The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What colour for the Hy6?

What colour scheme would you like for the Hy6?

• Leave it as it is. I love it!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Make the body, lens and back all black, to match the lens barrel, and the details in white

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Graham Mitchell

The subject of the Hy6's colour has come up several times in this forum and others and it seems that most people would prefer a different colour scheme, i.e. plain and dark.

Here is our chance to let Sinar/Leaf/F&H know what their customers want :) I will make sure some people at Sinar and F&H see this poll once there are enough results.

This is the Hy6 as it currently looks, as far as I know:

The Sinar back is 3 different colours and the adapter is black. The body is also a mixture of colours. Is it a great design or a mess? You decide.

T

thsinar

Thanks Graham, for this very useful poll.

here some other views of the Hy6, as it is delivered.

Best regards,
Thierry

PS: images attached with the valuable help of Guy's "Web action set"!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the camera in San Juan in person in incandescent and daylight conditions.
It looked more like the upper shot than the lower two shots.
It seemed to be a collection of almost related shades flying in loose formation with no coordination or harmony.
Black, neutral gray or chrome would be better choices IMO.
-bob

Rethmeier

All Sinar has to do is match the eMotion colors with the Hy6.
N.B I'm sure they will with their new back!
Cheers,
Willem.

KeithL

Well, Hasselblad used to offer the V Series in all kinds of pretty colours. After extensive testing I concluded that the yellow attracted bees, the red frightened the deer and I kept loosing the green in the undergrowth. Try as I might I couldn't distinguish between any of the images.

I'd go for something exciting. Red polka dot on black perhaps, or is that just too Leica?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Davids looked pretty nice in it's current colors. I would prefer black myself but it does look like the first shot Thierry posted. Oh and Jack get's the credit for the web converter. Folks you can buy that here and have to say best little action I ever used for the web.

For a camera geek it is about the sexiest setup I have seen.

Stuart Richardson

I am ok the way it looks now, but I would have preferred a simple all black color like in the Rollei 6008AF. Anything you can do to take attention away from the camera...the less people worry about the camera, the better. Flat, plain, boring black is the best way to go. I am just thankful it was not the laser-tag version with the red buttons. It looked like the gun that came with the game Duck Hunt for the Nintendo back in the 80s:

BradleyGibson

Well, Hasselblad used to offer the V Series in all kinds of pretty colours. After extensive testing I concluded that the yellow attracted bees, the red frightened the deer and I kept loosing the green in the undergrowth. Try as I might I couldn't distinguish between any of the images.

I'd go for something exciting. Red polka dot on black perhaps, or is that just too Leica?
:toocool:

LJL

Great color mock-ups. Personally, I would prefer the all black, and no, that was not a cheer for the Kiwi rugby team ;-) If Sinar/Rollei want to go with some alternate tones, like gray, at least get all of the gray parts to be the same tone/shade, and not have things looking like a Lego build. The camera is great looking, but the color schemes underscore the build by engineers and not photographers who tend to have a bit more sense for colors. I know that is going to draw some flak, but you know it is not far from what most are thinking anyway, so cut me some slack ;-)

LJ

jotloob

Subscriber Member
For me , all colors like light and medium blue and grey make this wonderful gear look as a cheap soapbox . It just does not look serious enough but more as an iHy6 . Like iPOD and other iProducts . Oh sorry , might be that an iPOD is integrated .
I would go for the pure black like foto-z's image shows .

Jürgen

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thiery, I have a question for you. Is the little center button on the meter pattern selection lever supposed to lock the switch? IOW do you have to press that center button in to change the metering pattern?

Thanks,