The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D reviews

kuau

Workshop Member
If I got back into Mf I am going pentax 645d
I loved my h3d 39 but living in the snow now, I would not feel comfortable with any of the Mf solutions out there, no weather sealing what so ever except pentax.

Paratom

I am surprized that the Pentax doesnt draw even more attention.
Without having used one it sounds like it offers many good features while still being available for "low" price.
+multi point/sensors AF
+weather sealing
+DSLR-like user interface and handling
+compact for a MF-camera
+nice screen/display
+good higher ISO

What I would like to know is how good are the lenses working? Is there a nice portrait lens in the 100-150mm range?
If yes I might consider a switch from my Hy6 system. I am sure the Pentax lenses wont beat a 110/2.0 but I would assume with the smaller size, easy handling, nice af this would be a system I would use more often than the Hy6 which I like but which is also pretty big.
Anyways-I am looking forward to read and more important see more from the Pentax 645d

mediumcool

What I would like to know is how good are the lenses working? Is there a nice portrait lens in the 100-150mm range?
If yes I might consider a switch from my Hy6 system. I am sure the Pentax lenses wont beat a 110/2.0 but I would assume with the smaller size, easy handling, nice af this would be a system I would use more often than the Hy6 which I like but which is also pretty big.
Anyways-I am looking forward to read and more important see more from the Pentax 645d
Pentax MF lenses have always been well-regarded. I've seen a comparison where the Pentax 645’s 35mm w/a beat out a Zeiss equivalent (and the Mamiya too).

Both the older MF and newer AF lenses work fine. They are starting to get a bit rarer on eBay I think.

I would get a 645D it had a removable sensor.

Paratom

Pentax MF lenses have always been well-regarded. I've seen a comparison where the Pentax 645’s 35mm w/a beat out a Zeiss equivalent (and the Mamiya too).

Both the older MF and newer AF lenses work fine. They are starting to get a bit rarer on eBay I think.

I would get a 645D it had a removable sensor.
Yeah, you cant upgrade it. On the other hand in case of Pentax the body AND the sensor do not cot more than just the back if you buy a phase or Hassy. So financilly I can not see the disadvantage.

mediumcool

I need a camera w/movements

that's why I have gone w/Mamiya interchangeable backs

even though the 645D is a real game-changer

xpixel

Without having used one it sounds like it offers many good features while still being available for "low" price.
+multi point/sensors AF
+weather sealing
+DSLR-like user interface and handling
+compact for a MF-camera
+nice screen/display
+good higher ISO
And what about tethering...:confused: it seems not available.

Paratom

And what about tethering...:confused: it seems not available.
Ok, I am not a Pro and for my use I dont need tethering.

Also as much as I love my Artec I just use it so seldemly that I question the need (for me of course).

Exchangeing my Sinar stuff (Hy6+LV75+Artec) I would loose the tech-posibility (which I like but dont use enough), I would give up the great viewfinder of the Hy6, the great Rollei glass, I would expect therefore a slight disadvantage regarding IQ.

But I would gain a (hopefully) much better AF with usefull multi AF points, and a more SLR-like handling, for a "reasonable" price.

It would depend a lot on the accurancy and speed of the Pentax AF if this camera is intersting for me or not.