The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H4D-31

Bill the downside just like the P30+ being they use the same sensor it is a generation older . So in comparisons to the new 6 micron sensors it is slower shooting, it has micro lenses, it's a kodak sensor and your buying a older technology which is not a bad thing. Just that you are a step behind, but these sensors have been the workhorses in the rental , fashion industry for a long time and they produce a great file.

The new sensors are faster shooting, 6 micron , Phase has no micro lenses and I think Hassy does . Phase is Dalsa , Hassy is Kodak they will produce less moire than the 31 mpx and they do produce lower noise in the higher ISO's and the are the newer breed and worth more in resale.

The 31mpx is a great entry level now and getting in the door is easier to do because both Hassy and Phase the 40 mpx is the latest backs.
Ah, thanks. I knew there had to be something. Still seems pretty good for entry level.

tjv

Has there been any announcement regarding what chip is in the 31 or even what physical dimensions it is? I'd like to know if it is indeed the older chip also used in the H3D-31 or another newer design. I can't find any real, solid specifications on the web.

Bill the downside just like the P30+ being they use the same sensor it is a generation older . So in comparisons to the new 6 micron sensors it is slower shooting, it has micro lenses, it's a kodak sensor and your buying a older technology which is not a bad thing. Just that you are a step behind, but these sensors have been the workhorses in the rental , fashion industry for a long time and they produce a great file.

The new sensors are faster shooting, 6 micron , Phase has no micro lenses and I think Hassy does . Phase is Dalsa , Hassy is Kodak they will produce less moire than the 31 mpx and they do produce lower noise in the higher ISO's and the are the newer breed and worth more in resale.

The 31mpx is a great entry level now and getting in the door is easier to do because both Hassy and Phase the 40 mpx is the latest backs.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Has there been any announcement regarding what chip is in the 31 or even what physical dimensions it is? I'd like to know if it is indeed the older chip also used in the H3D-31 or another newer design. I can't find any real, solid specifications on the web.
I was told by the rep at the Hasselblad booth that the H4D31 was EXACTLY the same back as the H3DII-31. Only the camera changed, the back is identical in every way.

David