Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 47 of 47

Thread: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

  1. #1
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    The Hasselblad eye cup that's on my H3D2-39 (or should I say was on it) is very comfortable, can even use it with my reading glasses on. And it's fine in the studio on a camera stand.

    But once you start moving the camera around, whether putting the camera into a camera bag, or having it on strap over your shoulder, or carrying it in crowded situation like a wedding, it seems to me it's about as bad a design as you can come up with. It just gets knocked off regularly. It finally got knocked off and lost yesterday.

    The eye cup just slips on the outside of the optical viewfinder. Stupid. Why not have a threaded end with the same rubber eye cup so that it stays on the camera. A simple screw in eye cup would be a huge improvement. Or am I the only one how has this problem?

    Is there some guy in China that makes replacement eye cups? I want to order a gross of them. That might last a year for me.

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    The Hasselblad eye cup that's on my H3D2-39 (or should I say was on it) is very comfortable, can even use it with my reading glasses on. And it's fine in the studio on a camera stand.

    But once you start moving the camera around, whether putting the camera into a camera bag, or having it on strap over your shoulder, or carrying it in crowded situation like a wedding, it seems to me it's about as bad a design as you can come up with. It just gets knocked off regularly. It finally got knocked off and lost yesterday.

    The eye cup just slips on the outside of the optical viewfinder. Stupid. Why not have a threaded end with the same rubber eye cup so that it stays on the camera. A simple screw in eye cup would be a huge improvement. Or am I the only one how has this problem?

    Is there some guy in China that makes replacement eye cups? I want to order a gross of them. That might last a year for me.
    Just put a dab of glue on it.

    -Marc

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Agree with Marc. I have mine superglued on...and it stays put.

  4. #4
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    So someone who buys a $40,000 H4D-60 has to glue the eyecup on. Unbelievable. It's like saying when you buy a new BMW, the windshield wipers might fall off so better glue them to the holder.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Hey, don't shoot the messengers...we are just sharing with you what worked for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    So someone who buys a $40,000 H4D-60 has to glue the eyecup on. Unbelievable. It's like saying when you buy a new BMW, the windshield wipers might fall off so better glue them to the holder.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    You should try this over at LuLa, it would play well there.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member symbolphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    I've used mine at a wedding and have had no issues whatsoever. I dont put mine in a bag though, mine goes in a Pelican 1510 with foam.

  8. #8
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Try running a rental department with multiple H2 bodies going out ever week during the rental season. At least then the replacement cost is billed to the renter.

  9. #9
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Chong View Post
    Hey, don't shoot the messengers...we are just sharing with you what worked for us.
    Not shooting anyone. I guess I missed the glue thing in the manual. lol.

  10. #10
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Try running a rental department with multiple H2 bodies going out ever week during the rental season. At least then the replacement cost is billed to the renter.
    You must really need that little guy in China who makes replacement eyecups. I hope I find his website. lol.

    Yesterday I had to photography a high school marching band group, 92 members, for a poster which is a perfect use for medium format and immediately had to rush to a county championship soccer game for action photos, a good use for a dslr. I wasn't going to leave the Hasselblad and lenses in my car so brought that gear along with my Canon gear to the field. It stayed by side of bench area until the second overtime period. Having photographed something like 12 out the last 14 championships, I know to take the group photos with plaques and all after the game and know the bench area gets less secure. With an extra number of newspaper photographers and reporters on the same sideline I decided it's was a better idea to sling the Hasselblad over a shoulder than to leave it in an unsecured bag as time was winding down. Between the commotion of happy players, parents, photographers, officials someone probably bumped into the Hassie and eyecup was gone. This isn't a case of contact photography, just trying to make sure my gear doesn't walk off with someone other than myself, hence my disappointment and annoyance. Maybe I was also more P.O.'d because I had a nice, little family photo in pumpkin patch today and keep looking at the naked end of my viewfinder.

    Maybe I'll drive up to Hasselblad hq here in NJ and ask them to put the page with the glue instruction a little more prominent in the manual in four languages. lol

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    I had this problem with my H3DII-39 before, but i traded in for H4D-60, i am still worry about it as i am sure it will fall off sooner or later aft a while.
    Tareq

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Hassey does seem to lightly glue it in place which obviously isn't the best solution ... it just doesn't take much abuse ... like cramming it into the bag like I do. Once it's loose it falls off with just a bump until you glue it back in place better. The eye cup is such soft comfortable collapsable rubber that it's pretty easy to stuff the camera in a bag and have it put pressure on the eye-piece until it gives way.

    I've learned to put the camera back into the camera bag eye-piece first ... problem solved so far.

    My H2F rarely gets crammed in a bag, and the eye cup has never come off after a couple of years, including carrying it around in crowds and such.

    -Marc

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brockton,MA
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I had this problem with my H3DII-39 before, but i traded in for H4D-60, i am still worry about it as i am sure it will fall off sooner or later aft a while.
    So far, its holding in do not look like it will like h3d-50

    i did glue it got tired of looking for it all the time I took the camera of the bag.

    now its working perfect, a list for now.

    BlasR

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I had this problem with my H3DII-39 before, but i traded in for H4D-60, i am still worry about it as i am sure it will fall off sooner or later aft a while.

    This is the camera equivalent of the filled-up ashtray ?


    I have glued mine as well but I will be trying the upgrade route for the other body where the eye-cup keeps falling off.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustbak View Post
    This is the camera equivalent of the filled-up ashtray ?


    I have glued mine as well but I will be trying the upgrade route for the other body where the eye-cup keeps falling off.
    Just let's hope it won't, and i will be so careful this time, but the bag is a bit tight so i may better find another bag with more space or room so it will not have problems with that i-cup.
    Tareq

  16. #16
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    It's not bad when the eye cup falls off in your bag. It's when it falls off in some public place and you don't realize it for a couple of minutes.....or longer.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    It's not bad when the eye cup falls off in your bag. It's when it falls off in some public place and you don't realize it for a couple of minutes.....or longer.
    I agree, it happened many times for me with that H3DII-39, good that i always check the camera when i finish shooting and walk away, also i was lucky maybe that it falls off when i am not in public so crowded place.
    Just in case if it falls and i lost it, where i can buy a new eye-cup for H1-H4/Hx?
    Tareq

  18. #18
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Just in case if it falls and i lost it, where i can buy a new eye-cup for H1-H4/Hx?
    I emailed my local Hasselblad rep a few days ago, but didn't hear back. I think when I have a chance I'll just call Hasselblad in NJ.

    I keep some moustache wax in my camera bag in case my handlebars need some work, but now I'll have to keep an extra eye cup and some glue too.

  19. #19
    tetsrfun
    Guest

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    I emailed my local Hasselblad rep a few days ago, but didn't hear back. I think when I have a chance I'll just call Hasselblad in NJ.

    I keep some moustache wax in my camera bag in case my handlebars need some work, but now I'll have to keep an extra eye cup and some glue too.
    This is probably who you need to contact:

    Nicole Patchell
    Dealer Order Dept Supvsr / Parts Dept

    Hasselblad USA
    333 New Road
    Suite 5
    Parsippany, NJ 07054
    Ph 973-227-7320 X238 Fax 800-424-0234

    Hasselblad USA has moved all parts dept. to NJ. When I called a few days ago they were unpacking boxes....Probably better if you call next week. >

    Steve
    Last edited by tetsrfun; 3rd November 2010 at 12:19.

  20. #20
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Steve,

    Thanks!!!!

    I just might drive up there one of these days.

  21. #21
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    All,

    I think the eyecup issue with H cameras is a real issue! Nevertheless this differentiates a good representation (dealer) from a bad one. My dealer told me this weakness upfront and showed me how to handle and store the camera, so that the eyecup does not fall off or the mounting is destroyed by carrying etc.

    Just a minor note on the fact that the dealer - or call it support (local support) - is almost as important as the camera system itself.

    BTW this was one of the main reasons why I choose Hasselblad over Phase - dealer / support efficiency in Austria.

  22. #22
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Just got off the phone with Hasselblad. Nicole said the shorter eyecup stays on better. I'll try that one. She did say once they come off they tend to come off a lot more, even if glued. I should get it in a few days.

  23. #23
    mistaki spita
    Guest

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    I bought a H4D40 earlier this year and the eye cup came off soon. My dealer thecamerastore in Calgary used a a small plastic tie to secure the eyecup and I no longer have an issue. I think the solution is better than any glue job and is simple.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Wink Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by mistaki spita View Post
    I bought a H4D40 earlier this year and the eye cup came off soon. My dealer thecamerastore in Calgary used a a small plastic tie to secure the eyecup and I no longer have an issue. I think the solution is better than any glue job and is simple.
    Maybe i have to take it off by force and then try your solution.
    Tareq

  25. #25
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    The plastic tie might be a very workable idea. Nicole said something about a couple of screws that hold the cup, but she did say that once the eyecup gets knocked off, there's not really a good solution.

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    The plastic tie might be a very workable idea. Nicole said something about a couple of screws that hold the cup, but she did say that once the eyecup gets knocked off, there's not really a good solution.
    Then they should get someone at Hasselblad working on a solution ... it's bullsh^t that this happens.

    What's weird is that I never had this issue with my older H cameras ... not once. The only thing that changed was the bag I use ... previously I used a tall roller bag with the camera stored face down. I am positive that the eye-piece originally got knocked off taking it in and out of the new bag.

    -Marc

  27. #27
    mistaki spita
    Guest

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Further to use of plastic tie. Most of my work is with major outdoor events. I carry my H4D40 in a sling bag with a full set of lenses. The camera and lenses are snug in the bag so the eyecup is vulnerable when the camera is going in or out. The tie works. If you already have used glue you could still put a tie on as well. If you haven't used glue then just use the tie.

  28. #28
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    FWIW, this happens on the V cameras (prisms) too. The PM5, PM51...

    A dab of glue (preferably something less permanent than super glue) usually does the job. Some rubber cement is good; easily removed should the eyecup actually get damaged. Though the grip is obviously less than the super glue.

    My Canon 1D2N did this with a third-party eyecup as well. I had a great solution to the minimal stock "eyecup" with a more well-formed one. Well, it's laying in Jamaica somewhere right now...

    My old Canon A-1 did this as well, though the grooves were a lot deeper and held up much better. It took quite a bit to dislodge it, but it happened.

    What manufacturers SHOULD be doing is forming the rubber eyecup over a plastic, threaded insert!

  29. #29
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    ...Though I believe many manufacturers (Hasselblad included) do this so that you can remove the eyecup quickly and easily in case it's lost (ha), damaged - or you wish to toss on a magnifier.

  30. #30
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I am positive that the eye-piece originally got knocked off taking it in and out of the new bag.

    -Marc
    Nicole at Hasselblad parts said that's exactly how most get knocked off, taking them out of in a camera bag.

  31. #31
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post

    What manufacturers SHOULD be doing is forming the rubber eyecup over a plastic, threaded insert!
    Exactly what I think they should have. Simple, easy to replace, won't get knocked off, not hard to get manufactured, can fit on various models.

  32. #32
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by mistaki spita View Post
    Further to use of plastic tie. Most of my work is with major outdoor events. I carry my H4D40 in a sling bag with a full set of lenses. The camera and lenses are snug in the bag so the eyecup is vulnerable when the camera is going in or out. The tie works. If you already have used glue you could still put a tie on as well. If you haven't used glue then just use the tie.
    Can you post a close-up of that solution? ... I'm having trouble visualizing it.

    Thanks,

    -Marc

  33. #33
    Senior Member symbolphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    I just got a short eyecup in the mail today. I was expecting a 100 2.2 plastic bayonet for the lens hood. If someone gets my bayonet mount, let's trade!

  34. #34
    Senior Member KeithL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Can you post a close-up of that solution? ... I'm having trouble visualizing it.
    Same here. I imagine it as a tightly fitting cable tie, but yes, I'd like to see that close-up.

  35. #35
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by symbolphoto View Post
    I just got a short eyecup in the mail today. I was expecting a 100 2.2 plastic bayonet for the lens hood. If someone gets my bayonet mount, let's trade!
    I ordered a short eyecup last week. Might be me. lol. I think I got Hasselblad just to send the eyecup in an envelope rather than charge me $8.00 for shipping. Seemed crazy for something that small.

    NOTE: A few minutes after I posted the mail came. (It does come sooner when the forecast is for rain.) I just got my eyecup, not your mount. Darn, thought I'd have myself a nice new mount. lol.
    Last edited by David Schneider; 16th November 2010 at 07:00.

  36. #36
    Senior Member symbolphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    ha, i fixed it up with Nicole in Jersey. Sent the wrong item.

  37. #37
    mistaki spita
    Guest

    Post Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    A snapshot of the tie for the eyecup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  38. #38
    Senior Member KeithL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by mistaki spita View Post
    A snapshot of the tie for the eyecup.
    Thanks.

    Yes, looks like a type of cable tie.

  39. #39
    Member Analog6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Terranora Northern NSW Australia
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Mine split, right along the middle. I have checked the price of a new one and as I can't see how I can avoid it (eventually) doing it again I'm using it without at the moment. Mine was a former rental camera and it had been glued. Anyone know how to get glue and rubber bits OFF my viewfinder?
    Odille

    H2 | P20 | HC 50-110 | HC 150 f3.2 | HC 210 f4 ~ My Website

  40. #40
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    OK, I finally unpacked my new eyecup from Hasselblad. On Nicole's recommendation I went with the shorter eyecup because it's better to use with glasses and I like to keep my reading glasses on if possible.

    I don't see how it's held on! There are two screws on the body. I'll have to call them. Maybe I'll trade it in for the larger one because I think the larger at least extends farther than down the camera body so you can put the tie on.

    NOTE: Looks lke you take the two screws out, pull the eye piece rubber back, put the two screws in. Man, those two little screws are suppose to keep the eyecup attached? Not exactly heavy duty.
    Last edited by David Schneider; 19th November 2010 at 08:48.

  41. #41
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Nuts. I couldn't get the darn two tiny screws out of the camera. Need to get those out so can put them through the eyecup to secure to camera. Feels like I need a torque wrench to get them out instead of a jeweler's screwdriver. (Wondering if original cup was ever secured with the screws or just seated on the frame or eyecup just ripped off the screws?)

    There are two other screw holes in both camera and eyecup and I called Hasselblad and asked if they could send me two little itty bitty screws (which should have come with the eyecup). Sure, at $2.00 each plus postage. lol. Anyway, I think I'm just going to drive up there and have them put the darn eyecup on.

  42. #42
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    Nuts. I couldn't get the darn two tiny screws out of the camera. Need to get those out so can put them through the eyecup to secure to camera. Feels like I need a torque wrench to get them out instead of a jeweler's screwdriver. (Wondering if original cup was ever secured with the screws or just seated on the frame or eyecup just ripped off the screws?)
    In my experience the screws tear through the rubber and that's the beginning of the end of "security" for the eye cup.

  43. #43
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    In my experience the screws tear through the rubber and that's the beginning of the end of "security" for the eye cup.
    Maybe for another $2 a piece they can come up with little tiny washers. That might help. lol

  44. #44
    Workshop Member kuau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Park City, UT
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    34

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
    Just got off the phone with Hasselblad. Nicole said the shorter eyecup stays on better. I'll try that one. She did say once they come off they tend to come off a lot more, even if glued. I should get it in a few days.
    Order the shorter one i did for my h3d39 and never had a problem again
    Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

  45. #45
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    I couldn't get the two tiny screws off so I drove my new eye cup up to Hasselblad and asked them to install it for me. Guy says the screws were stripped. I don't know, but if he replaced them, he saved me $4. lol. Anyway, the small eyecup is finally out of my camera bag and on the back of my camera.

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    FYI
    Hasselblad are aware of the issues around the rubber eye cup and are working on it.
    Nick-T

  47. #47
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup

    Damn Stupid Hasselblad Eye Cup Piece of Poop!!!!

    Well the stupid Hasselblad short eye piece that Hasselblad put on for me because I couldn't do it came off. I'm not rough at all with my gear and just touching some case padding shouldn't be reason enough for the eye cup to come off.

    Sorry for the rant. I guess I'll go with Crazy Glue and one of those cable ties. It amazes me you have to (as the kids say) go ghetto (older people can say Rube Goldberg) to keep a simple eye cup on a pretty expensive camera. As Sarah Palin says, "WTF" (and I don't mean Win The Future because I don't see it happening with this stupid Hasselblad eye cup.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •