The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV-50

fotografz

Does anyone knows if a CFV back can be turned in portrait mode on, say, an ALPA SWA or an Arca RM3D for instance ?
I believe 'yes' due to the adaptor plate part - but am not sure that all those adaptor plates can be rotated 90°. It was so on my cambo sliding back (the back is placed on the adaptor plate and the adaptor plate is placed in 0° or 90° position on the sliding back).
Yes, like any digital back ... the CFV is connected to the view lens via a PC sync cable. The CFV menu has the choice to use sync triggering. Most backs are 645 configuration, so the Tech cameras have rotatable mount adapters.

I'd love a CFV50 to mount on my Rollie Xact-II as well as my Mamiya RX Pro-II ... which has a rotating back ... but I haven't won the lotto yet, so that will have to wait ... :ROTFL:

-Marc

anGy

:salute:

By the way, the 645D from pentax has its display turning 90° when in portrait mode, nice :thumbup:(but I believe only the image is automatically displayed in the right position, the menu do not follow, for another silly technical reason certainly, not nice :thumbdown:)

fotografz

:salute:

By the way, the 645D from pentax has its display turning 90° when in portrait mode, nice :thumbup:(but I believe only the image is automatically displayed in the right position, the menu do not follow, for another silly technical reason certainly, not nice :thumbdown:)
Don't all 645 MFD cameras do that?

anGy

With a H3DII-22 turned on its side you'll have to turn your head too for still correctly reading menus and displayed image, like on almost all DSLR by the way; 2010 they say...