The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad Firmware - CFV 39 new menu option

neil

I just downloaded the new Hasselblad Firmware on my CFV 39 digital back. I noticed under the menu, Settings, Camera section there are two new options in the Body menu.

The full Body menu is:-

Pinhole
FlashSync
SWC
WinderCW
ELD
ELX

Schneider
LensCtrlS

Does anyone know what the two new options "Schneider" and "LensCtrlS" should be used for...

( I wonder if this is going to help the issue with using this back on technical cameras and Copel shutters... )

Regards

Neil

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Not my area of expertise so I could be wrong, but sounds very much like options for use with the Schneider Lens Control and Rollei Lens Control S which are the two different electronic shutter systems.

Hopefully someone with specific knowledge will jump in.

archivue

Will the new firmeware allow for rotation of the sensor?
Just kidding.
Ed
I can use my leaf in both orientation... but i can't use a PM90 with it.
Considering that stupid limitation with the CFV, i wonder if it's possible to use the PM90 with that back ?

Leigh

I use an RM-2 right-angle finder with my CFV-39, no problemo. It's designed for use with the 70mm back or the Polaroid back, so it has clearance above the back and it's deep enough to clear the CFV back.

The focusing screen looks HUGE with the 4x magnification, highest of any finder.

It's not the prettiest thing on earth, but then neither am I. ;)

- Leigh

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Will the new firmaware allow for rotation of the sensor?
Just kidding.
Ed
Eduardo

I know you will never give up your hope for a square sensor .
But I bet , also at this years PHOTOKINA we won't see one . :bugeyes:

I just downloaded the new Hasselblad Firmware on my CFV 39 digital back. I noticed under the menu, Settings, Camera section there are two new options in the Body menu.

The full Body menu is:-

SchneiderLensCtrlS

Does anyone know what the two new options "Schneider" and "LensCtrlS" should be used for...

( I wonder if this is going to help the issue with using this back on technical cameras and Copel shutters... )

Regards

Neil
Hi Niel,

This is indeed a connection for the electronic shutters from both of those companies.

Then control of these shutters is enabled from within Phocus when shooting tethered.

D