Site Sponsors

Thread: Phocus 2.5.2 is out

Post Thanks / Like

Phocus 2.5.2 is out

Hi,

Hasselblad Phocus 2.5.2 is out for both Mac OSX and Windows, see

From the release notes:

- Support for the H4D-60.
    - Auto crop H4D-60 HCD images, setting via preference menu allowing you to decide whether H4D-60 images captured with an HCD lens should be auto cropped. Auto crop is enabled per default.
    - Fix of potential crash during multi-shot capture.
    - Fix of multi-shot issue that could lead to image artifacts.
    - Fix of issue leading to incorrect histograms for cropped images.
    - Fix of incorrect "Capture failed" error when disconnecting camera after making burst captures.
    - Fix of potential crash situation during tethered burst capture.

Best Regards,
    Ralf
    Last edited by Bob; 16th June 2016 at 06:32.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phocus 2.5.2 is out

Still not able to export 16bit tiff files from Leica S2 DNG... (always a black screen in the file) :-( And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by xpixel View Post
    Still not able to export 16bit tiff files from Leica S2 DNG... (always a black screen in the file) :-( And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!
    That is what I noticed as well . You download PHOCUS 2.5.2 but in fact the application is 2.5.1 .
    Using MAC OSX 10.6.4

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like

That is not what my Mac says. 'Edit' Lets make that image somewhat smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, not sure what Mac you have but it clearly says 2.5.2 on mine

BTW - could not care less if Leica S2 DNG works with Phocus - just use your wonderful LR3 and you are happy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    That is what I noticed as well . You download PHOCUS 2.5.2 but in fact the application is 2.5.1 .
    Using MAC OSX 10.6.4

Jürgen
    Hi Jürgen,

It shows 2.5.2 on my Mac, follow the steps below and it will work for you
    as well:
    1. Download Phocus 2.5.2
    2. Remove the old Phocus from the Applications folder AND the Dock
    3. Drag & Drop Phocus 2.5.2 from the DMG to the Applications folder
    4. (Optional) Drag and Drop Phocus from the Applications folder to the Dock.

Best Regards,
    Ralf

Post Thanks / Like

same problem here... shows 2.5.1. downloaded 2.5.2 for the second time now and deleted every phocus trace before reinstalling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 6x7 View Post
    same problem here... shows 2.5.1. downloaded 2.5.2 for the second time now and deleted every phocus trace before reinstalling it.
    As per RALFs description , I have deleted PHOCUS 2.5.0 and downloaded and installed 2.5.2 (as I already did before) .
    The dmg is PHOCUS 2.5.2 but when I look at PHOCUS in the application folder it shows 2.5.1
    Downloaded from the Germany HASSELBLAD site as well as from the US site Same result .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Downloaded PHOCUS 2.5.2 on MAC BOOK PRO and also on MAC PRO3
    both running at OSX10.6.4 .
    What I receive (for both MACs) is PHOCUS 2.5.2 dmg , but when installed as per given procedure , I have PHOCUS 2.5.1 in the application folder .

When opening the dmg and clicking on the PHOCUS symbol + cmd+I key , the downloaded PHOCUS has Version 2.5.1 . No doubt about this .

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    When opening the dmg and clicking on the PHOCUS symbol + cmd+I key , the downloaded PHOCUS has Version 2.5.1 . No doubt about this .

Same here...

Post Thanks / Like

That is weird. AFAIK, 2.5.1 isn't even officially released and never got beyond the beta phase. You guys should definitely see to it that you really have 2.5.2.

I don't get it. I have just downloaded 2.5.2 from the US site, link

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service...downloads.aspx

I installed it on my laptop, even without removing the old version, again I get 2.5.2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phocus 2.5.2 here, just downloaded the new version and overwrite the old one [i use my Mac Book Pro with Phocus 2.5 even not 2.5.1], so no problem here, will check today with my Mac desktop which has 2.5.1 for my new H4D-60.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

PC version also says 2.5.2. Seems better...faster and edits stick. Also the export to layers psd now works.

Post Thanks / Like

nothing changed...
    2 downloads from the US site...
    2 downloads from the German site...
    still the same, really don't get it....

peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

nothing changed...
    2 downloads from the US site...
    2 downloads from the German site...
    still the same, really don't get it....

peter
    Again, which OS do you have? How did you install it? Can you remove the older version completely and try to install the new again? Maybe you install for the older version not the newer one [i mean if by mistake you choose the file of the old version but i doubt you really can't identify the new file from the old one].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

latest OSX. everything removed properly before installing..
    Last edited by 6x7; 4th August 2010 at 04:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

latest mac OS.
    did every install as a clean install including removement of the previous installation.
    and the weird thing is that even this 2.5.1 still does render the H4D60 files with that shadow noise problem. lucky me I don't have one :-)
    I see, yes weird, i hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible.
    Lucky you don't have what?

