Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad CFV-50

David A

Hasselblad CFV-50

Read this online at British Journal of Photography
    Seems interesting

hasselblads-v-system-cameras-digital-option

Can't seem to find any other info about it though.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad CFV-50

Hi David,

more information here:

regards
    Michael
    Last edited by Iskander; 22nd September 2010 at 07:12. Reason: Link not correct

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, that's the correct link:

http://press.hasselblad.com/press-re...ases-2010.aspx

Michael

David A

It fails to mention what the sensor size is though.

David

Post Thanks / Like

no sensor size anywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

still no way to turn the sensor also... Aptus R are much better in this regard !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Likely to be the same sensor as on the H4D-50?

I wish they would wake up and give the V-System users the back they REALLY want....one with a 40+ megapixel full frame square sensor.

Gary

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm a little worried about the V handling a 50 mpx back. I shot the V for years and for film it was great but digital is much tougher on the glass and not all the V glass was great from memory. I know a couple lenses would be good but have to be careful here I think on your choices at least this is what I am thinking. Does anyone have some input to this
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    no sensor size anywhere!
    Sensor size must be the same than the one for the H4DII-50 .
    That is 36,7 (36,8) x 49,1 mm . Pixelsize is 6 micron .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

And still no provisions to rotate back or sensor. This time I will keep my thoughts about what I think of these guys. Today, I'm going to sweat chlorohidric acid!
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but really, a 40 megapixel, 9 micron, full frame square sensor is what I think V-System users really want (and for most of us, it exceeds our needs). The CFV-39 was a nice step up in resolution and ability to capture wider fields of view vs the CFV-16, but I think very few V-System users were thinking "What I REALLY want is more megapixels".....what they really want is just a big, square sensor.

Re the V-System Zeiss glass on high res digital.....how well does it perform on a CFV-39, for those lucky enough to use one? Any comments Jurgen?

Would a 9 micron vs smaller photosite size have any impact on whether these Zeiss lenses could handle higher resolutions sensors?

Gary

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Gary I know when I went from a 9 micron to 6.8 Micron it was a little tougher on the lenses as well as the 6 now. So as they keep dropping the microns at some point you have to wonder if the old V lenses will handle it okay. I'm sure it will but some of them I remember being just okay even with film.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I know I'm beating a dead horse, but really, a 40 megapixel, 9 micron, full frame square sensor is what I think V-System users really want (and for most of us, it exceeds our needs). The CFV-39 was a nice step up in resolution and ability to capture wider fields of view vs the CFV-16, but I think very few V-System users were thinking "What I REALLY want is more megapixels".....what they really want is just a big, square sensor.

Re the V-System Zeiss glass on high res digital.....how well does it perform on a CFV-39, for those lucky enough to use one? Any comments Jurgen?

Would a 9 micron vs smaller photosite size have any impact on whether these Zeiss lenses could handle higher resolutions sensors?

Gary
    Hello Gary

I have used the CFV-39 with all lenses from 40-250mm and must say , all results are very , very good and with the DISTAGON T 4/40 IF/CFE just outstanding .
    Using the CFV-39 with the BIOGON lens (any SWC model) is not recommended and does not show satisfactory results outside the square crop . Details about that topic have been discussed in an other thread .
    I have no experience with CZ lenses and a digital back with a 6 micron pixel sensor .
    I am curious to see the first results from the CFV-50 and CZ lenses .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    And still no provisions to rotate back or sensor. This time I will keep my thoughts about what I think of these guys. Today, I'm going to sweat chlorohidric acid!
    Eduardo
    Sorry Eduardo

Again no bigger square sensor , as I thought .
    I know , many of us would like that very much , but I do doubt that this will ever happen .

Best regards
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    Sorry Eduardo

I know , many of us would like that very much , but I do doubt that this will ever happen .

