Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lloyd Chambers S2 Review

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Lloyd Chambers S2 Review

I too like the quick look at a histogram..

With the very large price tag and the large red dot that resembles a target, Leica is going to get a lot of nit-picking, a lot of adoring fan worship and some legitimate criticism to help make it a better tool. There are so many styles of shooting and end uses of the photographic image these days with cameras at the top of the heap needing to be specialized not generalized..I have asserted from the beginning that the s2 is great for the few..and was it's intention. After reading all the above I still think it would be a great camera to make images with. I could only wish that this paragraph would be followed with "sponsored by LEICA". I can't not pull the trigger on it due to economics not aesthetics. If I had a couple more jobs a month it would be a no brainer.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"I can't not pull the trigger on it due to economics not aesthetics. If I had a couple more jobs a month it would be a no brainer."

EXACTLY!

Two years ago, this would already be in my gear vault along with the Hasselblad Multi-Shot studio kit with T/S adapter ... and the 35mm DSLR would be down to a camera and two zooms, if even that.

-Marc

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I almost did but too many missing links at the time and actually still feel that way. I have some fundamental issues with it that bug me. Besides certainly a bad climate to spend this kind of cash with no upgrade type paths like Hassy and Phase have installed. I live for those upgrades and there are some screamers going on.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

personally the upgrade path is not that worrisome to me.. there will more lenses and another body coming down the pike..and in a time frame that fits my "one system every 5 years preference". I have been using 4/3 camera for a portion of what I do, amazing what that little thing can produce, I no longer seek a 50+ image for the remainder.