I don't have the latest version of Mac OS [i have 10.6.3], and it works flawlessly, not sure where is your problem is really, can you try to update your Mac OS if there is any updates needed, and restart again, reinstall, restart, install the new one, restart, open Phocus and see what will happen.
    Use iClean software to remove any software, that may help you i hope.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

I have Mac OSX 10.6.4 installed and when you download the version from the Hasselblad website you will get version 2.5.1 inside the .dmg file even the .dmg is labeled 2.5.2...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have Mac OSX 10.6.4 installed and when you download the version from the Hasselblad website you will get version 2.5.1 inside the .dmg file even the .dmg is labeled 2.5.2...

That is exactly what I see as well .
    Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So how can i be sure that i have Phocus 2.5.2 even it is written if you are saying that 2.5.1 is on that downloaded file from the website?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    So how can i be sure that i have Phocus 2.5.2 even it is written if you are saying that 2.5.1 is on that downloaded file from the website?
    well, simply look at one of your first H4D60 captures that showed the weird artifacts in Phocus in 2.5 (1). If they show up without artifacts it's obviously the version that supports the H4D60.
    Too, in the preferences there is an option to deactivate the auto-crop for the H4D60 ... so if this option is there, it must be the correct version.
    Last edited by thomas; 4th August 2010 at 04:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    well, simply look at one of your first H4D60 captures that showed the weird artifacts in Phocus in 2.5 (1). If they show up without artifacts it's obviously the version that supports the H4D60.
    Too, in the preferences there is an option to deactivate the auto-crop for the H4D60 ... so if this option is there, it must be the correct version.
    It was 2.5.1 definitely, but i was meaning, how can i know after i downloaded the new Phocus 2.5.2 and installed it that i have 2.5.2 and not 2.5.1? Both are working fine for the new H4D-60 anyway, but i was talking about 2.5.1&2.5.2
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    It was 2.5.1 definitely, but i was meaning, how can i know after i downloaded the new Phocus 2.5.2 and installed it that i have 2.5.2 and not 2.5.1? Both are working fine for the new H4D-60 anyway, but i was talking about 2.5.1&2.5.2
    it's an issue with the language version. If you run it in English the so called new "2.5.1" version is labeled correctly as "2.5.2"

Post Thanks / Like

What I understanding wrong? I downloaded the 2.5.2 from the Germany Website and the language is german but its labled 2.5.1 and also in the info is 2.5.1. Where ist the 2.5.2?;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    What I understanding wrong? I downloaded the 2.5.2 from the Germany Website and the language is german but its labled 2.5.1 and also in the info is 2.5.1. Where ist the 2.5.2?;-)
    well, as I said, it is version 2.5.2. Just the lable is incorrect.
    If you are fine with the English version simply go to the applications folder -> right click on the Phocus icon -> choose "show pakage content" -> open "Contents" -> open "Resources" -> search for all folders with the suffix "lproj" and delete them all except "English.lproj". Phocus is running in English now and is labeled correctly as version 2.5.2.
    The "lproj" folders are only language folders, so don't worry something weird will happen. I do the same with Capture One all the time as the German translation is a pain (too, I am used to use C1 in English).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

it's an issue with the language version. If you run it in English the so called new "2.5.1" version is labeled correctly as "2.5.2"
    I will download now on my Mac Desktop and see, on my Mac laptop it is written and i can read it is 2.5.2 from About Phocus, unless it is not correct.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Again, i downloaded that new Phocus on my Desktop, and it is working fine, i read it is Phocus 2.5.2, so i really can't understand what problems others facing to have the newer version?
    I used the link from here for both my laptop and desktop.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

One of the things I always do, is first Delete and empty the trash of the older version, no mater the SW been installed, this solves lot of issues before they even become one.

Post Thanks / Like

well, as I said, it is version 2.5.2. Just the lable is incorrect.
    If you are fine with the English version simply go to the applications folder -> right click on the Phocus icon -> choose "show pakage content" -> open "Contents" -> open "Resources" -> search for all folders with the suffix "lproj" and delete them all except "English.lproj". Phocus is running in English now and is labeled correctly as version 2.5.2.
    The "lproj" folders are only language folders, so don't worry something weird will happen. I do the same with Capture One all the time as the German translation is a pain (too, I am used to use C1 in English).
    Why deleting files...? There is a much more elegant possiblity... just open the app with cmd - i and disable the german language...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why deleting files...? There is a much more elegant possiblity... just open the app with cmd - i and disable the german language...
    on Snow Leopard not anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

on Snow Leopard not anymore...
    It is with this tool:

http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't mind having PHOCUS "2.5.1" (new) out of a box 2.5.2 dmg as long as it works the same way . And as Thomas states , it does .
    I am anoyed about the confusion , which is caused by this "issue" .

AAA)
    It would have been so easy to just add one sentence in the READ ME section and everything would have been fine .

BBB)
    Or , even better now , that one of the HASSELBLAD representitives , who read this forum regulary , would have given information to clarify the confusion .

I believe that either AAA) or BBB) can be expected from HASSELBLAD .
    Or am I wrong here ? ? ? Are we in an information desert here ? ? ?
    Do customers have to sort out that themselves ? ? ?

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like

Euhh... in defense of the people at Hasselblad. The release is 1 day ago. Even the people in Denmark tend to go on holiday, take a day off or have some sleep sometimes which adds to the possibility that posts on fora can be missed.

Has anyone already mentioned this in a bug report to Hasselblad?

These are things that are typically easily repaired and Hasselblad tends to be pretty quick with that.

Yes, customers do find out first when there is something left that is not functioning entirely as it should. Their will always be bugs, from the looks of this it isn't even one, left. Customers find out and report this. Good companies see to it that stuff gets resolved and fixed quickly, bad companies don't.

What is with the short fuses?

stewpid

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    Euhh... in defense of the people at Hasselblad. The release is 1 day ago. Even the people in Denmark tend to go on holiday, take a day off or have some sleep sometimes which adds to the possibility that posts on fora can be missed.

These are things that are typically easily repaired and Hasselblad tends to be pretty quick with that.

Yes, customers do find out first when there is something left that is not functioning entirely as it should. Their will always be bugs, from the looks of this it isn't even one, left. Customers find out and report this. Good companies see to it that stuff gets resolved and fixed quickly, bad companies don't.

What is with the short fuses?
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stewpid View Post
    +1
    + another. My experience with Hasselblad support has been nothing short of excellent. I have had a number of issues resolved quickly by being able to communicate via email with the guy who was fixing the problem. Large organisations just don't work that way.

I can say that having been a lead architect on software projects with the biggest of them all.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+10
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg53 View Post
    + another. My experience with Hasselblad support has been nothing short of excellent. I have had a number of issues resolved quickly by being able to communicate via email with the guy who was fixing the problem. Large organisations just don't work that way.

I can say that having been a lead architect on software projects with the biggest of them all.

Jeff

The PHOCUS 2.5.1 /2.5.2 "issue" is not the reason for my todays response anymore . I have hooked that off .

It is the service topic .
    As you , I have worked in the service buisness.
    Having 30 years of background in strong hard and software service for the biggest computer company , I do know what service is and means .

Extremely bad experience with HB quality and service in the short past , make me say , that there is no reason for glorifying HB's service .
    And I know , that I am not alone .

From my experience I can say , when your reputation is damaged , it is very hard to catch up again .
    It are then often the small things , which count .
    But I want to be of positive thinking . Service can always improve .
    And I am still with HASSELBLAD .

Jürgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jürgen

I'm not sure how to respond. You have had bad service, mine has been good both with hardware and software support for the last few years. It hasn't always been that way.

I was ready to kill someone over the red cast issue with the early H3Ds but that was resolved eventually. Following that, I had an issue with the H3D losing the date and time. Again, that took time but was eventually resolved to my complete satisfaction.

What I have learned from this is that Hasselblad is a little different to other companies that I have had dealings with, but persistence wins out. I think that they have lifted their game enormously of late.

I get excellent support via the local Hasselblad rep. He goes the extra mile to support his customers, and provides a reliable conduit back to the mothership.

if you had had a bad experience of late, is your local guy involved?

As an afterthought, I would expect to get better info from the Hasselblad digital forum. Funnily enough, this topic hasn't even surfaced over there.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mac 10.6.4

Copied previous version of Phocus to a separate hard drive like I always do, didn't delete from Applications folder, pulled previous version out of the quick menu, installed new English/USA version to Applications per instructions .... which asked if I wanted to replace existing version ... yes, then copied it to the menu bar, started it up no problems. Version reads correctly.

Checked by hitting Command I ... correct version.

Agree with Jeff, Hasselblad service has been fine for some time now, but I also rely on my local dealer as the first line of contact ... half the time he solves the issue on the phone ... or is back to me with-in the hour. If need be, he'll come to my studio and check it out first hand. In the past two years, I've not had an issue he couldn't trace down to some other factor other than the camera/DB.

Hasselblad has clearly stated that the dealers are the first step. IMO, this makes sense, since a lot of issues are obvious mistakes from new, less-experienced users which would choke the Mothership's service ability. Better to place that first step out in the field, on-site if need be.

It cracks me up when some user goes on the internet and prematurely carries on about an issue vociferously, immediately attributing it to the hardware, only to discover it is some obvious over-site on the user's part ... which they never acknowledge Must drive Hasselblad crazy.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I still remember when i had my H4D-60 and used Phocus 2.5, many members here tried to help me until i got the solution by using the newer version, Hasselblad served me perfectly to allow me to get the new software from them [as i didn't take the CD from the local dealer due to weekend closed] and it worked perfectly, didn't wait long to solve the problem [which is not a problem in fact], and i couldn't be happy more.
    I know that many issues could be because i am an amateur user, so i may face some issues that it can be solved later if i search and contact for help/service/support, and i am sure those manufacturers working hard to figure out the issues and solving it on proper time, and i really will feel bad or annoying person if i don't appreciate their efforts, and i have to give them time as well, if i am in rush to use something regardless of the issues it can carry then i have to blame myself first before others, but i always try to check if that issue is common or reported before and there is solution for it, if nothing found then later i can use supports services.

Phocus 2.5.2 is working like a charm, and again, i couldn't be happier
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Im also thinking very positive, but why can a softwaredeveloper the version not correct "labeling"? In the history they have a 2.5.0, 2.5.1 and now 2.5.2. On my 2 systems is still 2.5.1 (german). In english it is 2.5.2. I can live with that, but...
    What me makes mor grrrrr... when I check Hassyfiles in Phocus, the software quite about all 5-10Min (Phocus hat unerwartet beendet..). Then how you now you have to start again, looking for the right files etc. With a client thats so eklig... (Nearly new Powermac 8core, 12giga ram, 10.6.4). rem
    A nice weekend to all from Sitzerland!;-)

Post Thanks / Like

You probably have a NVidea graphics card in your MacPro? This crash occurs when browsing through files, selecting, rating, etc?

There is a known bug in MacOS 10.6.4 with NVidea drivers. This is also documented on the Adobe forum since it also causes problems with CS5.

I have replaced my NVidea GT120 with an ATI 4890 again to resolve this issue for the moment on my MacPro. The MBP still suffers from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    why can a softwaredeveloper the version not correct "labeling"? In the history they have a 2.5.0, 2.5.1 and now 2.5.2. On my 2 systems is still 2.5.1 (german).
    It's an honest mistake, not one intended to deceive you. Programmers generally worry less about labels and more about how their programs operate through complex code. Many programmers prioritize issues and unfortunately the importance of a label is below the importance of say how a button or slider operates and the code behind it. Sure, everything in a program is important, but I think enough has been said on this.

I've been silent about my experiences with Hasselblad because it matches Jeff's, Ray's and Marc's. I've been working with Hasselblad directly (bypassing the dealer network) since 2005 and they have been very responsive to me, even while out in the field. Without revealing any more, I'll just say that I owe Hasselblad a big thank you for taking care of me.

Kind regards,
    Derek Jecxz
    www.jecxz.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dustbak, I have the GT 120. So you think the 4890 is the way to go? How noisy is the 4890? Or are ther allready newer ones? Thanks!
    OK, Derek, I will try to see it from this side!;-)

Post Thanks / Like

The ATI4890 is definitely not the way to go since you have to either flash one yourself or get it done for you to be able to use it on your Mac. I am a longtime tweaker and regret having gone this route. I find the hassle every update not worth the extra performance.

The ATI4870 is a little bit less powerful but available in Mac Edition and supported in MacOS. This is the way to go if you want it right now.

The ATI4890 in my machine is just a tad louder than the GT120 which I find extremely quiet.

With the new MacPros there will be support for the ATI5870 & the ATI5770. If you can wait that long (somewhere in August) you probably can have one of those in your machine.

OTOH. The bug in MacOS is so blatantly known by now and it affects many Photoshop users, my guess is that it will be fixed in the same update that adds support for the ATI5870 & ATI5770.

I just happen to have both cards around. I took out the 4890 when 10.6.4 came out and I could not get the card to work properly (I am not that willing anymore to spend lots of time on stupid things like graphic cards). When Photoshop started to freeze my machine & Phocus started to crash with the GT120 I put the 4890 back in and spend some time getting it to run properly again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help Dustbak! So then I will wait until my holidays end august are over and then checkout whats going on. Thanks! rem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post

Yep occasionally we go on holiday! As I was last week.

Anyway, I have now reported the bug.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post

Anyway, I have now reported the bug.

David
    Another bug seems to be converting Leica S2 DNG to 16 bit Tiff with Adobe RGB profile (black screen). With sRGB profile its working. Strange isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Phocus 2.5.2 is out

And why 2.52? Its 2.51 if you check about Phocus on a Mac...?!
    My Mac copy says 2.5.2. Running Snow Leopard (10.6.4) on a MacBook Pro.

Perhaps you downloaded an early version with a typo.

I did have a problem with the 2.5 version crashing, but not with 2.5.2.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh; 13th August 2010 at 00:20.

Post Thanks / Like

Just edit in the Phocus/Contents/Resources/de.lproj the file InfoPlist.strings with TextEdit to the correct version 2.5.2, save it and enjoy!
    Matter of minute