Best regards
    few years ago, when hasselblad wanted us to put our V bodies on a bin to buy a H1... i would have say : " a 50 MP back without cable for V bodies will never happen'...

till this time i'v upgrade my 500CM to a 503CW and bought lenses : 50 Cfi, 80CB, 100 Cfi... my rodenstock lenses are a little bit sharper, but the zeiss lenses have something special... more life in the colors... nothing scinetific, just impressions... but i am only using an aptus 22 with it !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Again no bigger square sensor....<snip>...I do doubt that this will ever happen.
    That's what has been so frustrating. I can't fault Hasselbald entirely for this, since they don't make the sensors....but even so, they built an entire brand on the allure of a square image (and yes, precision mechanics and optics too). Now, for them to seemingly ignore this important element and attempt to re-direct their loyal customers to a different format, well, it's just very disheartening.

I'll keep my CFV-16 and collection of Hasselblad cameras and lenses.....but it could have been so much better, if only someone at Hasselblad had the determination to push this forward.

Bottom line, for me, no matter how good the CFV-50 is, this announcement was a major disappointment. Just one more lost opportunity. Still hard for me to accept that the CFV-16 is the end of the line.

But, I should give Hasselblad some credit.....at least they haven't completely abandoned the V-system owners in the way Leica abandoned the R-system owners.

Gary
    Last edited by bensonga; 22nd September 2010 at 11:18.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad are ENTIRELY in the hands of the chip manufacturers who are not going to make a 56mm square chip that will only be supported on one platform. I shot V system for years and loved it but it's time has passed and NO ONE is going to spend millions in R&D on a chip for this system only. Hasselblad is not the bad guy here.

Nick-T

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree with Nick ... can't design a back around what doesn't exist.

50 meg will put more data into the square crop over the 39 which is still an option in Phocus ... and mitigate Moiré better.

Good for Hassey for keeping digital options open to V lovers.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad are ENTIRELY in the hands of the chip manufacturers who are not going to make a 56mm square chip that will only be supported on one platform...

it would fit alpa, arca, cambo, linhof, sinar, RZ as well !
    Last edited by archivue; 22nd September 2010 at 12:19.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad are ENTIRELY in the hands of the chip manufacturers who are not going to make a 56mm square chip that will only be supported on one platform...

it would fit alpa, arca, cambo, linhof as well !

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i wrestled with the sq vs rect format as well. Ultimately, crop sq and fuggettaboudit! you would probably get 40meg sq out of that 50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A square crop would work of course and for my needs, a square crop of the CFV-39 would be more than enough, resolution wise. And I do understand that what drives this are the economics of the chip manufacturers and companies like Hasselblad.

Bottom line, if Hasselblad isn't going to push for it I don't know who will.....and it sure looks like they won't.

But...I can't help wanting to see the 9 micron, full size square sensor from someone, someday, somehow. Remember the special look produced by 9 micron sized photosites that people used to talk about here and elsewhere? Well, maybe technology has advanced to the point were 6 microns can create the same look now, I don't know....or maybe it was all in our imagination.

The simplistic consumer in me says just take one of those 9 micron sheets of sensors they cut the individual CFV-16 sensors from and cut them a little bigger next time. Voila...problem solved! As you can see, I don't have a clue about real life manufacturing.

Gary
    Last edited by bensonga; 22nd September 2010 at 14:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hooray for Hasselblad standing behind the legions of V users.

I am very pleased!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Every year we get another 20 megapixels it seems - a halving in the price of the previous years big boy..and a delayed reaction of halving of the price again of the previous to previous years 'old tech'

same cycle repeated over and over...

I set up a bunch of family shots on the weekend with old tech 33 megapixel Sinar on an Hy6 using a 180 Xenotar

the outpt was horrible - waaaaaaay to much resolution and sharpness for real people's faces I have been sin binned by everyone!!!

so umm what do I want with 80 megapixels?

answer - nothing unless I am a landscape shooter wanting some blurry detail @ 10 kms away..

the CFV16 and some nice Zeis gives you much closer to film look. I really dont think I have the technique to shoot 60/80 megapixels in the field - 30-40 is enough hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Hallo Jürgen!
    If Leaf can do it, why Hasselblad won't?
    I agree with some people that 50mp may be too much for the old V glass.
    However, the logical move was to have provided an internal turntable to that magnificent 39mp sensor, turning Hasselblad into the heroes of the 21 century and possibly into eternity. Vey sadly, they stay in their former category.
    Eduardo

Sorry Eduardo

Best regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    A square crop would work of course and for my needs, a square crop of the CFV-39 would be more than enough, resolution wise. And I do understand that what drives this are the economics of the chip manufacturers and companies like Hasselblad.

Bottom line, if Hasselblad isn't going to push for it I don't know who will.....and it sure looks like they won't.

But...I can't help wanting to see the 9 micron, full size square sensor from someone, someday, somehow. Remember the special look produced by 9 micron sized photosites that people used to talk about here and elsewhere? Well, maybe technology has advanced to the point were 6 microns can create the same look now, I don't know....or maybe it was all in our imagination.

The simplistic consumer in me says just take one of those 9 micron sheets of sensors they cut the individual CFV-16 sensors from and cut them a little bigger next time. Voila...problem solved! As you can see, I don't have a clue about real life manufacturing.

Gary
    I personally think a 9 micron full size(56x56) back has lots of potential, not just for V users but also for tech camera applications. By my math that would be about a 40MP sensor BTW.

Gary is right in that most physically large sensors are not one chip, but a combination of sensors to give the larger real estate, so just make one 56x56. It only needs to be one model in a line of MFDB's.

And make it B&W only, and I would be first in line

tetsrfun

o just make one 56x56. It only needs to be one model in a line of MFDB's.
    And make it B&W only, and I would be first in line ..
    IIRC, a few months ago I saw a link on LuLA re: a 56 x 56 B&W sensor made by Dalsa(?). Probably very low production and therefore $$$$.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I've a 503CW and lenses. I'm about to buy a used phase one p45+ with 12k shot for $14k. After seeing this, should I go for this instead? I'm also using the back with Kapture group sliding back with ebony p45+. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very disappointed by this announcement: a 50mp back for the V-system? no rotation?
    was it developed on the moon?
    Did they ever try to rotate the camera 90° and then look through a 45° viewfinder?
    Does Hasselblad really know what the most V owners want? a big SQUARE 56x56 sensor of course.
    No Hasselblad, it needs more to surprise us.

Y Sol

Post Thanks / Like

you will be able to use the P45+ in two positions without having to turn the body... that's a big plus !
    long exposures rock with the P45+ !

but... you have to deal with the cable... not a big deal for me, but a friend of mine can't stand it... a question of shooting style !

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tickled pink to see the V system "alive and well" with the release of this back. But, as noted above; I'd much rather have a square 1:1 (full frame) back. It doesn't need to be 50MP (way more than my needs, anyway). Plus, if it were square, there wouldn't be any need for rotating.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

you will be able to use the P45+ in two positions without having to turn the body... that's a big plus !

but... you have to deal with the cable... not a big deal for me, but a friend of mine can't stand it... a question of shooting style !
    You also have to remove the Phase back and rotate it manually. It is not a rotating mount like a Mamiya RZ. That is an idea I like even less than a PC cord connection from lens to back. I remove digital backs from the camera as few times as possible. These backs love to attract dust, and outdoors even more so ... plus the prospect of scratching the sensor filter by mis-mounting it when in a hurry is real ... I know three photographers that did that ... unfortunately, I was one of them

What is needed is a 90º V finder with a mask defining the taking area.

-Marc

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Y Sol View Post
    I'm very disappointed by this announcement: a 50mp back for the V-system? no rotation?
    was it developed on the moon?
    Did they ever try to rotate the camera 90° and then look through a 45° viewfinder?
    Does Hasselblad really know what the most V owners want? a big SQUARE 56x56 sensor of course.
    No Hasselblad, it needs more to surprise us.

Y Sol
    A big square sensor that no sensor maker produces and probably never will. Even if they did, the cost would be sky-high because of the way sensors are produced and the waste involved in making such a large one.

Repeat ... Hasselblad does NOT make the sensors ... Kodak and Dalsa do.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yatlee View Post
    I've a 503CW and lenses. I'm about to buy a used phase one p45+ with 12k shot for $14k. After seeing this, should I go for this instead? I'm also using the back with Kapture group sliding back with ebony p45+. Any thoughts?
    Personally, I would. The CFV back cosmetically matches the 503CW and looks like a V film back. It doesn't require that pesky PC cord from lens to back ... which is a weak link in the exposure sequence due to possible intermittent failure, and need for replacement (been there, done that, way too many times).

The 50 meg sensor is a higher res, more updated unit, and when using Phocus software Hasselblad has included DAC (distortion & chromatic aberrations corrections) for most all V lenses. It is actually amazing to see the Zeiss lenses get even better .

The only compelling reason to go with the Phase P45+ back is for really looooong exposures. In that it is unequalled.

Both backs will work fine on most any view camera. Both require use of a PC cord when on a Tech/View Camera ... not sure, but I think the Phase needs a wake-up cable ... but others that actually know can speak to that.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post

............The 50 meg sensor is a higher res, more updated unit, and when using Phocus software Hasselblad has included DAC (distortion & chromatic aberrations corrections) for most all V lenses. It is actually amazing to see the Zeiss lenses get even better .

-Marc
    Marc, that was my thinking as well on those "OLD" V series designs, they should perform very well with the new Phocus DAC corrections.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the cable. My friend recommended the one shot cable which simplify the process a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am surprised that there isn't a petition to make hasselblad fit the 1000f as well!!
    come on guys buy some new bodies and move into the 21st century.. you want hasselblad to be around in 30 years?.. they aren't going to make it if you hang onto your 500cm forever...there is more to shooting than what is seen through a wlf..you are working with a film camera..it can only take you so far in the digital world we are in.

tetsrfun

These backs love to attract dust, and outdoors even more so ... plus the prospect of scratching the sensor filter by mis-mounting it when in a hurry is real
    Also dropping it...A couple of years ago I dropped my CFV at the edge of Horseshoe Bend, AZ. As it was headed down 850 feet to the river, I caught it with the toe of my shoe and kicked it back to solid ground.

Steve

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seascape View Post
    Marc, that was my thinking as well on those "OLD" V series designs, they should perform very well with the new Phocus DAC corrections.
    They do for sure. I tried it on my H3D-II/39 using the CF Adapter.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoore View Post
    I am surprised that there isn't a petition to make hasselblad fit the 1000f as well!!
    come on guys buy some new bodies and move into the 21st century.. you want hasselblad to be around in 30 years?.. they aren't going to make it if you hang onto your 500cm forever...there is more to shooting than what is seen through a wlf..you are working with a film camera..it can only take you so far in the digital world we are in.
    Paul

Sorry , but here is a little but friendly disappointment I have to pass on to you .

Attachment 35720

And . . . . , please don't laugh , it works with my CFV-16 and with the CFV-39 when cropped to square .

Very good results .

Of course , I do not shoot with that combination , it was just some fun with my beautiful HASSELBLAD SUPER WIDE from 1957 . A part of my HASSELBLAD collection .
    I hope you enjoy that combination .
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Paul

Sorry , but here is a little but friendly disappointment I have to pass on to you .

Attachment 35720

And . . . . , please don't laugh , it works with my CFV-16 and with the CFV-39 when cropped to square .

Very good results .

