The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C645, P25, Broncolor Mobilite and a little bit of latex shine

irakly

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so I decided to shoot a little present for her. I bought a red snapper, and had a custom pitch-fork made in a local hardware store. Then I went to this chick I know... She was a model of choice for several reasons (being a wife of a brain surgeon is not one of them): she has a fabulous scar, a spectacular figure and a remarkably obedient rottweiler. We set everything up, the model put a latex suit on, and then I realized that we needed red electric tape to make the pitchfork more color-coordinated. So, the girl went to her neighbour's since red electric tape is not usually on her shopping list. The guy, an architect and apparently a fan of global-sized projects, was working his ass off moving a driveway. Mary with a dog and a pitchfork approached him when he was standing in a pose of a scared ostrich and asked for the red electric tape. Maybe he though that it was a hallucination caused by overflow of blood and too much sun, so he asked what was it for. "For my new pitchfork", - she replied. The poor bloke silently went to his garage and came back with a roll of tape. He has not asked anything else, just gave her the tape and instantly evaporated.
Oh, I forgot... My daughter was extremely touched, so was Mary when she learned what was it for.

David K

Workshop Member
I'm almost afraid to ask but, how old is your daughter. If she's the one in your avatar she might have preferred another stuffed animal :) In any event, great capture.

irakly

I'm almost afraid to ask but, how old is your daughter. If she's the one in your avatar she might have preferred another stuffed animal :) In any event, great capture.
why my avatar would have anybody but me? it's a real colour print of 1969 vintage. :)
medea is fifteen. how did this happen so soon????

Terry

Since every element in your shots has some sort of significance, I've put my thinking cap on but I'm not there yet.

p.s. your avatar here always cracks me up....such an innocent looking boy that grew up making pictures that are a lot more mischievous

irakly

p.s. your avatar here always cracks me up....such an innocent looking boy that grew up making pictures that are a lot more mischievous
my avatar has a purpose. it raises awareness of harmful effect that plastic toys have on small children. i am almost completely convinced that it is these horrific celluloid creatures that made me who i am now.