Site Sponsors

Thread: Horseman SWDII

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Horseman SWDII

Well my Horseman Super wide came yesterday and let me say this is a strange bird but really cool. Well my first attempt suck but so was the light and i did not have my tripod with me and i am off . Looks like I need to calibrate the 35mm digitar for C1 . I forgot everything is upside down and backwards too. So if you want more tall building you shift down not up big dummy I am . i forgot all my LF stuff. LOL

so this is a failure on my part but what the heck show folks anyway. I will play more this weekend now i know how to handle it better plus I want to do some stitching . But these are simple shifts handheld. Nice to know there is still a camera out there that can challenge me. LOL

I have the P25 loaner here. Hey does FED-x deliver this Monday memorial day. My new back is in route
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Horseman SWDII

Okay the Apple store is behind me after buying MF gear Saks is NOT my new shopping spot. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm surprised you have anything left for the Apple Store!

It should be fun to watch you get this stuff dialed in.

So, for calibration, is the technique to do it on site due to lighting changes or develop a library of calibrations for the various shift amounts and apertures? I assume the calibration would take care of the color shifts in the corners on these shots right?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes just need to take a shot of a calibration target I have from Phase One than bring into C1 and it creates a profile for it. Actually simple to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay need some help here. Looking for a way to bolt on a reflex viewer or a ground glass to the Mamiya mount so i can open the lens , focus and compose than just remove and put the Phase back back on. i did some searching and just don't see a way to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Okay need some help here. Looking for a way to bolt on a reflex viewer or a ground glass to the Mamiya mount so i can open the lens , focus and compose than just remove and put the Phase back back on. i did some searching and just don't see a way to do this.

you can put a ground glass on the Hassey V mount for it.. and that will also take the focusing assistants that a normal Hassey will (cone with magnifier, etc). i focus with the H mount and glass, pull that off,, and attach the Leaf with Mamiya mount already attached

works very well.

jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim you link me on B&H

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Jim you link me on B&H

the focussing screen

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...apter_SWC.html

i didn't see the listing for the hasselblad V adapter (which is what you need)

here's the one for the H:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Adapter.html

hmm from what i can tell.. it comes standard with the Hassey V mount, and then you buy the appropriate one as extra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay now I got it figured . OUCH!!

So I need the Hassy V plate for the Horseman if I can get the focusing screen from a Super wide or flexbody. I think I can get the Hassy focusing screen easily enough. I will ask Lance to see about a plate for the Horseman. Than i could just use a Hoodman magnifier hood or just a nice loupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay just bought that Jim now just need the adapter plate from the Horseman to a V mount. Thanks Jim big help here