Of course , I do not shoot with that combination , it was just some fun with my beautiful HASSELBLAD SUPER WIDE from 1957 . A part of my HASSELBLAD collection .
    I hope you enjoy that combination .
    I am all for using the old stuff to shoot digital with..I even like the wacky guy with the holga and phase back.. I still have and use my rollei 6000 stuff, but.. but... I am not expecting squat from any back manufacturer to make backward compatible items.. well in truth I just did a post asking leica to build new stuff for my r lenses..but that doesn't count..
    my now invalid point is that the guys making the stuff have to make a buck or they won't be there.. So I promise if I make some profit by dec. I will pony up with some new equipment...

OSC

I find this thread very interesting. The Hasselblad V system is an old system with inadequate lens as some indicated on this thread and yet has many responses from folks in a time with ongoing announcements of new technologies from Photokina. I guess something never die and instead transformed into a classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Not just a classic. It is the only camera system on earth with this configuration. The others were the Hy6/Afi camera, the Bronica SQ and the Rolleis, sadly gone. We can count the RZ but its much bigger size makes it unpractical yet. The square "6X6" format systems are ripe now for the digital era. Just name them RB645. Too bad, most photographers went for the rectangular fixed 645 type cameras or like me, shooting just about everything with a dslr.
    We'll see better times.
    Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by OSC View Post
    I find this thread very interesting. The Hasselblad V system is an old system with inadequate lens as some indicated on this thread and yet has many responses from folks in a time with ongoing announcements of new technologies from Photokina. I guess something never die and instead transformed into a classic.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a time when the art and craft of photography was perfect. We had 35slr's for fun shooting or decisive moments. We also rejoiced with some 120 cameras that had groundglass big enough to compose "on them", yet they were fast when needed because they used rollfilm. And finally, we had big, gorgeous wood or bench cameras when we had the time and wanted the ultimate picture quality.

Sometimes, it seems to me that we are paying for too many penalties for going digital. Maybe it is the nature of things, perhaps it's only caution or fear or greed or sheer stupidity from these acquiring/merging entrepeneurs.

I will be glad when the transition to digital is over. It is now 10 years since it started in practical and commercial terms. How longer will we have to bear with this?
    I hope to have some life left.
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept" - H. Cartier Bresson

shutay

Or at least a sensor shift switch (shift up/down, not rotate) that allowed you to shift the sensor up - click - shift it down - click - then stitch it together automatically in Phocus when you upload it. Then shift it back to the middle for normal shooting. Not perfect and not suitable for non-tripod work, but it'll give you a fairly sweet 48mm x 48mm square image... Or is this simply too perverse for most?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Hasselblad V system is an old system with inadequate lens as some indicated on this thread.....
    I wish we could see more images and tests of Hasselblad CFE/CFi Zeiss lenses using the 30 to 50 megapixel digital backs made by Hasselblad (or Phase One for that matter) to demonstrate whether this impression is correct or not.

Marc, Jurgen, Jim and others have the necessary experience here.....I would love to hear their views (and see more images).

No reason that a Hasselblad 503CW, 501CM, 555ELD should be considered an old and outdated camera system, just because they don't have all the electronic features of the latest offerings from Phase One, Hasselblad etc.

Those CFE/CFi lenses may not be 100% as good as the latest digital offerings, but they may well get us to a 95% solution....just as the Pentax 645 and 67 lenses may perform well enough for most purposes on the new 645D (and same for older Mamiya lenses, both 645 and 67 formats, on Mamiya/Phase One cameras/digital backs).

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.
    The V system is as modern as any mega feature dslr and better. Please don't let it die, at least till we have something better. So far nothing compares in terms of size, weight, aproach, rapport, immediacy and practicality.
    We need another Victor Hasselblad. We need another Oskar Barnack.
    Are they born yet?
    Eduardo

[QUOTE=bensonga;248291]

No reason that a Hasselblad 503CW, 501CM, 555ELD should be considered an old and outdated camera system, just because they don't have all the electronic features of the latest offerings from Phase One, Hasselblad etc.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'll chime in here with a subjective opinion. For most of my photo trek through life, a good old Hasselblad V was part of my kit ... that, and a good old Leica M. Other stuff came and went, but those were the staples. However, that trek came to a fork in the road and I had to make a choice.

