The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645D - delay in my testing!

Ed Hurst

Hello all,

I know from the number of messages I have received that people are eagerly awaiting a test of this camera, which I have had in my hands for a couple of weeks now. I am very keen to test it too!

I just want to let you know that I have had a couple of logistical issues that are holding up my testing. Firstly I have shipped over my Mac Pro to Australia (where I am right now) from the UK; it got held up in transit; now it's arrived, but is damaged (eek!) so I am having to get it sorted out before I can process or post any files properly. Secondly, it has become very clear to me (from my initial shots) that any sensible test will need a proper tripod (thanks to everyone for their advice to the question of which tripod to get). That is going to be a significant investment on my part - which is going to take a few weeks for cashflow reasons.

So basically the test is coming - but it's probably going to be a few weeks yet. Sorry!

Best wishes,

Ed

Ed Hurst

No, I am not sure. I am not sure that anything I experience is real, or that I am not, in fact, a sixty foot aardvark smeared in marmalade with a penchant for banjo-playing frogs who use sequin-covered ear trumpets. Sadly, subjective experience is fallible. All I know (speaking as a fan of Descartes) is that I exist. However, if we agree to lower our burend of proof to encompass clear, personal experience and the evidence of my senses/memory, then yes, I am sure.

:ROTFL:

Any information when you get your mac back?:eek:
I know, I'm sorry...but it's just such an eagerly awaited picture(for me). There are now a few 645D out there, but not a single DNG...everyone(who shows images) seems to shoot in JPEG:eek::wtf: