The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 - 120mm macro lens

xpixel

Got the 120mm to see how it works. Its E72 diameter not 82 like the 35 or 70 lens, and its heavy. The "normal" size is about 12.6 cm long. But if you make macro, the lens goes up till 19 cm. The shortest distance is about 30 cm for an object in the center. Its almost impossible to handheld for a macro shoot, you will need a tripod.
The results as i have seen till now are stunning. I post here a real world "big" picture (2560x1440)... more to come soon it hope... :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I don't see any horizontal lines. Could be the way your browser is attempting to handle a large JPG in-line. Perhaps save the JPG to your desktop and open in Photoshop.

Unless I just missed the lines you're referring to.

thomas

I don't see any horizontal lines. Could be the way your browser is attempting to handle a large JPG in-line. Perhaps save the JPG to your desktop and open in Photoshop.

Unless I just missed the lines you're referring to.
on the right hand side.

pushed here:

KeithL

I can see the lines on my browsers and in photoshop. As thomas said, right hand side.

Once you notice them you start seeing more and more.

tjv

Great looking sharpness, really sorry to see the lines. Maybe a simple memory card issue?

KETCH ROSSI

Nice shot thanks for sharing, look forward to give the Leica S2 a run as son as I get it ;)

First time I see such horizontal lines on a Still, possibly a corrupted file,
as this does happen in Motion Files, when CF cards and or the Drive is corrupted.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
great shot, wonderful colors and incredible sharpness!

I really love how the S2 and the lenses render colors.

WRT horizontal lines - no idea - perhaps this is a RAW conversion issue?

xpixel

WRT horizontal lines - no idea - perhaps this is a RAW conversion issue?
I had this line (and other band) only on 2 shoots of a lot of shoots. I really actually don't know where it comes from...

here is another shoot... more to come...

KETCH ROSSI

LOVE this last one, could you post an uncropped one? Still waiting for my S2 to take for a run, but really have not yet seen an uncropped shot, thanks, much appreciated ;)

xpixel

Here a fictitious ad... you can see how close you can shoot a "normal size" watch on landscape mode (without the black boarder)...

KETCH ROSSI

Okay stop this man, now I'm starting to cry that I don't have the S2 to play yet!!

..just kidding, keep posting but please do post a full size image, not cropped, Jpeg off course but not cropped.. ;)

Edit: Thanks for the jpeg.. you PM'd me , much appreciated.

Last edited:

KETCH ROSSI

Nice ones, especially love the rendering of Reds and shallow DOF on the flowers ;)

I like way better this Ratio and that of the Aptus II 10 vs the more Squared Ratio of the Hassy H4D 60, P65+, and Aptus II 12.

Nice reading on your Blogs too..

Thanks for sharing them David.

David K

Workshop Member
Nice photos guys... looks like Leica's got a winner with this lens. @David F... your wife is beautiful but if you keep taking pics of her with a macro lens she will smack you upside the head :)