When digital started becoming a compelling innovation for commercial photography I tried to keep pace. "Compelling" because film increasingly became too expensive ... not for the shooter, for the clients who had to pay for scans on top of film and processing costs because all commercial printing shifted to digital. Plus, with digital there were less reshoots ... clients saw the results immediately.

This is what initially, and primarily, fueled the Medium Format shift to digital. At first is was very small sensors, then small square sensors in backs that were breathtakingly expensive. To some degree, Kodak broke that price barrier with the Proback ... which only worked on limited V cameras at first.

The limited size of the sensors at the time meant the lens coverage eliminated full use of the legacy lens systems, and the photographer lost at the wide end due to the crop factors. This is what fueled the shift to 645. That, and the innovations in 645 systems like the still capable Contax 645 with its Zeiss AF lens system. With 645, wider angle coverage became a little better (Contax 35mm) , and the sensors grew to a rectangle more suitable to 645 with up to a whopping 22 meg.

Through all these innovations I kept up. Adding a 645 Contax to my Hassey V kit. However, the digital MF innovations kept on coming. More megs, smaller pixel pitch to mitigate moiré. Older systems kept updating backs and lenses at a stunning cost for both (Zeiss 40IF for example). Some camera systems evaporated (Bronica & Contax ... right up to Rollei).

At some point one cannot justify maintaining two separate systems with all the exponentially increasing costs involved. In my case one had to go to feed the other. I divested myself of a lifetime's worth of V gear ... including a beloved 203FE system

Here is why:

I tested the crap out of the V and H lens' "practical use" performance using a 39 meg H camera. I had a CF adapter to allow this. In some cases it was a wash. With lenses like to 100 and 40IF the Zeiss lenses kept up or did a little better. IMO, the very important HC 120/4 Macro outperformed the Zeiss version, and was much easier to use. Now Hassey has updated that macro (remains to be seen if it's that much better than the existing one).

More importantly, the old lens coverage reared it's head again. The HC series provided 28mm and 35-90 D lenses with stunning performance. The widest V lens was 40mm with a 1.1X crop factor = 45mm widest coverage on the then existing sensors. The H lenses had a higher sync speed and were AF ... making them more versatile for more applications. Then there was the HTS/1.5 which added even more versatility to the H system. With the H4D camera, the need for maintaining a separate full 35mm system is becoming less necessary.

It was a little sad to lose the tactile feel of the Vs and some the character of a few V lenses, especially some FE versions ... but the HC did a respectable job of filling that gap with the 100/2.2 and updated 150/3.2 ... and I've used a H for so long, and am so familiar with the ergonomics, that it has become second nature ... and I like things that deliver in the end ... that colors my opinion of the system, and how I feel about it.

When the Hy6 went bye-bye ... I saw the handwriting on the wall. IMO, there simply wasn't enough 6X6 potential to fuel development of a 56 X 56 sensor or even a 48 X 48 one ... at least in what is left of my lifetime. Logic prevailed and so did my bank account. For me the V was dead ... long live the V!

With the launch of the Leica M9, the other "Staple" has kept up, and remains an important part of the gear box.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Yes , Eduardo , I can only agree .

The currently available technical cameras have only very few electronic features , if at all , and are not considered old or outdated .

But some camera brands really have so much "technical paraphernalia" , or lets say knick-knack that you can hardly use all their features .
    But what I am still missing with these brands is , for example , you can't use them as a cell-phone nor can you cut the grass in your garden .

Now seriously , horses for courses .
    Depending on what your different jobs in photography are , you might of course want to use different tools for your job .
    Therefore many feature have a reasonable legitimacy .
    Regards . Jürgen .