The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How do you organize your bag or backpack?

evgeny

How do you organize dividers in your bag or backpack for a medium format camera?

I'm especially interested to see variants for Contax 645 with 2-3 lenses and flash.
Thank!

fotografz

How do you organize dividers in your bag or backpack for a medium format camera?

I'm especially interested to see variants for Contax 645 with 2-3 lenses.
Thank!
Don't use a C645 anymore, but organize my MF bag pretty much the same way with the H3D-II/39. Everything is upright ... here's my bag with the H camera, 4 lenses, a 1.7X, extention tube, polarizer, a Metz flash & diffuser, grip batteries and accessories. and it fits under a airline seat.

Take a peek at the offerings from Kata ... most can be fitted with their Insert Trolly which you can remove so the bag can be used a a backpack or shoulder bag.

Last edited:

fotografz

What model Marc
That one is a WS-606 Large Reporter Shoulder Case Guy. It has a hidden "hip belt" and "Elements" cover. $150. at B&H.

The Insert Trolly is an option on this specific bag, but is inexpensive and works on a number of their different bags and cases. Note the dual trolly wheels ... they can be pulled outward to provide a wider stance for those long treks through the airport.

woodyspedden

No doubt that Kata is getting really high marks for technology and usability.

Will have to look closely at the differences between Kata and Think Tank. Material science in Kata is supposed to be state of the art.

Woody

fotografz

No doubt that Kata is getting really high marks for technology and usability.

Will have to look closely at the differences between Kata and Think Tank. Material science in Kata is supposed to be state of the art.

Woody
Hi Woody, I have a Think Tank Airport International that holds my entire 203FE system (except the 350/4 : -) It is excellent, but is not a backpack as the inquiry here requested.

I also recently moved to Kata for my main wedding photography roller bag stuffed with Nikon DSLR gear ... I love the yellow interior that helps me see the darn black cameras and lenses in dim reception hall light :bugeyes:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I do love the Think Tank System. I have the Antidote right now but may get something on wheels. Back to the roller bag for traveling

LJL

Hi Woody, I have a Think Tank Airport International that holds my entire 203FE system (except the 350/4 : -) It is excellent, but is not a backpack as the inquiry here requested.

I also recently moved to Kata for my main wedding photography roller bag stuffed with Nikon DSLR gear ... I love the yellow interior that helps me see the darn black cameras and lenses in dim reception hall light :bugeyes:
Think Tank has the Airport Addicted backpack (largest), as well as the Airport Accelerator backpack (same as the Airport International wheeled bag, but without the wheels, I think). They are both well built, and I have and use both a lot. Both can hold my 400mm f2.8L IS lens, which is a lot of glass, plus two 1-series Canon bodies and several other lenses and flashes. They do hold quite a bit, and it is very secure. I will say that they are not really designed as a true backpack. They have the shoulder straps and waist belt and all, but they are really only designed to carry on your back for a short distance, and through the airport, and not so much for packing things in any distance.

The Kata bags are really nicely made, and it is nice to see some of their newer backpack styles with the optional removable wheels. I think the Kata bags are better built, and if they have one that you configure to accommodate your gear, they are the ticket. They are not quite a large capacity as the Think Tank units, but you may not need quite that much room.

LJ

evgeny

By the way, if I not mistaken, Kata bags are made in Israel.
Also Leaf backs are made in Israel.
I live here in Israel, but still not their customer :rolleyes::angel:

fotografz

Think Tank has the Airport Addicted backpack (largest), as well as the Airport Accelerator backpack (same as the Airport International wheeled bag, but without the wheels, I think). They are both well built, and I have and use both a lot. Both can hold my 400mm f2.8L IS lens, which is a lot of glass, plus two 1-series Canon bodies and several other lenses and flashes. They do hold quite a bit, and it is very secure. I will say that they are not really designed as a true backpack. They have the shoulder straps and waist belt and all, but they are really only designed to carry on your back for a short distance, and through the airport, and not so much for packing things in any distance.

The Kata bags are really nicely made, and it is nice to see some of their newer backpack styles with the optional removable wheels. I think the Kata bags are better built, and if they have one that you configure to accommodate your gear, they are the ticket. They are not quite a large capacity as the Think Tank units, but you may not need quite that much room.

LJ
Don't know about the capacity issue ... Kata has quite a few choices. Here's my Nikon Wedding roller. D3 & D300, 7 lenses including the big assed 200/2, flash, and accessories.

Last edited: