Site Sponsors

Thread: Will the larger Canon Batts work in P-45+?

Post Thanks / Like

Will the larger Canon Batts work in P-45+?

Can you use the larger Canon camcorder batteries in Phase One P-45+ backs? My local camera store no longer stocks the older BP-911 batteries and only has the newer, and much larger, BP-950 batteries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Will the larger Canon Batts work in P-45+?

Tim, only the thinner BP-911 will fit the PhaseOne backs. If you need a lot of portable power, you can mount two of the larger type batteries (and there are several varieties) on the Canon CH-910 Dual Battery Charger & Holder which then can be connected to the back via a dummy battery connector. I am not sure if this is PhaseOne sanctioned, however.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by engel001 View Post
    Tim, only the thinner BP-911 will fit the PhaseOne backs. If you need a lot of portable power, you can mount two of the larger type batteries (and there are several varieties) on the Canon CH-910 Dual Battery Charger & Holder which then can be connected to the back via a dummy battery connector. I am not sure if this is PhaseOne sanctioned, however.
    +1 only the thinner

the phase one sanctioned/tested battery and battery charger can be purchased through our online store here:
    http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/buy/

The charger has an LCD readout for it's charge level (including indication of charge without the charger being plugged in), a car charger adapter, folds together for protection during travel, and is generally awesome.

If you run into problems check to make sure the adapter plate has not slipped slightly off the main charger (easy to do when pulling it out of a bag without looking).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
    Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
    RSS Feed: Subscribe
    Buy Capture One at 10% off
    Personal Work

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys! Going into the iceland backcountry for a while and won't have much power to recharge so I was trying to find some larger batts to use. I was at the dealer today and saw where the big Canon battery won't fit. I've got four of the phase batteries but they don't last too long. I guess I'll just pick up a few more of them and shoot like I used to with 4/5 (or look into the holder - that sounds interesting)...

Post Thanks / Like

Take a solar charger, four batteries on the P45 won't last much more than a few days.

http://www.modernoutpost.com/gear/de...rfilm_R-14.php

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ed. I ended up buying several of the cheap batteries for $20 each and they worked great and lasted just fine...