The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P65+ w/645DF doesn't fit the 200 APO?

Pinhua

Dear all,

After three months of test and firmware update (to ver 1.14), My P65+ and 645DF still have trouble with the Mf 200mm 2.8 APO. Sometimes the mirror goes up and cannot return; or during capturing the shutter suddenly stopped working. The only method to deal with it is to detach it and attach an AF lens instead, then the mirror goes down or the shutter start working, and I can attach my 200APO for some shots (about 10-50) then it crashes again. Does anyone know what happened to the camera/lens, or has encountered similar situations?

Best regards

updated: just did another test, in single shot mode(S), when 200mm APO was on, the self-time didn't work; when 35mm AF was attached the self-timer worked well.

Last edited:

anGy

I have a 200mm Apo with a P40+ on a DF camera.
It is all new for me and also had to face problems on the first time I tried to use the 200.
The speed of the shutter couldn't be changed, the aperture was on F-- (normal) and no picture could be taken. I first thought that this lens was too old and not compatible anymore.
So I played a bit with my other newly purchased lenses and with the camera menu.

I've made custom settings on C1 and C2 (main differences based on leaf shutter / focal shutter). Then I tried again the 200 and found out that changing the camera mode (from Av to Tv to C1 or C2) did unlock the 200mm. Shutter speed selection and shutter release worked again.

I've tested this again this morning with the same result:
200mm placed on the camera : not recognized - shutter release deactivated
camera mode then switched from C1 to C2 or Av :frozen shutter release and shutter speed selector unlocked.

So, really not sure about what's going on here, but it is worth a try to select at least one custom function enabling the leaf shutter option. With my camera it seems that switching from a focal plane shutter mode to a leaf shutter mode (or vice versa) solves the issue.
Hope this will help.

ps: firmware version 1.13

Last edited:

SergeiR

Dear all,

After three months of test and firmware update (to ver 1.14), My P65+ and 645DF still have trouble with the Mf 200mm 2.8 APO. Sometimes the mirror goes up and cannot return; or during capturing the shutter suddenly stopped working. The only method to deal with it is to detach it and attach an AF lens instead, then the mirror goes down or the shutter start working, and I can attach my 200APO for some shots (about 10-50) then it crashes again. Does anyone know what happened to the camera/lens, or has encountered similar situations?

Best regards

updated: just did another test, in single shot mode(S), when 200mm APO was on, the self-time didn't work; when 35mm AF was attached the self-timer worked well.
have you considered possibility of sticky curtain? My first AFDIII body that i had mail ordered from B&H had this issue, luckily i found it very fast and body back within a day or two for full refund.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Now the DF firmware is ver 1.14.
That's the current one, so I don't know what is wrong --- works fine on mine. Only thing with manual lenses is you only get spot metering. Other than that should be fine.