The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Out for a Drive 55mm LS, 80mm LS and Z1 ballhead

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now as we know we don't always shoot wide open and client work it is extremely rare for me to do so . With that said lets move into more stop down images. The nice thing is even 4.5 will knock you out. I even have moire in this one as that is most likely my focus point.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Nice bokeh and separation ... Hhmmmm. Does The DF have auto ISO (Seems silly to some but I like to not have to think about switching back and forth for event photos)?

arashm

Guy
congrats on the new toys and day to yourself.
if I remember correctly you used the Arca P0 or P1 for a while.
How do they compare to the Z1 and what made you switch over to the Z1?
any pros/cons of each set?
Thank you in advance
am

Don Libby

Guy - I agree, Jerome is a great place to shoot especially with Sedona just a short drive away. Going to Jerome is like taking a time machine.

Great images too! :thumbs:

Don

You still need to think about that Cube :deadhorse:

Guy Mancuso

Guy
congrats on the new toys and day to yourself.
if I remember correctly you used the Arca P0 or P1 for a while.
How do they compare to the Z1 and what made you switch over to the Z1?
any pros/cons of each set?
Thank you in advance
am
I had the P1 and it did not have a slot in it for going vertical or pointing straight down. Now after I sold it I got a note from Arca they had a attachment that it would do that. Bummer it was a nice head but the Z1 is stronger with a weight limit of 130 lbs versus 56 lbs I believe so in the long run I think the Z is the better head and so far it seems that way but I am also carrying a lot of weight on it so for MF folks maybe the better choice although the P1 handled it pretty darn nice. One feature of the P1 was the turn knob was around the diameter of the head which was very handy

Guy Mancuso

Nice bokeh and separation ... Hhmmmm. Does The DF have auto ISO (Seems silly to some but I like to not have to think about switching back and forth for event photos)?
No Kurt no auto ISO although I would imagine it could just be a firmware thing too. Also we are all waiting to here what Phase has up it's sleeve and Hassy as well. Not to mention others , be interesting to see if this Photokinia is the revolutionary one we are all hoping for or just adding some makeup. We all want bigger LCD and IPhone/Ipad tethering as well plus other goodies. Looking forward to next week

Guy Mancuso

Both of these are 5.6 . I think I am guilty of not going lower than 6.3 was having fun shooting this near more wide open. F11 is going to be scary. LOL

That is my new wheels in the middle there. Nice ride

Guy Mancuso

Hey Bud, that lens looks like crap on your P40+. You should trash it -- just go ahead and ship it to me now -- and then get yourself something wider like the new 35. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
In bad english "It ain't happening" and you can quote me on that. :grin:

Guy Mancuso

Well not sure about anyone else but I'm convinced this is a outstanding lens and certainly a keeper. Hope they make a 35 in Schneider and it don't have to have a leaf shutter either. 2 in the bag is great for me. I actually used the 55mm today outside with my quadra and was shooting at 1/400 sync or the best my transmitter would give me and looked very nice indeed. I can't post those images though since it is government equipment.

Guy Mancuso

I don't have many 80mm shots but the look is very similar and also very sharp. Will do those tomorrow.

Guy Mancuso

These are both the 80 LS at F16. Not sure why I got out of the car the lighting is garbage but gives you a idea of the lens

Guy Mancuso

That's about it and the 7D is basically mindless shooting. It will even tie your shoes. Nice but there is no challenge for me. Sorry canon folks but these things just don't get my jets rolling in the morning. But it is a nice cam and can do quite a bit. For me it is backup and for stuff I don't want to bring the Phase otherwise the Phase can do it's job in sensor plus mode.

Guy Mancuso

Okay click the link above. Than click on a thumbnail that you would like to see and to see it 3000 pixels wide click the main image again. Try it you'll like it