The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

real life experience ... New Super-Digitar 5,6/28 XL ?

archivue

Any user here ?

New Super-Digitar 5,6/28 XL

Following the introduction of the Apo-Digitar 43 XL, Schneider continues with a completely new designed 5,6/28 mm lens which will become available within the next months. The Super-Digitar 5,6/28 XL is also very suitable for the latest CCD's with the 40x54mm capture area. This 28 XL offers a 90mm image circle, which represents a 115 degrees viewing angle, with only 0,7 % distortion. The resolution at f/8 is 80 lp.

Christopher

I would love to see a both the Schneider 28 and rodenstock 32 compared. The Schneider is very compelling size and price wise, but I have the feeling that expect distortion the Schneider will loose in all other aspects. Especially when it comes to stitching.

archivue

28 and 32 is a huge difference... you allready need to shift quite a lot with the 32 to have the same angle of view...

a side by side comparison between the 28 digaron HR and the 28 XL makes more sense in my opinion !

Christopher

well as much as I hear on the 32 you actually CAN shift with a P65 without a high price. I don't need a 28 if i can't even shift 5mm or down and get the same edge sharpenns I'm getting from any other lens. ( 40/90/150 )

I think in that term the 32 will be better, so I think a test will be interesting.

Christopher

I think One Problem is that there aren't many around. When I asked arc for one they told me they wouldn't ship most before feb/march next year.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm waiting for this in Alpa mount. Not shipping yet though and I believe that there's a few people waiting for it too.

GrahamWelland

i transition from waiting for the Alpa mount version to waiting to find the requisite cash - shuffling down the back of the sofa for the spare change hasn't been 100% successful. :rolleyes: Hopefully Uncle Sam's contribution back to me soon will cover it.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Dangerous thread. Not going to look anymore but if you have a image from it sure like to quickly glance at it.

GrahamWelland

Don't worry, both he and I know about the 28's in stock up in Seattle ... I'd make a lousy poker player as he knows it's just a matter of when I bite the bullet. :eek:

gazwas

A week :shocked: I didn't think the Arca vocabulary had any words in it the were of a shorter time horizon than months :D
Ha yes. My M-Line 2 order was scheduled for a 2 week delivery that actually turn out to be 2 months!

So the short skip across the channel from France to UK was 2 months, I dread the wait to arrive in the US. :ROTFL:

Steve Hendrix

A week :shocked: I didn't think the Arca vocabulary had any words in it the were of a shorter time horizon than months :D

Actually this one is for Cambo Wide.

Gosh, don't get me started on delivery times.

I think I spend more time these days checking on delivery status than I do on everything else combined. With Arca Swiss and Leica and....it makes Phase One delivery times (that used to always be groaned over) appear stupendous!

Even Cambo has had some long delivery times on certain lenses, but to be fair, some of these delay issues are on Schneider/Rodenstock. I'm told sales have significantly exceeded their projections so far this year. So, often, Cambo and Arca Swiss are waiting on those guys.

Steve Hendrix