The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor Dust Cleaning Success- KOH HEPA II A+

ggriswold

I can't recommend this product highly enough... I have been chasing dust on sensors for years and this does a ultra clean air blast without residues found in canned air. As most of us know usually a wet clean isn't needed.. just dust removal. Brushes can carry old dust and the traditional blowers just blow new dust as it pushes away the old. Cleaned my D700 in 30 seconds and P40+ in 20... not a speck in either LCC shot. Hope this helps some folks frustrated by the dust battle.

$31.74 shipped from KOH. .00165% the cost of a P40+ back... such a deal.

Link: http://www.kohglobal.com/JetAir.html (Old model in top photos- new on bottom of page)

Specs:
The HEPA JET II is the latest version of the HEPA JET. The sleek new design will not only knock the dust off your sensor, but also pack away easily in your accessory bag.

Features the same proprietary components as the HEPA JET I and More.

-One Way Check Valves - Proprietary feature that ensures air only moves in one direction.
-Pleated HEPA Filter - Respirator grade, antimicrobial fiberglass filaments that do not form mold or fungus.
-PVC Bulb - Oversized Hypoallergenic Medical Grade PVC bulb that is debris free.
-Electrostatic Filter - Positioned after the HEPA filter to balance uneven charges.
-Quick Bounce - Due to the enormous surface area of the pleated HEPA filter.
-Longevity - Under normal use, you may never need to replace the HEPA filter.
-Removes Humidity and 99.97% of air particulates.

Last edited:

stephengilbert

And another plus: if you'd ordered one when this thread first appeared, you'd already have it. Really fast delivery, and a quality product. Of course, you'd have to take it to a lab to have the output air tested to be sure it's clean enough . . . .

Dolce Moda

If the bulb falls comes off from the first model... it defeats the purpose of having a closed system. I have the first one... wasn't impressed.

ggriswold

Mine hasn't come apart nor does it show signs of doing so. Works for me and I was just sharing my experience with a simple and effective product.