Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First sample 645D shots

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: First sample 645D shots

Hello All,

In the absence of an actual 645D to play with, I've been engaged in some unashamed pixel-peeping. Thank you again, OP, for posting these files for us to play with.

In _IGP0048.dng, the architecture shot, I noticed some beautiful multicolored lines on all the window edges of the building on the left (not the wall face on to the lens, but the wall going into the picture). Is this the dreaded moire, AKA color aliasing? These are very bright, thin, slightly off-vertical lines, which seems like the best situation to sneak by the lack of an AA filter. I wonder if the Pentax software or in-camera jpeg processing tries to remove them?

This is visible, but not glaring, at print resolutions, although I haven't printed the picture out to test.

I'm viewing the dng files in CS3 and Aperrture 3.1. Both make no complaint opening the files, but perhaps that's accidental and I really should try Lightroom 3 for this. I dunno.

Too much time on my hands,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Ed

Thanks.

Likewise would like to see a long exposure and a same time/place/capture look at iso 100/200.

Claude Fiddler

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just a heads up. There's a very nice collection of 645D landscapes over in the DPReview Pentax SLR forum. (Can I link to it without violating forum rules? I hope so).
    I point it out in part to show that my interest is not only viewing samples at high magnification on monitors. Other than that, I have no connection with these pictures.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=37019423

Best,

Matt