Site Sponsors

Thread: Capture One 5.2.1 - LCC

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Capture One 5.2.1 - LCC

Hi,

just saw there's a new C1 version.
    I reverted from 5.2 to 5.1.2 as the LCC analysis was really slow (due to the analysis of dust spots). It takes 4 seconds or so for my P45 files on 5.1.2 and 20 seconds on 5.2.
    Is the LCC analysis faster in the new 5.2.1 release?
    (Don't want to install and try it as I did a clean uninstall when I reverted form 5.2 back to 5.1.2...).

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capture One 5.2.1 - LCC

you should post this on the Phaseone.com forums. You will get a prompt and well informed reply from the no-nonsense team at phase one.

Cheers,

B

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thomas, I find LCC in 5.2.1 just as fast as 5.1 if you leave dust un-checked.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Thomas, I find LCC in 5.2.1 just as fast as 5.1 if you leave dust un-checked.
    also whith the initial analysis of the LCC file? How can I disable the dust spot detection prior to applying the LCC to a file? The handling of files is fine as soon as the LCC is created - it's only the initial analysis that takes some time (~20 seconds with P45 files).
    Is that different on you system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay, got it -- Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the initial analyze does take about 20 seconds for my P65+ files too. The application of the LCC is fast though.
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Yes, the initial analyze does take about 20 seconds for my P65+ files too.
    okay, good to know - thank you!
    So I won't upgrade now. I hope they add a setting to enable/disable the dust spot detection.
    It's a great feature! But if you don't need it and if you have to make several LCCs from a shooting the slow analysis is a bit annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    okay, good to know - thank you!
    So I won't upgrade now. I hope they add a setting to enable/disable the dust spot detection.
    It's a great feature! But if you don't need it and if you have to make several LCCs from a shooting the slow analysis is a bit annoying.
    Agreed, they should make it optional on the dust spot read. However, I do not use LCC very often to begin with, so it's a non-issue for me, and I actually might use it MORE just for the dust feature! IOW, one LCC frame read at the beginning of a shoot for any camera applied to every subsequent frame, and you have auto dust removal for all images which is pretty cool IMO.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. i may look into LCC profiling for real after reading this. I normally didnt use it at all.