The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P25 and P45 available in Rollei 6008 mount

EH21

Thanks for the info. I guess that answers my question about what to upgrade to when I am ready. Graham do you know if the Hy6 has the same back mount as the 6008? If so then these should fit too?

Graham Mitchell

The Hy6 definitely has a new mount.

By the way, the Sinar backs also fit on the 6008 via an adapter. And maybe even some Hasselbald backs too.

If you get a back which uses an adapter (i.e. Sinar, not Phase) then if you want to replace the 6008 with a Hy6 some day you can just get a new adapter and use the back on both cameras.

P

pss

i don't think the backs can rotate...not even by taking off/re-attach....rollei built a couple of those after the P20 combo (with the P25) and i spoke with an engeneer who told me that the back would only mount horizontal...maybe these are different? but i would make sure about this....

Stuart Richardson

Have you contacted Rollei Metric to see if they are actually available? I am a little skeptical to be honest. If they are available, why don't any dealers seem to know about it? My guess is that they put out the pdf when the dp20p was being made and just put the other range of backs on the list assuming that they would also work or be made available eventually if the dp20p sold well enough. Don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic if you could get them in Rollei mount, I just think that an undated pdf alone is not enough to assume that you can actually get the backs in Rollei mount.

Graham Mitchell

Have you contacted Rollei Metric to see if they are actually available?
No but someone else contacted me offline saying that they had been in communication with Rollei Metric and they were given prices for all the backs.

I still don't know whether the backs can be rotated.

Anyway, just thought this was a curious 'secret'.

EH21

I wonder if they would allow me to upgrade my P20 to a P25? I use the 45deg prism which rotates so I'm not sure its that big a deal if the back doesn't rotate, for me at least.

fotografz

Wonder if the P45+ is also available?

My friend has a vast collection of Rollei glass and was not all that impressed by the Hy6 at that price point ... so this is a good piece of info for him ... I'll pass it on to him.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Guys,
This system is distributed here in the states by a totally different organization than Phase One US. Last I heard there was one rep here in the states that is marketing the whole aerial mapping solution(server, software and camera). It is not sold through the regular channel. I believe it was last year at Photokina when Phase One invested in the Rollemetric company.
So theoretically they are available, but at a PREMIUM price because it is a "solution".
I will try to dig up the reps name and call him to get the scoop.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-534-5701 office
305-394-3196 cell
www.captureintegration.com
[email protected]

EH21

Guys,
This system is distributed here in the states by a totally different organization than Phase One US. Last I heard there was one rep here in the states that is marketing the whole aerial mapping solution(server, software and camera). It is not sold through the regular channel. I believe it was last year at Photokina when Phase One invested in the Rollemetric company.
So theoretically they are available, but at a PREMIUM price because it is a "solution".
I will try to dig up the reps name and call him to get the scoop.

Lance Schad
305-534-5701 office
305-394-3196 cell
www.captureintegration.com
[email protected]
Since I already have a p20 in the rollei mount, I'm just wondering how hard it could be to swap out the p20 part for a p25+ or p45+ for example since the mount is there and the contacts are there? Seems like this could be done without fuss?

irakly

Since I already have a p20 in the rollei mount, I'm just wondering how hard it could be to swap out the p20 part for a p25+ or p45+ for example since the mount is there and the contacts are there? Seems like this could be done without fuss?
it may be harder than you think... even not all 6008af bodies are compatible with p20. one of my students had a camera that would misfire every other exposure producing a monochrome magenta file and beeping like it was pinched in a butt. the body worked with a film back just fine. a dealer replaced the body, and everything went just fine after that. hat's interesting, i tried it with my 6008i and 6008af bodies, and both did the same thing.

EH21

Yes, I have read that there is a small change to the 6008AF that was made to accommodate the digital backs - something like an added resistor to keep the camera awake. Apparently the newer cameras - made after a certain date (2002?) have this already and will work without mods. I bought my 6008 AF and db20p back separately and was worried that it would give me that problem but I didn't have it. If I am shooting and then take a break for like 10 mins, I need to wake up the camera and then the back and everything is fine.

Eric

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We just got word that we can get Rollei 6008 users any model of the Phase + backs in the 6008 mount for an additional $2990 dollars.This has to be specified at the time of order and is on new units only.
These units have been offered by Rolleimetric in Germany for sometime.
Estimated turnaround time is 3 to 4 weeks.
So if you have interest please pm or email.

Lance

Lance Schad
Phase One Dealer of the Year
305-534-5701 office
305-394-3196 cell
877-217-9870
Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer
[email protected]

Last edited: