Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mamiya 645 AFD II and leaf shutter lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mamiya 645 AFD II and leaf shutter lenses

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    None of existing AF systems (MF or 135) on any kind of cameras guaranteed to work on 5.6+ apperture.

On very bright day i had mine working @ f13

Hence why i said before - you got to focus, then close down. Its a bit of a tricky situation, but thats how it was working in old days , before jumpers were added to cameras (and how you still have to do it on systems like 4/3 when you use manual lenses).

So , yep..you just putting lens into M , open wide, focus, close lens, make a shot. In studio you normally ok with 5.6 or wider, no need to go wider.
    Thanks Sergei. I was suspecting that was the case. I just wanted to make sure, since I bought the lens used, that is not defective.

Paddington James

There is dead easy way to adapt it - you basically unscrew one of wee bolts on the bottom of the lens so it would stop release to go all the way, and then you can cock up shutter on lens by simply rotating front ring, without having to disconnect lens from body every time
    I can't see which wee bolt this is, but I'm curious if it might solve my problem as well.

I've just bought a Mamiya leaf shutter lens (N/L 55mm) which I'd like to use on a Braun Paxina frankencamera project. The cocking process briefly opens the leaf shutter. As there is no focal plane shutter in the Paxina, this will expose the film.

I wonder if it is possible to modify the lens so that it stays closed during cocking?

Post Thanks / Like

Described above is how i sync at 1/500 on any of AFD bodies, using old leaf shutter lenses, but ok
    I realize your post is several years old but it's still relevant. I wonder if you could you give more details on the "wee bolts" that need to be removed and any other information on the modification necessary to use an MF LS lens on afdIII. Thanks for your cooperation and information.