The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

best LEAF back for "long exposure"

archivue

I know that leaf back are limited for long exposure, but within this limit (30s or so)... what's the best leaf back in this domain ?

30s is enought for my needs, but 30s with the aptus 22 isn't great at all !

maybe the P45+ still the best option for 30s and tech cam... ?

yaya

As always my advice would be to test it for yourself...I can show you clean files from 22, 33 and 56MP Leaf backs but you should try these backs alongside your 22 and see if they're better.
In general, 33 is a bit better than 22, 56 is again a bit better than 33 and so on. How much is "a bit" is depending on your specific need and taste, I think.

BTW I'll be in Paris this Thursday+Friday with the Aptus-II 12 if you want to have a peek and say hello

Salon de la Photo link

SergeiR

Hmm.. out of interest did iso25 @ 21s on Aptus 54s last night. Seems to be pretty bleedin' clean to me ;) Controlled environment, of course, no extra heat.