Site Sponsors

Thread: C645, P25, Broncolor Mobilite and a little bit of latex shine

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

C645, P25, Broncolor Mobilite and a little bit of latex shine

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so I decided to shoot a little present for her. I bought a red snapper, and had a custom pitch-fork made in a local hardware store. Then I went to this chick I know... She was a model of choice for several reasons (being a wife of a brain surgeon is not one of them): she has a fabulous scar, a spectacular figure and a remarkably obedient rottweiler. We set everything up, the model put a latex suit on, and then I realized that we needed red electric tape to make the pitchfork more color-coordinated. So, the girl went to her neighbour's since red electric tape is not usually on her shopping list. The guy, an architect and apparently a fan of global-sized projects, was working his *** off moving a driveway. Mary with a dog and a pitchfork approached him when he was standing in a pose of a scared ostrich and asked for the red electric tape. Maybe he though that it was a hallucination caused by overflow of blood and too much sun, so he asked what was it for. "For my new pitchfork", - she replied. The poor bloke silently went to his garage and came back with a roll of tape. He has not asked anything else, just gave her the tape and instantly evaporated.
    Oh, I forgot... My daughter was extremely touched, so was Mary when she learned what was it for.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: C645, P25, Broncolor Mobilite and a little bit of latex shine

I'm almost afraid to ask but, how old is your daughter. If she's the one in your avatar she might have preferred another stuffed animal In any event, great capture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Poor dog..look at that thin slab of meat..- nice Irakly.

thsinar

I like the story of the image, did you tell your daughter?

Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    Oh, I forgot... My daughter was extremely touched, so was Mary when she learned what was it for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask but, how old is your daughter. If she's the one in your avatar she might have preferred another stuffed animal In any event, great capture.
    why my avatar would have anybody but me? it's a real colour print of 1969 vintage.
    medea is fifteen. how did this happen so soon????

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Since every element in your shots has some sort of significance, I've put my thinking cap on but I'm not there yet.

p.s. your avatar here always cracks me up....such an innocent looking boy that grew up making pictures that are a lot more mischievous

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    p.s. your avatar here always cracks me up....such an innocent looking boy that grew up making pictures that are a lot more mischievous
    my avatar has a purpose. it raises awareness of harmful effect that plastic toys have on small children. i am almost completely convinced that it is these horrific celluloid creatures that made me who i am now.