Site Sponsors

Thread: Buyer's Remorse...Don't Drink and Shop Online!

Post Thanks / Like

Buyer's Remorse...Don't Drink and Shop Online!

This ad just appeared in New Orleans Craigslist ... poor fellow.
    Thought group might appreciate... a cautionary tale!

I bought this a week ago off adorama while inebriated but I need the money. comes with a 120 back and also includes four rolls of portra 160vc I can meet up anywhere in the quarter, please text (not call) 985-259-1315. price is negotiable of course.

It wasn't me... I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Cambo RS with 45mm last week from Capture Integration. I was sober and am really enjoying it so far. More on that later. At the beach this week and getting into a rhythm with it... using my P40+. Mamiya 645 AFDII for most things, but wanted to branch out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buyer's Remorse...Don't Drink and Shop Online!

Hah! I did something similar this past summer, although I wasn't drunk but taking Ambien to help me sleep. In addition to sleep-eating, an uncommon but known side effect, I also engaged in some sleep-shopping and bought several things online without being consciously aware that I had done so.

Fortunately, none of it was too costly, so I got off easily once I realized what was happening (and, of course, stopped taking Ambien). For a few weeks, though, I was worried about a mailorder bride showing up at my door!

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only way I can bring myself to spend money on Hassy Gear
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well - my first Leica purchase was an M6 that I got 'by mistake' on ebay in 2006 . . .. I wouldn't like to think how much that has cost me over the years

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    Hah! I did something similar this past summer, although I wasn't drunk but taking Ambien to help me sleep. In addition to sleep-eating, an uncommon but known side effect, I also engaged in some sleep-shopping and bought several things online without being consciously aware that I had done so.
    That's a good one, heck I'm going to start taking the stuff, what an incredible excuse to use with wives for both the expanding waist line and the equipment expenditures...
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Too funny
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My problem is I'm sober and still buying stuff. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

nolaSafari

Quote Originally Posted by ggriswold View Post
    This ad just appeared in New Orleans Craigslist ... poor fellow.
    Thought group might appreciate... a cautionary tale!

I bought this a week ago off adorama while inebriated but I need the money. comes with a 120 back and also includes four rolls of portra 160vc I can meet up anywhere in the quarter, please text (not call) 985-259-1315. price is negotiable of course.

It wasn't me... I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Cambo RS with 45mm last week from Capture Integration. I was sober and am really enjoying it so far. More on that later. At the beach this week and getting into a rhythm with it... using my P40+. Mamiya 645 AFDII for most things, but wanted to branch out.
    OK, is this a good deal? Should I call him I am about 10 min away by foot from the French Quarter. As you can tell by my post I have no clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by nolaSafari View Post
    OK, is this a good deal? Should I call him I am about 10 min away by foot from the French Quarter. As you can tell by my post I have no clue.
    If you have no clue then how could you tell if it even worked properly? Pass.

nolaSafari

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Tuttle View Post
    If you have no clue then how could you tell if it even worked properly? Pass.

Mark, I have no clue to the value of Mamiya m645 or at least I didn't. I did do some research and concluded that the deal wasn't good enough to get in any hurry about and as you point out due to lack of experience it is better to pass.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Its about as bad as going through gallery of MF images Your hands do start to itch to get some new toy.. and only sheer will (or wife with heavy ironer) can stop you..