The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First sample 645D shots

Ed Hurst

P.S. Gary - I don't have a 67 45mm lens. The widest I currently own is 55mm (both the 67 f4 final version and now the new f2.8 version released with the 645D). I will need something wider but am awaiting new digital-specific releases...

surfotog

Ed, if you find yourself in Hawaii, contact me. I have both the 400 and 800 M* lenses. We could meet on the north shore and test them on the 645D. I'll supply the tripod.

bensonga

Ed, if you find yourself in Hawaii, contact me. I have both the 400 and 800 M* lenses. We could meet on the north shore and test them on the 645D. I'll supply the tripod.
Wow....can't be many folks out there with these two lenses! :thumbs:

How about a flight as follows for your next trip back to the UK: Australia...Hawaii....Alaska...UK. Stop over in Alaska and I'll supply the 45mm for testing. :D

Gary

wolf65

interesting camera, thanx for posting.
but i can't help - the upper right corner of all the images done with the 55'
look pretty blurto me. upper left seems to be ok.

Ed Hurst

I'll have a look at the top left and top right issue further and see if there's anything going on here that I can identify. Can't say I had noticed that myself.

As for a long exposure pic @ ISO 200, no problem. I'll do this as soon as I can.

Anything else I can help with anyone?

E

espressogeek

I would be interested to see a longer exposure from this camera as well. Does anyone know what the longest exposure for it is?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hello All,

In the absence of an actual 645D to play with, I've been engaged in some unashamed pixel-peeping. :eek: Thank you again, OP, for posting these files for us to play with.

In _IGP0048.dng, the architecture shot, I noticed some beautiful multicolored lines on all the window edges of the building on the left (not the wall face on to the lens, but the wall going into the picture). Is this the dreaded moire, AKA color aliasing? These are very bright, thin, slightly off-vertical lines, which seems like the best situation to sneak by the lack of an AA filter. I wonder if the Pentax software or in-camera jpeg processing tries to remove them?

This is visible, but not glaring, at print resolutions, although I haven't printed the picture out to test.

I'm viewing the dng files in CS3 and Aperrture 3.1. Both make no complaint opening the files, but perhaps that's accidental and I really should try Lightroom 3 for this. I dunno.

Too much time on my hands,:rolleyes:

Matt