR.

D

DougDolde

Jack, That particular 75S doesn't seem to have any factory warranty left so that is a factor with the starting price. You can buy extra warranty from Leaf for I think $2700 per year though you have to send it in for an inspection first.

I even had to send mine in to Leaf America for inspection to just get the warranty transferred (good thru 7/10/09). They run a few tests to be sure it's up to factory specs. I basically got about $3K worth of warranty for my $19K on the 75S. They only charge $90 for the inspection but FEDEX insured both ways runs that up significantly.

T

thsinar

hi Victor,

The Dalsa sensor's "pulse-flush" design allows an instantaneous reset of the whole CCD and does not make it necessary to keep them in a sleep mode to avoid building-up of heat due to heating.

Beside this, the Dalsa sensors do use considerably less power than the Kodak sensors.

Sinar does not use a fan, but has a built-in "intelligent" power management which switches off the sensor as soon as the image is taken (no power on it).

Thierry

Likely my mistake. The Kapture Gp have a Sinar cable and I thouight need was similar to Phase.

BTW as I understand the Phase backs shut down to keep cool, not so much for power, and the wakeup is needed

The APtus I believe has a fan for cooling. Does the Sinar as well?

regards
Victor

T

thsinar

Dear Lance,

with all due respect for these "extreme" conditions possible with Phase One backs, the real reason why a Kodak sensor has to be put in the "keep-clean" mode, is to avoid noise building up. This is quite different than a Dalsa sensor which can be kept in a so-called "pulse-flush" state (see below).

Best regards,
Thierry

By using the sleeping architecture it allows PhaseOne to build a back that can withstand extreme conditions a
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta

Mitchell

"I really do like LC11.1 though and get better results than with just ACR."

What's "LC11.1" please?

Great images and thread.

Thanks,

Mitchell

JimCollum

Yes, not quite as sharp as a schneider or Rodenstock would be. But then they are slower lenses
yea, but sharp isn't effective in these images.. the contrast of this lens is what works.

reality is seldom 'sharp' :) (especially at our age)

JimCollum

is this the IF version of the lens?
no.. it's the FLE. From what i've seen, the IF is sharper, but the FLE has the smoothness. (.. and it's also cheaper :)

Would be interesting to do a comparison sometime of the two and different apertures.