The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help, I'm thinking of going with Sinar Hy6, 54 LV

robsteve

Subscriber
Now I should point out that the Sinar is a complex machine too so you really have to RTFM because it baffled all of us on site. To me this is a engineer's dream camera and it is gorgeous but the last time I looked i was a photographer not a engineer. Let's keep things in perspective. I was handed 3 Phase backs and was running in 1 minute not to say anything here but sometimes simplicity rules the roost. .
Guy:

My impression was it was the camera that had the steep learning curve not the back. When David got it set up properly, somebody would knock a button out of place. The controls on the right side need locks or they should ship a roll of gaffers tape to lock them down :)

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I have Lanced penciled in and if we can get Steve from PPR than we will have all the backs in one place and there gear to go with it. So for attendees this is worth it's weight in gold to try them all out and shoot some professional models plus learn all about lighting in the studio.
Guy looking forward to it. Let me know if there is anything that I may be able to assist with from down here. This should be a great hands on event.
L
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration
My Blog
[email protected]

Steve Hendrix

I have Lanced penciled in and if we can get Steve from PPR than we will have all the backs in one place and there gear to go with it. So for attendees this is worth it's weight in gold to try them all out and shoot some professional models plus learn all about lighting in the studio.
If you're saying the start date is June 20, you can put me down...and all the gear I have available as well.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Pencil the 20th guys, it isn't firm yet and we're trying to get all the details worked out right now...

Graham Mitchell

I was in Helsinki today, and visited the Leaf dealer there. I saw the Hy6 (AFi) in the flesh for the first time. It seemed a little smaller and lighter than I expected. Nice! AF seemed fast too, like a typical DSLR but all my lenses are manual anyway at this stage. The LCD display in the finder was very similar to my 6008 so I felt right at home. Unfortunately there was only the waist level finder to try. They didn't have the others yet.

The feeling of the camera in the hand and the weight were the two things I was anxious to find out. Felt great - I'm sold!

p.s. selling one grandmother, low mileage, excellent cook, $4000

Stuart Richardson

I think you will like it Graham. It's like a 6008AF, only smaller, lighter, and even better ergonomically. I don't have one, but in my time testing it, I really liked it. But since I only shoot film, I have not really made the jump...the body only pricing in the US is still very very high, and I have not seen the 6x6 magazine yet, so I just have not got around to making the switch. But for you, I think it would be perfect.

Rethmeier

I've just been advised by my Sydney dealer,that my eMotion-75LV,the last version with the new 2.5 inch has arrived.
The rotating adapter as well.
Look forward seeing the results.
Cheers,
Willem.

David K

Workshop Member
Willem,
Congratulations are in order. Please share your impressions once you have it in hand. Thanks to some friend's efforts I hope to have mine shortly too.