The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hassy NASA system on ebay...

T

tetsrfun

The camera shown is a MKW/E that was based on the SWC and intended for photogrammetric use. Some, as the one shown, had bright yellow exterior. The chances that this is a NASA camera are close to zero, IMHO.

Steve

Godfrey

The camera shown is a MKW/E that was based on the SWC and intended for photogrammetric use. Some, as the one shown, had bright yellow exterior. The chances that this is a NASA camera are close to zero, IMHO.
They are zero, unless it was ordered for ground- or air-based photogrammetry.

Cameras outfitted for work in space do not use leather coverings and have large paddles on the controls for access with vacuum environment gloves.

thrice

Another rip-off auction from one of the usual suspects.
Agreed. I don't trust that mob at all, apparently heavy scratches (not cleaning marks) on a front element qualifies as mint- from them. Upon pressing the issue they offered a refund and admitted they never looked under the lens cap!!

gogopix

Subscriber
I have dealt with Boris for many years, and they are very reputable, as Guy has also mentioned. They have expensive, often one of a kind or rare items. I have purchased maybe 20 or more items and have had a few duds, always the deal was resolved well, and professionally. Once a full cash refund was made - unheard of from many vendors.

I am sure there have been some bad experiences as well for some folks, but let's not have another negative 'pile on' thread.

Victor

O

OSC

he is not your friendly neighbor spiderman, but to be fair to him you can see he has some of the most exotic stuff which cannot be found elsewhere.