The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.5.2 is out

rem

Im also thinking very positive, but why can a softwaredeveloper the version not correct "labeling"? In the history they have a 2.5.0, 2.5.1 and now 2.5.2. On my 2 systems is still 2.5.1 (german). In english it is 2.5.2. I can live with that, but...
What me makes mor grrrrr... when I check Hassyfiles in Phocus, the software quite about all 5-10Min (Phocus hat unerwartet beendet..). Then how you now you have to start again, looking for the right files etc. With a client thats so eklig... (Nearly new Powermac 8core, 12giga ram, 10.6.4). rem
A nice weekend to all from Sitzerland!;-)

Dustbak

You probably have a NVidea graphics card in your MacPro? This crash occurs when browsing through files, selecting, rating, etc?

There is a known bug in MacOS 10.6.4 with NVidea drivers. This is also documented on the Adobe forum since it also causes problems with CS5.

I have replaced my NVidea GT120 with an ATI 4890 again to resolve this issue for the moment on my MacPro. The MBP still suffers from it.

jecxz

why can a softwaredeveloper the version not correct "labeling"? In the history they have a 2.5.0, 2.5.1 and now 2.5.2. On my 2 systems is still 2.5.1 (german).
It's an honest mistake, not one intended to deceive you. Programmers generally worry less about labels and more about how their programs operate through complex code. Many programmers prioritize issues and unfortunately the importance of a label is below the importance of say how a button or slider operates and the code behind it. Sure, everything in a program is important, but I think enough has been said on this.

I've been silent about my experiences with Hasselblad because it matches Jeff's, Ray's and Marc's. I've been working with Hasselblad directly (bypassing the dealer network) since 2005 and they have been very responsive to me, even while out in the field. Without revealing any more, I'll just say that I owe Hasselblad a big thank you for taking care of me.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com

rem

Yes Dustbak, I have the GT 120. So you think the 4890 is the way to go? How noisy is the 4890? Or are ther allready newer ones? Thanks!
OK, Derek, I will try to see it from this side!;-)

Dustbak

The ATI4890 is definitely not the way to go since you have to either flash one yourself or get it done for you to be able to use it on your Mac. I am a longtime tweaker and regret having gone this route. I find the hassle every update not worth the extra performance.

The ATI4870 is a little bit less powerful but available in Mac Edition and supported in MacOS. This is the way to go if you want it right now.

The ATI4890 in my machine is just a tad louder than the GT120 which I find extremely quiet.

With the new MacPros there will be support for the ATI5870 & the ATI5770. If you can wait that long (somewhere in August) you probably can have one of those in your machine.

OTOH. The bug in MacOS is so blatantly known by now and it affects many Photoshop users, my guess is that it will be fixed in the same update that adds support for the ATI5870 & ATI5770.

I just happen to have both cards around. I took out the 4890 when 10.6.4 came out and I could not get the card to work properly (I am not that willing anymore to spend lots of time on stupid things like graphic cards). When Photoshop started to freeze my machine & Phocus started to crash with the GT120 I put the 4890 back in and spend some time getting it to run properly again.

rem

Thanks for your help Dustbak! So then I will wait until my holidays end august are over and then checkout whats going on. Thanks! rem

Euhh... in defense of the people at Hasselblad. The release is 1 day ago. Even the people in Denmark tend to go on holiday, take a day off or have some sleep sometimes which adds to the possibility that posts on fora can be missed.

Has anyone already mentioned this in a bug report to Hasselblad?
Yep occasionally we go on holiday! As I was last week.

Anyway, I have now reported the bug.

David

Leigh

And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!
My Mac copy says 2.5.2. Running Snow Leopard (10.6.4) on a MacBook Pro.

Perhaps you downloaded an early version with a typo.

I did have a problem with the 2.5 version crashing, but not with 2.5.2.

- Leigh

Last edited:

Hell

Just edit in the Phocus/Contents/Resources/de.lproj the file InfoPlist.strings with TextEdit to the correct version 2.5.2, save it and enjoy!
Matter of minute