The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus-II 12 - 80 Mpx!!!

Professional

Not sure we have any billionaires here in NZ. In any event, if we did, he / she would probably be living a quiet suburb and driving an old Ford Cortina bought second hand in 1979, not dabbling in photography. ;)
That's why NZ's my kind of place! :) I think if I ever visit I may not leave.
And i don't care to be rich if i live in NZ, i have been there and loved it a lot, wish to live there, and for sure i will have the best shots of landscapes i can do from there.

goesbang

BTW I just did a 1 minute 3 second shot at Mono Lake on the P40+ and looks really good at ISO 50 and my bet is i could have went longer. I would imagine the new sensor can handle that as well
Guy, I had a chat to Dr.Claus Molgaard (P1 head of R&D) about this in Cologne. The problem is heat related. I had noticed the black pixels that are a symptom at less than 60 sec on my P65+. I was working on a night shot in the Arabian desert at 50deg ambient temp (yes, 50deg at night!) and my back was HOT, as well as being activated for 50+sec exposures. We've since started applying cold gel-packs to the back when we do longer exposures and this helps heaps. Taking the long exposure slider in C1 to 100% doesn't degrade the overall image noticeably as it selectively targets the black pixels. Carrying gel-packs is a bit of a drag but hey, it sure expands the performance envelope of the back!

Cheers!:thumbup:

Siebel