The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina Coverage by Capture Integration

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Photokina is just around the corner. With Photokina always comes tons of news. Rather than spam the board with dozens of threads I thought I would start one thread (this one) where I will post all of our coverage, opinions, and Q&A.

We encourage you to post any questions you would like answered at Photokina and we'll do our best to answer each. Dave Gallagher and I (Doug Peterson) will there in person to followup on announcements with interviews with the technical staff and management of the relevant companies. In the past one of the most frustrating parts of Photokina has been that the Press Releases and manufacturer web pages do not include some small-but-important detail which goes unanswered for days or weeks. Being there in person we hope to followup on such questions immediately.

Pre-Photokina news
- 40% off Capture One Pro [http://tinyurl.com/269vybz]
- Capture One Pro already making full use of 12-core Mac Pros [http://tinyurl.com/26lc6m9]
- Phase One V-Grip Air []

Doug Peterson [EMAIL="[email protected]"](e-mail Me)[/EMAIL]
Newsletter: [url="http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/"]Read Latest or Sign Up

RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

KETCH ROSSI

Great, thanks Doug,

look forward t see what is happening, really need to get a system, actually two since my buddy in Rome will be getting one as well.

Surely can't wait to test out the Grip for the DF body looks great, BTW, Doug do fix the link on that one, he he.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Capture One Pro 5.2 is really great!

But when will it implement RAW for NEX cameras ?????

baxter

now, this is really good news for Phase One users!
With this lens the Phase One (camera-) system is becoming really interessting... as it is certainly (hopefully) just the first TS lens...
Fully concur.

For the price of a tech camera (without lenses), it'll enable me to get several T/S lenses. I am a bit puzzled that they've started with a 120mm instead of something wider.

Keep these Pre-kina snippets coming. By next week there'll probably be a whole array of things we need......

thomas

Fully concur.

For the price of a tech camera (without lenses), it'll enable me to get several T/S lenses. I am a bit puzzled that they've started with a 120mm instead of something wider.
not so sure about the price. I guess this thing won't be a steal.
Tech cameras will of course still provide much more movements and I think it's not so easy to beat the lens performance of the Digitars and HR lenses.
My problem is the P1 camera body anyway... I really don't like it.
Now with T/S lenses an exchangeable finder would make even more sense...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Just arrived in Germany and checked into our hotel. Beautiful hotel in a castle! Really cute barhop.

The Phase One and Leaf Dealer Conference are this weekend. Though likely the news from that conference will be embargoed until Tuesday. However, the moment it's allowed we'll post details galore.

Notes from the show floor will begin Tuesday (German time).

We have private meetings/interviews scheduled with Cambo, Leica, and Schneider so far. Arranging more on the fly at the show.

Again, if you have questions for these companies or others please let us know and we will do our best to get them answered at the show!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
>> Really cute barhop <<

So now we know the real reason you're there...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
>> Really cute barhop <<

Obviously Doug gets to play with too many toys so his focus is on the finer things in life. Now Doug if the young lady heard you say barhop she might just smack you down dude. Now if you said a very cute bartender than you may just have a chance or she would just smack you down anyway since you have no beer or pretzels to offer her.:D

Don Libby

>> Really cute barhop <<

Obviously Doug gets to play with too many toys so his focus is on the finer things in life. Now Doug if the young lady heard you say barhop she might just smack you down dude. Now if you said a very cute bartender than you may just have a chance or she would just smack you down anyway since you have no beer or pretzels to offer her.:D
He could always show her his Phase One or Leica....:D