The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S2 >base iso

tjv

I've had an S2 on loan today and must say, especially considering the resolution, I've found noise to be acceptable up to 640 ISO, but only if exposure is on the money and noise reduction is used carefully. 320ISO, if you're looking at 100% on screen, is okay. Noise is there, especially in flat shadow areas, but it's easily handled. All of my shots have pretty much been in worst case situations under mixed or solely tungesten light. These are the conditions I'm most interested in comparing it's performance to film. This type of equipment really deserves weeks to test properly and I can only afford two days between other commitments, but at the moment I'm impressed. More later.