The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina Coverage by Capture Integration

JSK Rangefinder

It takes the same lithium battery as the digital back. Convenient (in so far as Leaf/Phase owners already own such batteries and the chargers that go with them) and long lasting.

It just also has the option to take AA batteries as a backup option.

Plus built in wireless strobe transmitter which syncs at 1/1600th.

More information on the V-Grip Air
we have sold our mamiya gear 2 years ago just because of the AA batteries issue but we kept number of RZ PRo IID and went H2... maybe it's time to convert :p

thanks for the info Doug:thumbup:

I may give it try again because of the V-Grip though

have fun in St.Petersburg and good luck with the show..

PS: don't forget to visit HERMITAGE MUSEUM

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Interesting to see the way that a plate has been added by the user to the base of the grip. Difficult to make a less ergonomic use of the grip than this (unless of course you've got Arca clamp palms!) ... someone like RRS needs to make something that won't ruin the handheld experience when there's a plate fixed on the bottom. The side plate seems well though out by comparison.

Terry

Graham - I looks like it is a simple on off for that plate with no wrench involved which is nice

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Terry you can buy those bolts at B&H. Just saw it actually looking for a bushing for my monopod. Search Bushings it will come up

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Terry - yes I see that but that's also part of the problem because the appeal of the Arca plate system (at least the better solutions by RRS/Kirk etc) is generally is that they are shaped to fit the body and resist rotation. The screw flat plate here has minimal surface area in contact with the body and I can almost guarantee that you could twist it against the body if it were mounted on a head.

An ergonimically shaped alternative from the likes of RRS/Kirk that was small enough not to ruin the handheld use of the grip would be better I think. It just seems a shame since the vertical mount seems very well engineered by comparison.

KETCH ROSSI

Don't remind me I'm depressed now I can't buy anything. :D
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: I tough I was Bad.. had to buy a 7K TV Monitor and wanted form B&H to at lost save on Taxes, but ended up buying locally.. this dudes are always Close for something:angry: you think no body works in Jerusalem.. I better not talk, cause as I am moving back to Italy I will not be able to shop during Lucch hours since every one closes, and oh summer forget about it every one at the Beach..

Don Libby

More news:
- Cambo Copy Stand
- Broncolor Lighting
- Profoto Gets in to Continuous Light in a Big Way
- Cambo dSLR rig and "meeting with partners"

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work
Doug & Dave

Thanks very much for all the great info coming out of Photokina this year especially the Cambo news.

I don't think it's any dark secret that I'm a died in the wool Cambo fan especially the WRS and the new improvements look good. While I like line the looks of the "Limited Edition RS 1000" I'm afraid either the wood or leather wouldn't stand up to the normal abuse I put my gear though. Still would be nice if my studio shots were all indoors.

The sliding back also looks tempting - any idea of how much more weight this'll add? Also how long will this be? I see this as doubling (at least) the overall width. Still all in all I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig ... I mean tester.

Best of luck with the show Doug. Ya done real good!

Dave - save some beer for the rest of the folks there.

Don

thomas

While I like line the looks of the "Limited Edition RS 1000" I'm afraid either the wood or leather wouldn't stand up to the normal abuse I put my gear though. Still would be nice if my studio shots were all indoors.
Don, not sure about the leather inlay but the wood handles are made for eternity. Wood handles come in handy if you shoot handheld a lot... better overall grip, better for sweaty hands, better when it's cold and you don't wear gloves ;-)

kdphotography

All these new accessories and models being released at Photokina.....I thought for sure that Dave Gallagher would have posted a photo of Doug with a new model on his arm by now....

:ROTFL:

yaya

Adding to an already strong line of lenses available for the Phase One DF platform, today Phase One and Schneider announced four new lenses for the Phase One DF Platform.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2010/09/19/three-other-new-schneider-lenses/

- Phase One 35mm f/3.5 D
- Phase One 120mm f/4 D Macro Autofocus
- Schneider 150mm f/3.5 LS
- Schneider 120mm f/5.6 Tilt-Shift lens*

*previously announced by Schneider

Doug Peterson

Got the 120mm T/S in hand and am hoping to get time to test it today...

6x7

Oh I see Yair you lift it through the window to get it inside, like they do it with pianos when they don't fit through the staircase. Man this one is big !!.. Now test it and let us know.

yaya

Had a chance to play with a prototype today on a Mamiya DM33.

If anyone wants to see the files let me know

Compared straight shot, no shift tilt to one with full swing/ shift

Both done with available showroom light and so wide open (5.6) and 1/15sec

Nice tool and fun to work with (and I need to brush up my T/S skills)

yair