Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A 39MP walk through town ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A 39MP walk through town ...

Lance at Capture Integration has been very kind in allowing to try out the P45+ and Mamiya combination over the holiday weekend. A major concern that I had with looking into MF was how well it would work as an all-around hand-holdable solution (I've never shot MF previously). I tend to be less of a studio person and more of a go out and find it shooter. I wanted to get a feel for higher ISO values, the size of the system for an afternoon of carry-around shooting and the general look of the files.

Anyway, here are a few of the results.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A 39MP walk through town ...

A few more ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And, two more ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Beautiful hi rez pics. I really like the first two.... the second one especially but I'm a tree and woods guy.
    Mike

website under construction

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shots Kurt but you know this question was coming. What are your thoughts on MF
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like pretty amazing DR in the fourth one.

Thanks for posting. Look forward to your thoughts and decision.

Best,

Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

Kurt,

Thanks for posting these as they're right on track with my thoughts and process of consideration of MF. But since you're demoing the P45+ here I'm none too happy with you, cuz I plan on starting with some broken-down 3 MP back with peanut and butter spilled all over it before I spring for the P45+ (or similar).

So you've done me no favors here!

Nice images you captured on your brief demo. It seems the combo is agreeable to you and your style.

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    I wanted to get a feel for . . . the size of the system for an afternoon of carry-around shooting and the general look of the files.
    Kurt - interested in your impressions on using a MF system for the style you talk about and from what I know of your work.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurt,

I'm glad that I'm not the only one also falling the MF slope. This thing does have a learning curve though. Handholding needs to be alot more stable with faster shutter speeds. I also really need to stop down much more to get the depth of field that I have in my mind.

I did find that the 39MP backs really do show any camera movement, but depending on the size of the final image, however alot of it never shows in the print or screen image.

The good thing is when you nail, you really nail it.

The DR and color, in these backs is amazing (let alone the resolution).

I took a shot of some Coast Guard ships across the bay in Puerto Rico with the Mamiya 150 and Phase P45+. It was amazing to be able to see the detail in the VERY small wooden plate of the ships name which was miniscule in the overall shot. The plate detail is on the ship which is to the far left, under the bridge windows.

Best,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

BTW that is the cheap lens the 150mm .
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'll post a few thoughts a little later today. It is interesting to see so many people at the same point with regard to MFDB. First, just a couple of quick shots from today. The one thing about MF that I really like is the 3D look you can generate as separation between a subject and the background. Not a big revelation to those who have shot MF before. But when you see the big file you definitely see more of a 3D look.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the second picture absolutely rocks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One of the major reasons that I've been thinking about transitioning to a MFDB is to gain the 3D separation in pulling certain subjects out of scenes that I find interesting as I run across them. I want to explore still scenes that have a certain amount of action in them ... and I want to explore them at larger sizes to watch for unintended similarities and themes.

With that being said, here are a couple of examples that I was very pleased with during my short time with the camera. I felt fairly inconspicuous with the camera as I walked about town.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two more ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

again, this time rules the second shot with a cyclist between two trees. absolutely paranoid picture! lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am reluctant to say this but feel I need to. And please, I have tremendous respect for the skills and artistic abilities of everyone involved with the MF revolution. So I don't mean this to be a comment about your talent in that regard.

What I'm leading up to is simply this. I just don't see it. I regularly follow the threads here that involve discussion of MF and with a very few exceptions, I do not see an advantage that's worth the price.

The exceptions are almost exclusively those captures (shown elsewhere in this forum) made with artificial lighting. Studio shots, fashion, product photography, etc. Aside from those examples (that are breathtaking in every way), the samples where someone carries an MF camera around and shoots similar subjects that one might shoot with a DSLR, are not really convincing me of the merits of a MF system for that kind of shooting.

I'm sure that MF could yield some excellent results on a tripod in a landscape setting. In fact I have seen some amazing examples of just that out there floating around. But for walking around and casual "observational shooting" (don't wanna get into the whole "Street Photography" debate) I'm guessing that the camera system is working against a fluid and natural style.

30 years ago I used Hassies and they had a special and important role. As did a view camera and an SLR. There was no one system that met every requirement in a professional environment. I can certainly see how a pro would require everything a larger sensor can provide. But as a replacement for a fine DSLR or M8 for out-and-about shooting? I just don't see it.

Just my opinion of course. And as I finish this final sentence, I fully anticipate that someone will have posted a few samples that completely prove me wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    I do not see an advantage that's worth the price.
    Ah... the law of diminishing returns. The potential image quality is certainly higher but only you can decide if the extra performance is worth the price.

I should probably point out that the web-sized JPEGs are woefully inadequate when it comes to demonstrating file quality. I have been dropping a few hints to people to post full-resolution images and raw files but not much luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    the samples where someone carries an MF camera around and shoots similar subjects that one might shoot with a DSLR, are not really convincing me of the merits of a MF system for that kind of shooting.
    I would agree that these cameras are not perfect for street photography but I doubt many people here are buying them with just that one purpose in mind. Imo, medium format is poor for sports, so so for street photography, and excellent for portrait, product, fashion, landscapes, architecture or any outdoor with controlled lighting.

Are you interested in medium format digital? What do you shoot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good point Tim and your right in a way. But like Kurt when I was in Puerto Rico i was basically getting to know the camera and how it works and Kurt is doing the same thing here also. This is his first time shooting MF so it is a lot different to shoot and such but he is just walking you through his demo with new gear. It really is not a street camera per say as we describe street. But it can be used outdoors for many things and what your not seeing is a 100 percent blowups on a 30 inch monitor that will honestly just scare you with detail. Not that we all have to have that but many times for me clients take things way past what my M8 can do and trust me i have been embarrassed walking in and seeing full wall size banners hanging up. As my client said the other day when I walked in with the P25 and described what it can do she said, so i can actually walk up to the banner and see detail. Right there i knew i made the right decision going MF . So it has some limitations on certain usage or types of shooting it certainly has the big advantages also. So as many of us are getting new systems and testing these things out we are all still getting a feel for them. But this is good to bounce stuff off folks and see what they think. This is a large investment and a BIG decision but at the end of the day it will be worth it.

Actually i was telling Jack this on the phone today. i worked for a big avionics corporation for 15 years as the chief photog. and traveled the world for them. But when 9/11 hit I got laid off along with about 900 other folks. they let me buy my gear for 500 dollars and it was a full Hassy V system and i mean full but my issue was at the time I could not afford 40 k for a back which in the beginning they were very expensive so I had to resort to DSLR's and had to sell all that to get the DSLR's it was a sacrifice i needed to make but now it is time to get back to what i really liked to shoot and MF shooting is fun for me and the results are far above 35mm. End of the day bigger is better be it film or digital. No matter how many mpx they stuff into a 35mm frame it still will come up short but the M8 and DMR did come very close even a 24mpx Nikon is still not going to be a MF back in quality. But they will get fairly close. Next time we look there will be a 60 mpx back so it will grow just like the 35mm world will.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've seen a lot of Kurt's posts over the years and he shoots a variety of subjects besides what he's posted in this thread. I'm guessing that he already knows what MF can do in the other arenas and wants to see if it's good for this kind of work too. Irakly seems to think so, as do many other accomplished photographers. For me, shooting MF is mostly a tripod based experience...YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    even a 24mpx Nikon is still not going to be a MF back in quality.
    Yes, and there are reasons other than megapixel count to consider the MF route:

- faster flash sync speeds (up to 1/1000)
    - more dynamic range (several stops)
    - ability to push and pull an image more than DSLR files can stand
    - more resolution possible than the top DSLRs
    - option of working with waist-level or 45 degree or 90 degree finders
    - works with view cameras
    - better lenses for some things
    - better colour
    - with some MF cameras, no need to rotate the whole camera when shooting in portrait mode
    - and believe it or not there are features which some MF cameras have which Canon et al do not, afaik, such as focus bracketing, focus trap or colour temp sensor

Every time someone just compares the MP count it makes me want to hit my head against a wall

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guys, I simply don't see what you see in these images. If you want resolution, buy a LF camera and drum scan or buy a high end Nikon or Canon and stitch. Why waste money on a system that is designed for studio use?

However if you just want a new toy, these MF cameras should fill that requirement.

thsinar

My front-head is already flat since a few years!

Thierry

PS, and more seriously, IQ is MUCH more than pixel count and resolution, far more. Resolution is just ONE little factor in the whole chain of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    Every time someone just compares the MP count it makes me want to hit my head against a wall

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's appropriate to repeat Graham's reference to web-viewed JPEGs as well. This is a particularly good forum, with respect to rational thinking and mutual respect of participants, but we're still looking at JPEGs here in most cases.

Ideally, we should be in one room (drinking adult beverages if necessary) and comparing and discussing large prints.

Just sayin'...

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"PS, and more seriously, IQ is MUCH more than pixel count and resolution, far more. Resolution is just ONE little factor in the whole chain of quality."

If that is the main consideration, use film and a LF system.

Better quality, less money and little if any depreciation.

These MF digital systems will depreciate like a newly purchased gas guzzling American Hummer this summer. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

thsinar

It will depreciate EXACTLY the way YOU want it to depreciate.

I explain myself: if it did the job (in terms of IQ) for you from day one, it will still do the same job years later. Depreciation is only in our heads and a marketing reality, nothing to do with IQ.

And, as a side note: LF is not in contradiction with digital.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    If that is the main consideration, use film and a LF system.

Better quality, less money and little if any depreciation.

These MF digital systems will depreciate like a newly purchased gas guzzling American Hummer this summer. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I simply don't see what you see in these images.
    Do you expect to see the full quality of a 16 bit 22-39 MP file in a compressed 8-bit sRGB 0.5 MP JPEG?

If you want resolution, buy a LF camera and drum scan
    Very slow to work with, very expensive per frame, noisy images, susceptible to processing errors, inconsistent exposure and colour, most clients ask for digital, not suitable for unusual lighting temps, drum scanners are becoming extinct, Polaroid is closing down, film and processing becoming hard to find locally, etc. The only subjects for which LF film is viable are product, architecture and landscape, imo, and even then you may need the extra speed, low cost, certainty, ease of use, dynamic range and other 'tricks' of digital.

or buy a high end Nikon or Canon and stitch.
    Useless for moving subjects, and see my previous post for why there is more to this than megapixels! From your post I assume that you are considering only landscape photography? You conveniently ignore whole genres such as fashion and portrait.

Why waste money on a system that is designed for studio use?
    Features such as fast flash sync are only useful OUTDOORS so these cameras are better for shooting people outdoors than any DSLR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

there is no one system that can do everything. thats why there are different formats. there is overlap in some cases between the formats at the margin. if you don't think you need a MFD back and system - then you probably don't need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well for some if not many is film is not even a option too. Yes as Graham pointed out there are many other benefits besides resolution over 35 and even LF film shooting. personally i would have NO clients if I did not shoot digital. It is a demand not a request in many cases. They want it yesterday and Pete is absolutely correct most of us shooting MF have Nikons, Canons or Leica's for the other things we need to do. No one system can do it all but you can get close depending on what you shoot and your style of shooting.

Samuel Axelsson

The second one is beautiful. Really!

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"No one system can do it all but you can get close depending on what you shoot and your style of shooting."

Guy, with that logic you could justify the purchase of the high resolution camera used to capture the descent of the Mars Lander by the Reconnaissance Orbiter for more mundane tasks.

It seems as if some (repeat, some) of the most ardent proponents of MF digital on this board are actually MF digital salesmen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for absorbing my head scratching with such good nature. I can understand the need to familiarize oneself with a new system and now, in the morning when I'm more awake, I recognize how natural that is.

I think I have been confused in a way because there are more examples of the "overlap at the margins" between DSLRs and MF than there are examples of the kinds of uses where MF systems really show their stuff and pay off.

One of the great things about this forum is the way Pro and Enthusiast co-mingle and share enthusiasms. But I would love to see more real-world examples of Pros at work. Shots taken for specific reasons and to meet specific requirements from a client. I know it's often dicey to post photos taken for clients since there are legal and ownership issues. Still, it would be great to see more samples of studio work, location photos, product shots, etc. There's a lot that can be learned by using the tools to achieve a very specific and controlled result.

Best,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"No one system can do it all but you can get close depending on what you shoot and your style of shooting."

Guy, with that logic you could justify the purchase of the high resolution camera used to capture the descent of the Mars Lander by the Reconnaissance Orbiter for more mundane tasks.

It seems as if some (repeat, some) of the most ardent proponents of MF digital on this board are actually MF digital salesmen.
    I would rather it be called a passion for the best they can deliver given what is available in the market. We have to remember there is a lot of money involved here also and folks naturally tend to defend there purchase. Have you ever been on a Canon forum. LOL Seriously though we have several manufacturing reps here and actually true MF sales folks too plus folks from the executive levels of some of the manufacturing so yes some of that is only natural. But this also gives us the user to hear all the voices and make smart decisions also. So as one owner of this site i welcome that very much to hear all sides of the coin. I know Jack feels the same views. Also for myself I have been away from MF camera's altogether for over 6 years and it killed me to go 35mm when I sat on a full Hassy V system and could not afford a back at the time. So it is time for me to get back to what I love with regards to gear. I was a happy Hassy shooter for years and I like shooting this larger format. There is no question in my mind and anyone that knows me i have been fighting quality issues for years , Nikon, Canon and eventually Leica to squeeze the very last drop of blood out of those systems. They do a great job but bigger is frankly better and always has been. I know the web does not actually show there full capabilities but the quality of file is there and there simply is no question about it. I have been doing this way too long not to see that.

let me say another little secret and that is bragging rights not with members but with clients. You know how hard it is to go to a gig and the damn art director has the same bloody camera as you maybe even better than what you have. Okay i know it should not matter because they hire you and not the gear but seriously do you believe they actually think they could not do it themselves given the same gear. Be honest it is a fact, but walking in with a MF camera that certainly bigger and has more MPX than there Canon 5D does gain some respect. Seriously anyone tells you different there full of crap. Been down this path many times and i always get , hey look at my new 5d and i can shoot some of this stuff myself. You know how much business is LOST with that thinking. Just look at wedding shooters will give you a clear view of this showing up with one body and killing guys that truly are artist in that field. We have several of those real shooters right here and they will tell you the same thing , Joey has a 5d he can shoot the wedding.

We are all gearheads to a certain point in all of the world, we all want the best there is and anything less get's looked down upon in a lot of cases. Not right I know but that is the way of the world and we can't change it. Appearance counts and my clients love the fact that i can now bring a bigger gun to the party. It may have nothing to do with actually producing better for them , you are what you are but don't let anyone fool you . Gear counts and not many folks will say what I just said.

BTW my comments on the 5D are only for illustrative reasons

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

that has not been my experience. i've been using digital backs since 2002 and owned since 2003.

what is more important, a car is an expense, unless you drive a lorry for living. a digital back for me is a money-making device. it is way more efficient than film+scanner and produces results superior to stitched 35mm files. digital mf is by no means a toy for me. i am not trying to make you feel stupid, but share with you an opinion of someone who does thing for living.

thsinar

So they are, if you feel so. Let them live, they have a right as well to believe in something, isn't it? Nobody here wants to convince by force, but give information and help. If you are feeling this information to be biased for sales reasons, free of you.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As I have said before Jack and I welcome everyone here on this forum and having folks from the OEM's is something we all want and need. Information is just information , great information leads to great decisions on the users end. The beauty of this site is we have it all , top pros, representation from the OEM's and willingness to learn and grow. Just can't beat that with a stick. I learned so much of the MF digital field in the last month or so that it helped make my decisions a lot easier and i learned a lot in the process and also told me what i need to have and what i don't need to have so yes cost me money but saved me money as well. This IS the kind of site we want a place to learn , to grow and to share. Now take that info you learn here and use it to your advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

As a guy also trying to make a living at this, I want to add a bit to something Guy mentions, as different tools have very different uses and provide solutions others cannot. I shoot a lot of action sports event stuff, and my client base has the bucks to spend on gear. I constantly see them showing up to events with gear that matches mine (Canon 1-series and "L" glass) for the same type of work. Some of these folks will even stand right next to me taking their own shots. In the end, they still wind up buying from me, because they see that my work is much better than theirs...probably because I "practice" about 4,000 frames per week during peak shooting.

What is more scary is having these same clients wanting to use some of my shots in ways that I have not always intended. This multi-purposing of image use is not a problem for smaller format, if the uses are small placements, but it makes a huge difference when they suddenly decide a double-page spread or a poster is how they would rather use the image, or even larger than that. While I may be able to push my FF 35mm files pretty far, there are some significant limitations once you start to need larger printing sizes. If all of the work is small Web-sized, or spot ads, then MF is overkill, in most respects. That is not the way things are heading from what I am seeing. Clients are wanting and now expecting much higher quality images that can be used in a variety of ways, some going well beyond what may have been considered at the start.

Like Guy, I used to shoot MF film back in the day. It was able to deliver things far beyond 35mm film then, just as MFD does today over DSLRs. Is it needed ALL the time? Absolutely not. But if your reputation is riding on the image quality you deliver, it can make a huger difference. I am about to plunge back into MF myself, expressly for the reasons suggested above....to meet both my image quality demands, and those increasing demands/expectations of my clients. There are things that MF will be unable to do in my shooting, and I will keep my DSLRs for that, but there are other areas where it far exceeds what one could realistically do otherwise. Not all shots can be done using 35mm and stitching, so a great MF file will make the day in those cases.

Have to completely agree with Irakly again on this....these are tools for some of us, and they can and do return their cost many times over. They do depreciate, from my accountant's perspective, and that is a good thing, but their capability does not depreciate in the same way, and that is a better thing in my perspective.

If one does not need them, do not bother. If one has the need and/or the means, they bring another level to the imagery that DSLRs cannot in many ways. MF is not just about "studio", unless one thinks about their "studio" as being everywhere and anytime ;-)

LJ

P.S. I wanted to add that I think it absolutely fantastic that there are so many dealers, reps and others from the various gear providers participating here, as they are able to bring a good value/use perspective that is much broader than any one or several users alone. And none that participate on this forum have ever been "pushy salesmen", but instead offer rather candid perspectives hard to find elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Look at all the discussion a few street-type of images that "shouldn't" be shot with an MFDB have stirred up. Personally, I think it's a great discussion to have and am excited by the response.

Maybe the images are crap; or they could be shot with a different system; or they are ok; or they are overkill. Botton-line for me is that I like where MF may be able to take me. If I can get my images to be as thought-provoking as the discussion of the act of someone trying to be unconventional with a fairly disciplined type of photography then I'll have accomplished something.

If not, then my kids won't be attending college.

