The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H mount to V mount

yatlee

Hi, I am considering a second hand Phase One P45+ with H1/H2 mount. How expensive it is to change to V mount? I'm new to digital back, is there anything I should be aware of buying a second hand back? Can I still purchase additional warranty with Phase One if I want to? Many thanks in advance.

Digitalcameraman

If it is out of warranty, you can get the mount swap for $2,500.

Extended Warranty can be bought for $1,995 per year, return to depot if the camera is already out of warranty.

You may consider buying a factory refurbished unit in the mount you need, which comes with a factory warranty in place.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

Phase One, Leaf, Cambo, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to our RSS Feed

Hi, I am considering a second hand Phase One P45+ with H1/H2 mount. How expensive it is to change to V mount? I'm new to digital back, is there anything I should be aware of buying a second hand back? Can I still purchase additional warranty with Phase One if I want to? Many thanks in advance.

H

hotwire-digital

If you are planning to use a digital back on the Hasselblad V-system, you could consider the Hasselblad CFV-39 with similar data features and shoot rectangular or square. New digital backs come with a 12 month warranty and most used gear will have wither 6-month or 12-month (depending on the condition) from Hasselblad.

Either way, you will enjoy the 16-bit performance and have deeper blacks and smoother gradations in your B/W shots as compared to the 35mm 12- and 14-bit capture.

When evaluating used equipment, it is a good idea to inspect the back for signs of damage (corners) and the surface of the protective glass plate. It is a big purchase, so it is important to see the back for yourself and shoot with it (just like test driving a used car.) Check the firewire port for solid fit, insert/eject the CF card to confirm no pins are bent, and examine the battery posts for good contacts.

If an online deal is too good to be true, then protect yourself with escrow. Caveat Emptor!

John
Hotwire-Digital
Atlanta DC Miami

yatlee

Thanks Chris and John for the information and recommendation. I've been busy off loading some of my old equipment and hope to get a back in 2-3 months time.

fotografz

Unless you want or need the longer exposure capability of the P45+, take a look at one of the used digital backs that allow the user to swap mounting plates at will. The Hasselblad CF line of backs and the Sinar backs allow this.

I have a Hasselblad CF/39 Multi-Shot back that I can use on my H camera and on my Mamiya RZ by just changing the adapter plate. You can get used adapter plates for most any Medium Format camera ... including the 500 series V cameras.

Just a thought.

-Marc