Site Sponsors

Thread: Arca Swiss M-Line Two

Post Thanks / Like

Arca Swiss M-Line Two

I don't know if this camera counts as medium or large format. So I am starting here.

I have a Manfrotto 405 geared head. This head has a quick release plate, on top of that I have put the short clamp that comes with the M-Line Two. These 2 together do not offer enough clearance to allow the back standard of the M-Line Two to move freely. I use the 405 with an M-Monolith with no problem, but the rear standard of the Monolith works a little differently. I am not a fan of sticking lots of bits between my camera and the tripod. So my question!!!

What is the most efficient way of getting the additional height needed to have the rear standard move freely? Efficiency being defined as : least number of components, lowest price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arca Swiss M-Line Two

not the cheapest alternative, but it ads something...

Maybe a Really Right Stuff PCL-1 Panning Clamp

It's nice to have a pano head on the top...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same camera and the junior geared head. I simply keep the camera off the centre of the rail, moved towards the back, so the rear standard when dropped, clears the back of the head. Unless the 405 is really massive, you should be able to do the same with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Kaufman View Post
    I have the same camera and the junior geared head. I simply keep the camera off the centre of the rail, moved towards the back, so the rear standard when dropped, clears the back of the head. Unless the 405 is really massive, you should be able to do the same with it.
    I am doing the same with my Arca C1.

Luis

Post Thanks / Like

Arrrgggggg... Sorry.. I have the Manfrotto 410. i.e. the Junior geared head. I'll edit the original post..