Kurt

thsinar

what I meant to say, is that one often forgets that those "sales men" out in the field live (for) a passion as well. Most if not all working in this field are doing it out of conviction, out of passion for what they do. Most of them have worked as photographers and know the subject and what they are speaking about. Without this conviction and passion one cannot be taken seriously, however good "sales man" one is, not in the photographic field. I for one, do work for Sinar not primarily to sell, but because I like LF, I like MF, and I live out my passion when doing my job. If I would not be convinced myself, I would work for Canon, or Nikon, or Sony, to name a few, or doing any other job not necessarily related to photography. Therefore I do not really care if not taken seriously sometimes, because I know that what I am doing and telling is out of my heart and own belief, and that it is understood as such by others. A passion cannot be taken away, nor can it be thought, it can at the most be shared.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    As I have said before Jack and I welcome everyone here on this forum and having folks from the OEM's is something we all want and need. Information is just information , great information leads to great decisions on the users end. The beauty of this site is we have it all , top pros, representation from the OEM's and willingness to learn and grow. Just can't beat that with a stick. I learned so much of the MF digital field in the last month or so that it helped make my decisions a lot easier and i learned a lot in the process and also told me what i need to have and what i don't need to have so yes cost me money but saved me money as well. This IS the kind of site we want a place to learn , to grow and to share. Now take that info you learn here and use it to your advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Look at all the discussion a few street-type of images that "shouldn't" be shot with an MFDB have stirred up. Personally, I think it's a great discussion to have and am excited by the response.

Maybe the images are crap; or they could be shot with a different system; or they are ok; or they are overkill. Botton-line for me is that I like where MF may be able to take me. If I can get my images to be as thought-provoking as the discussion of the act of someone trying to be unconventional with a fairly disciplined type of photography then I'll have accomplished something.

If not, then my kids won't be attending college.

Kurt
    Kurt,
    Did not intend to "hijack" your thread with some of that discussion

I really like several of the shots you posted, and can easily see how some could be used in a "commercial" way, even though that is not what you may have been shooting them for in the first place. The one of the guy on the slick floor is a good example, as are what I would call "lifestyle" shots of the kids playing in the park. Those are the kinds of shots that I was referring to where a client may suddenly decide that they would like to use them as a wall-sized print or mural for a meeting or display. Great captures for just "walking around" as you put it

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well said Thierry.

Kurt - there was nothing wrong with any of those shots and a lot right.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kurt,
    A photographer friend of mine who shoots Hassy and flies all over the world working for them at trade shows, etc. shoots the same "type" images that you posted and he makes a nice income from selling those as stock to Getty. I don't have the "eye" to do this well, perhaps you do (or don't) but the fact is that MF gear is used, productively and profitably, for this type of shooting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LJ and Peter, I was taking no offense to anyone or anything being said. Quite the opposite actually as I believe that all of the commentary is thought provoking for me personally and solidifies the idea that I believe that I'm headed in a new direction. And, that direction feels liberating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks David, I'm feeling good about the medium and the opportunities.

Kurt

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

agreed about the difficulty of critically evaluating at a posted image, so, this is sort of on topic: what is the best way to both present and view an image on this forum? obviously, they have to be reduced in size and made into sRGB, jpg, etc. how about linking to a larger Tiff?
    then when viewing someone's pic, do you just look at it in the forum window, or do something else?

jm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    agreed about the difficulty of critically evaluating at a posted image, so, this is sort of on topic: what is the best way to both present and view an image on this forum? obviously, they have to be reduced in size and made into sRGB, jpg, etc. how about linking to a larger Tiff?
    then when viewing someone's pic, do you just look at it in the forum window, or do something else?

jm
    How about a small JPEG (as we currently see) plus a link to a high-res file which is either a raw file or a TIFF? (We can use a free host service such as mediafire.com to host the high-resolution files).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maybe we can look into that. i have to get Andy involved our gate keeper to see what can be done.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy,
    I know this is a totally free site but I'd pay a modest fee to have that capability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know and it is a great idea also.

Post Thanks / Like

You can park full size images at flickr for free and link to them easily enough so why reinvent the horse?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very thankful for the presence of sales people and manufacturers reps here. They have very useful info that often can't be found in stores, or on the web.

I'm considering a MFDB system, but I don't think I would try it without the support and info available here and on LL. For me, these forums are an essential ingredient to make MF practical, way more necessary than for 35mm where other sources of info are more available.

Thanks for the forum!

Mitchell