The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.5.2 is out

rmueller

Hi,

Hasselblad Phocus 2.5.2 is out for both Mac OSX and Windows, see

From the release notes:

- Support for the H4D-60.
- Auto crop H4D-60 HCD images, setting via preference menu allowing you to decide whether H4D-60 images captured with an HCD lens should be auto cropped. Auto crop is enabled per default.
- Fix of potential crash during multi-shot capture.
- Fix of multi-shot issue that could lead to image artifacts.
- Fix of issue leading to incorrect histograms for cropped images.
- Fix of incorrect "Capture failed" error when disconnecting camera after making burst captures.
- Fix of potential crash situation during tethered burst capture.

Best Regards,
Ralf

Last edited by a moderator:

xpixel

Still not able to export 16bit tiff files from Leica S2 DNG... (always a black screen in the file) :-( And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Still not able to export 16bit tiff files from Leica S2 DNG... (always a black screen in the file) :-( And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!
That is what I noticed as well . You download PHOCUS 2.5.2 but in fact the application is 2.5.1 .
Using MAC OSX 10.6.4

Jürgen

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, not sure what Mac you have but it clearly says 2.5.2 on mine :D

BTW - could not care less if Leica S2 DNG works with Phocus - just use your wonderful LR3 and you are happy ;)

rmueller

That is what I noticed as well . You download PHOCUS 2.5.2 but in fact the application is 2.5.1 .
Using MAC OSX 10.6.4

Jürgen
Hi Jürgen,

It shows 2.5.2 on my Mac, follow the steps below and it will work for you
as well:
1. Download Phocus 2.5.2
2. Remove the old Phocus from the Applications folder AND the Dock
3. Drag & Drop Phocus 2.5.2 from the DMG to the Applications folder
4. (Optional) Drag and Drop Phocus from the Applications folder to the Dock.

Best Regards,
Ralf

6x7

same problem here... shows 2.5.1. downloaded 2.5.2 for the second time now and deleted every phocus trace before reinstalling it.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
same problem here... shows 2.5.1. downloaded 2.5.2 for the second time now and deleted every phocus trace before reinstalling it.
As per RALFs description , I have deleted PHOCUS 2.5.0 and downloaded and installed 2.5.2 (as I already did before) .
The dmg is PHOCUS 2.5.2 but when I look at PHOCUS in the application folder it shows 2.5.1
Downloaded from the Germany HASSELBLAD site as well as from the US site Same result .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Downloaded PHOCUS 2.5.2 on MAC BOOK PRO and also on MAC PRO3
both running at OSX10.6.4 .
What I receive (for both MACs) is PHOCUS 2.5.2 dmg , but when installed as per given procedure , I have PHOCUS 2.5.1 in the application folder .

When opening the dmg and clicking on the PHOCUS symbol + cmd+I key , the downloaded PHOCUS has Version 2.5.1 . No doubt about this .

Jürgen

Professional

Phocus 2.5.2 here, just downloaded the new version and overwrite the old one [i use my Mac Book Pro with Phocus 2.5 even not 2.5.1], so no problem here, will check today with my Mac desktop which has 2.5.1 for my new H4D-60.

P. Chong

PC version also says 2.5.2. Seems better...faster and edits stick. Also the export to layers psd now works.

6x7

nothing changed...
2 downloads from the US site...
2 downloads from the German site...
still the same, really don't get it....

peter

Professional

nothing changed...
2 downloads from the US site...
2 downloads from the German site...
still the same, really don't get it....

peter
Again, which OS do you have? How did you install it? Can you remove the older version completely and try to install the new again? Maybe you install for the older version not the newer one [i mean if by mistake you choose the file of the old version but i doubt you really can't identify the new file from the old one].

Professional

latest mac OS.
did every install as a clean install including removement of the previous installation.
and the weird thing is that even this 2.5.1 still does render the H4D60 files with that shadow noise problem. lucky me I don't have one :)
I see, yes weird, i hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible.
Lucky you don't have what?

I don't have the latest version of Mac OS [i have 10.6.3], and it works flawlessly, not sure where is your problem is really, can you try to update your Mac OS if there is any updates needed, and restart again, reinstall, restart, install the new one, restart, open Phocus and see what will happen.
Use iClean software to remove any software, that may help you i hope.

xpixel

I have Mac OSX 10.6.4 installed and when you download the version from the Hasselblad website you will get version 2.5.1 inside the .dmg file even the .dmg is labeled 2.5.2...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have Mac OSX 10.6.4 installed and when you download the version from the Hasselblad website you will get version 2.5.1 inside the .dmg file even the .dmg is labeled 2.5.2...

That is exactly what I see as well .
Jürgen

Professional

So how can i be sure that i have Phocus 2.5.2 even it is written if you are saying that 2.5.1 is on that downloaded file from the website?