The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Buyer's Remorse...Don't Drink and Shop Online!

ggriswold

This ad just appeared in New Orleans Craigslist ... poor fellow.
Thought group might appreciate... a cautionary tale!

I bought this a week ago off adorama while inebriated but I need the money. comes with a 120 back and also includes four rolls of portra 160vc I can meet up anywhere in the quarter, please text (not call) 985-259-1315. price is negotiable of course.

It wasn't me... I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Cambo RS with 45mm last week from Capture Integration. I was sober and am really enjoying it so far. More on that later. At the beach this week and getting into a rhythm with it... using my P40+. Mamiya 645 AFDII for most things, but wanted to branch out.

Audii-Dudii

Hah! I did something similar this past summer, although I wasn't drunk but taking Ambien to help me sleep. In addition to sleep-eating, an uncommon but known side effect, I also engaged in some sleep-shopping and bought several things online without being consciously aware that I had done so.

Fortunately, none of it was too costly, so I got off easily once I realized what was happening (and, of course, stopped taking Ambien). For a few weeks, though, I was worried about a mailorder bride showing up at my door! :eek:

jonoslack

Well - my first Leica purchase was an M6 that I got 'by mistake' on ebay in 2006 . . .. I wouldn't like to think how much that has cost me over the years:eek:

Ben Rubinstein

Hah! I did something similar this past summer, although I wasn't drunk but taking Ambien to help me sleep. In addition to sleep-eating, an uncommon but known side effect, I also engaged in some sleep-shopping and bought several things online without being consciously aware that I had done so.
That's a good one, heck I'm going to start taking the stuff, what an incredible excuse to use with wives for both the expanding waist line and the equipment expenditures...

N

nolaSafari

This ad just appeared in New Orleans Craigslist ... poor fellow.
Thought group might appreciate... a cautionary tale!

I bought this a week ago off adorama while inebriated but I need the money. comes with a 120 back and also includes four rolls of portra 160vc I can meet up anywhere in the quarter, please text (not call) 985-259-1315. price is negotiable of course.

It wasn't me... I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Cambo RS with 45mm last week from Capture Integration. I was sober and am really enjoying it so far. More on that later. At the beach this week and getting into a rhythm with it... using my P40+. Mamiya 645 AFDII for most things, but wanted to branch out.
OK, is this a good deal? Should I call him I am about 10 min away by foot from the French Quarter. As you can tell by my post I have no clue.

N

nolaSafari

If you have no clue then how could you tell if it even worked properly? Pass.

Mark, I have no clue to the value of Mamiya m645 or at least I didn't. I did do some research and concluded that the deal wasn't good enough to get in any hurry about and as you point out due to lack of experience it is better to pass.

Jim

SergeiR

Its about as bad as going through gallery of MF images ;) Your hands do start to itch to get some new toy.. and only sheer will (or wife with heavy ironer) can stop you..