The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 205FCC + Sinar eMotion

Arjuna

It looks like a sync cable from the back to the lens, i.e. shooting in C mode, using the lens shutter.

fotografz

It looks like a sync cable from the back to the lens, i.e. shooting in C mode, using the lens shutter.
Exactly. Any back will do that. It's simple sync mode. Reduces the 200 series to be the same as a 500 series camera.

Sorry, still does not demonstrate an untethered back working on a 200 series camera as a focal plane shutter camera with FE lenses.

PSon

1. The lens is the 200 series lens with double blue strips

2. The cable is link to the body and not to the lens.

3. The mode was not set to C but to shutter speed above the C

Observe again!

Arjuna

My apologies; part of the tripod head looked like the cable connection to the lens, but it does look like the cable is connected to the camera's flash socket (the digital back section is very brief): does that mean it only works at flash sync speed (1/90 s.) or slower?

PSon

My apologies; part of the tripod head looked like the cable connection to the lens, but it does look like the cable is connected to the camera's flash socket (the digital back section is very brief): does that mean it only works at flash sync speed (1/90 s.) or slower?
Arjuna,
Your question is a good one and this is the part where further clarification is needed. I tried my 205 FCC on the eMotion back a few years ago but cannot remember the speed I was using. My impression at the time was that it can sync to higher than 1/90s but I am not absolute. However, this issue will soon be answered once David gets his adapter.

-Son

fotografz

1. The lens is the 200 series lens with double blue strips

2. The cable is link to the body and not to the lens.

3. The mode was not set to C but to shutter speed above the C

Observe again!
Right you are Son ... good eye! I did frame grabs and lightened the images. What appears to be a cord hanging from the lens is actually a chair leg in the background.

So, we wait for David's report with fingers crossed.

PSon

Right you are Son ... good eye! I did frame grabs and lightened the images. What appears to be a cord hanging from the lens is actually a chair leg in the background.

So, we wait for David's report with fingers crossed.
Marc,
I am like you love the Hasselblad 200 series system and so far only Sinar back is willing to give me the extra option to use on the 200 series body even if the outcome is only 1/90s max shutter speed which I hope not from what I remember. The Sinar back will also allow other camera systems to be mounted on so the flexibility is what I like. Today I am still using the Hasselblad CFV 16 meg DB for both the 500 and 200 series without any cable sync requirement.

Regards,
Son

fotografz

Marc,
I am like you love the Hasselblad 200 series system and so far only Sinar back is willing to give me the extra option to use on the 200 series body even if the outcome is only 1/90s max shutter speed which I hope not from what I remember. The Sinar back will also allow other camera systems to be mounted on so the flexibility is what I like. Today I am still using the Hasselblad CFV 16 meg DB for both the 500 and 200 series without any cable sync requirement.

Regards,
Son
You know Son, despite all the goings on about all these other big dollar digital back$, you just cannot discount the CFV. Darned thing is just fantastic ... the images are stellar, and the whole experience is just plain fun. While everyone is yaking about this back and that back, with wallets growing thinner and thinner, guys like John and his CFV are at the naval yard making eye popping photographs ... :LOL:

irakly

You know Son, despite all the goings on about all these other big dollar digital back$, you just cannot discount the CFV. Darned thing is just fantastic ... the images are stellar, and the whole experience is just plain fun. While everyone is yaking about this back and that back, with wallets growing thinner and thinner, guys like John and his CFV are at the naval yard making eye popping photographs ... :LOL:
yes, makes me almost regret selling my 2000FCM eight years ago :))))

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks to what info marc has made available and son's timely deal, I have been having fun with that hassey set, always did like the sq format. took some shots in a very dark spot...needed about 1sec at f2 and iso 100. couldn't remember how to get the shutter into b and stop down... also found out how a 110 keeps you back. anyone know a good wide?

gogopix

Subscriber
thanks to what info marc has made available and son's timely deal, I have been having fun with that hassey set, always did like the sq format. took some shots in a very dark spot...needed about 1sec at f2 and iso 100. couldn't remember how to get the shutter into b and stop down... also found out how a 110 keeps you back. anyone know a good wide?
Yes, the 45/2.8 Contax!

or the 40mm HB

woodyspedden

Marc,

Regards,
Son
Me too Son

Woody

fotografz

On the 200 camera the speedy 50/2.8 is excellent ... but for the widest and bestists with the CFV, the 40mm f/4 CFE IF is the last word in wide angle excellence. Just set the aperture ring to the F mark and use it on the 200 camera.

OR there is the incomparible SWC with it's 38mm ... which the CFV also works on (that's what that metal L bracket battery holder that came with the CFV is for.)

fotografz

That one is fine. It is the CFE version which is the one I use. The best IQ is the IF version which costs an additional arm ... over and above the arm-and-leg that the CFE one costs :eek:

Using a CFV, I'm not sure how much you gain since the image area is cropped 1.5X on a 200 and 500 camera.

I think Woody has the 40 IF version, so maybe he could better enlighten us.

I want to get the 40 IF because I also use V lenses on my full frame 645 H3D-II/39, and edge sharpness does count there more than with the CFV.

If you go for a CFE, contact me and I'll sell you my mint one ... then hunt down a IF version for myself. :angel:

fotografz